Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlie Oatway, a little chat

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Works for ETP (Extra Time Project), part of the Russell Martin set up around Sussex
As an aside then, I can report that Russell Martin is about as popular and welcome as a turd in an air fryer at Southampton right now. I've had half an eye on the Saints forum lately, being as their utterly comical, INSISTANT attempts to play it out from the back is getting them dry-humped every week (if you can get the goal highlights from ANY Southampton game, you'll see what I mean).

I think perhaps Russ has seen a bit of BHA of late, and thought...."WE can do that"

They can't.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
A brief little chat in the Cricketers during my lunch "hour" today (WFH) when I clocked Charlie on his own. I asked if he was going to the game tomorrow, which he isn't, but said he will def be watching it. I'd completely forgotten that he'd been at AEK with Gus a few years back. He reckons that we will absolutely BATTER them tomorrow. He enjoyed his time there, but said their ultras are complete and utter mentalists, something to bear in mind for anyone travelling over there (if we didn't already know). Anyway, I didn't want the crowd the poor bloke being as he was engrossed with something on his phone, so I sloped back to my table with an Amstel and a grab-bag of Quavers.

Top bloke.
My takeaway from this is that he’s a rude prick who went on his phone whilst you were politely talking to him when he was on his own in a pub at lunch time. I did always think he was a bit of a dick though, and the hard man tag is cringeworthy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Iirc you don’t get six’s at the Green, you hit it out the ground it’s a dot ball unless I’m mistaken?
Charlie was very chatty when we meet him at The Grand that time. #RealMenDontEatQuavers

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
My takeaway from this is that he’s a rude prick who went on his phone whilst you were politely talking to him when he was on his own in a pub at lunch time. I did always think he was a bit of a dick though, and the hard man tag is cringeworthy.
Bit harsh.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In trying to work out the point at which Poyet stopped inviting Oatway to every managerial gig post-Albion, I discovered that he now employs his son, Diego, as an assistant manager (age 28). Did anyone know this?
No I didn't (and I can't believe he's now 28!). I'd like to know more about this, and is Charlie now back in the Albion's good books?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It didn't really play out like that. When I initially saw him he was looking at his phone, and I interrupted that to say hello. All the while we were talking he was not on his phone at all, and only went back to it once I'd bid him a cheers and wandered off.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
It didn't really play out like that. When I initially saw him he was looking at his phone, and I interrupted that to say hello. All the while we were talking he was not on his phone at all, and only went back to it once I'd bid him a cheers and wandered off.
Wandered, not minced as you are oft quoted as doing?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m sure you wouldn’t say any of this to him though ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here