Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea in Paris

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
It is deplorable what the Chelsea fans did , but honestly does it justify interviewing the black guy on the news , reported on the national news for two days as basically headlines . They pushed him and sung 'we are racists' , it is wrong I agree but did they punch him ? did they hurt him ? I know he shouldn't needed to but why did he not try the next carriage ?
I think it has been blown out of all context , there are many more important issues in the world , especially at the moment unfortunately ! Ban them from football , that's about it !

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Exactly, hes on the FRONT page of the metro, and they loved throwing in the picture of him with Nigel Farage hoping to smear him by association, meanwhile on PAGE 13 you get the story about the Muslim bloke arrested with a knife, hammer and ISIS flag on his way to behead a British Soldier being found guilty....sums up the media for me.

Much as I'm no fan of Farage or "Geezahs", it's ridiculous what they've done to the pair of them in order to make a sellable front page in an election year.

Lets face it though, it's true of anything the media does. Not trying to score points, but whether it's immigrant related or a football fan, the real news and the details are hidden away.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Much as I'm no fan of Farage or "Geezahs", it's ridiculous what they've done to the pair of them in order to make a sellable front page in an election year.

Lets face it though, it's true of anything the media does. Not trying to score points, but whether it's immigrant related or a football fan, the real news and the details are hidden away.
fair point tbh , and its not just confined to chelsea fans , there is even racism in the Nigerian elections judging by this photo , i thought we'd left those sort of names in the 70s

Goodluck Sambo 2015 Banners destroyed by youths in Abuja (2).jpg

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
fair point tbh , and its not just confined to chelsea fans , there is even racism in the Nigerian elections judging by this photo , i thought we'd left those sort of names in the 70s

View attachment 63218

Man you're trolling me now!!!

That's their real names.

Goodluck Jonathan (president)

Namadi Sambo (vice president)

D

Deleted member 22389

It is deplorable what the Chelsea fans did , but honestly does it justify interviewing the black guy on the news , reported on the national news for two days as basically headlines . They pushed him and sung 'we are racists' , it is wrong I agree but did they punch him ? did they hurt him ? I know he shouldn't needed to but why did he not try the next carriage ?
I think it has been blown out of all context , there are many more important issues in the world , especially at the moment unfortunately ! Ban them from football , that's about it !

It's bloody ridicolous isn't it. Thought I would watch the video, and the guy who's face is plastered all over the media wasn't even singing, in fact I would go as far as saying he doesn't even look to be part of that group. Wrong place wrong time. As for the picture with Farage to try and prove a point, pathetic.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Exactly, if he was accused of fighting for the Taliban against British forces there would be the usual coterie of tosspots on here parroting their mantra about 'preferring to wait for evidence blah blah blah, doesn't apply here though, because he's accused of the worst crime of all , RACISM!!!!

You're accusing other people on NSC of having a mantra? :wrong:

Jan 30, 2008
Agree Bold.

Everyone picks on poor little Chelsea.

Of course, for me it doesn't matter which club they were representing. They were British football fans behaving appallingly.

I'm sure that had they been French fans on British soil then the French would have been appalled.

Let's hope how they face some sort of justice is a lesson to us all. I doubt it, and I'm sure someone will come on saying "that's football" and "they were goaded" or "just having a laugh that got out of hand."
you said it???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
It's bloody ridicolous isn't it. Thought I would watch the video, and the guy who's face is plastered all over the media wasn't even singing, in fact I would go as far as saying he doesn't even look to be part of that group. Wrong place wrong time. As for the picture with Farage to try and prove a point, pathetic.
Despersate tactics from desperate people , some of these left wing media types must have sleepless nights
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
common sense prevails , to many bed wetters on here
regards
DR

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yet another story hounding football fans in the media. You'll see identical racist incidents up and down the country every friday night (and every night inbetween) and no one reports on those.

Jan 30, 2008
Yet another story hounding football fans in the media. You'll see identical racist incidents up and down the country every friday night (and every night inbetween) and no one reports on those.
How many times have Brighton fans abused people on trains and outside pubs some of them wearing club shirts:blush:
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Are you sure? It may not be in the national press but local papers report court cases of racial public disorder or racially motivated attacks. The courts of full of such cases week in and week out, depressingly.

Jan 30, 2008
And you only comment on racism when it suits, you certainly haven't commented on the incident I highlighted in my reply to you , an incident where people were threatened and actually attacked.
Yes but that was mainly black on white , there's a difference in these neck of the woods
regards
DR

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Are you sure? It may not be in the national press but local papers report court cases of racial public disorder or racially motivated attacks. The courts of full of such cases week in and week out, depressingly.

My point is that if this exact incident had happened on a train between Stoke and Derby on a thursday night by a group of people who were not attending a football match then it would not have made the national news multiple days in a row. The reason it has done is not because the incident is extraordinary (and let me be explicitly clear here that I am not saying that it is ok in any way or should not be taken seriously, simply that it is not deserving of the coverage it has received relative to other cases) but because the people committing it were football fans. I really am very bored of attitudes towards football fans from all angles, and this is just another manifestation of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here