Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlie Oatway, a little chat

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Well I have got the Pringles out now (Cheese and Onion if anybody is interested) whilst watching this thread go waaaaaaaaaay off topic. Which is Nice!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's a lot to unpack from this. First you choose quavers over red hot monster munch and then you take you own crisps into a pub and eat them there?
1. I had red hot Monster Munch just the other day. You can have too much of a good thing.

2. The crisps were taken home and devoured following a tuna and red onion sandwich on granary. I've never eaten imported crisps in the pub, I just happen to buy them at the same time as I buy my newspaper to read (in the pub). The unopened crisps are left quite brazenly in full view, and I have never once been challenged on this, nor do I expect to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to the Peterborough beer fest a few years back and couldn’t get off it to try others. Local you see.
Oakham own a lovely pub in Aston which I go to when I am in that area for a game. I highly recommend it. Last visit we took a load of Citra in a takeway thingy to a Balti house…happy days….until the game the next day.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
No I didn't (and I can't believe he's now 28!). I'd like to know more about this, and is Charlie now back in the Albion's good books?
I've always been very much out of the loop on this - why was Charlie blackballed? Shirley not just for being part of Gus' staff?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
It surprises me the Chaz would talk to anyone that eats quavers. If you had shared a pork scratching with him I feel he would have talked to you all night.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A brief little chat in the Cricketers during my lunch "hour" today (WFH) when I clocked Charlie on his own. I asked if he was going to the game tomorrow, which he isn't, but said he will def be watching it. I'd completely forgotten that he'd been at AEK with Gus a few years back. He reckons that we will absolutely BATTER them tomorrow. He enjoyed his time there, but said their ultras are complete and utter mentalists, something to bear in mind for anyone travelling over there (if we didn't already know). Anyway, I didn't want the crowd the poor bloke being as he was engrossed with something on his phone, so I sloped back to my table with an Amstel and a grab-bag of Quavers.

Top bloke.
This level of insight and expertise, perhaps explains why Charlie spends his lunchtimes in a pub in Southwick, rather than still coaching in top level football.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
1. I had red hot Monster Munch just the other day. You can have too much of a good thing.

2. The crisps were taken home and devoured following a tuna and red onion sandwich on granary. I've never eaten imported crisps in the pub, I just happen to buy them at the same time as I buy my newspaper to read (in the pub). The unopened crisps are left quite brazenly in full view, and I have never once been challenged on this, nor do I expect to be.
Another ricket. You can’t have a such a soft lunch without the crunch.
Crisps are supposed to be inter played with each mouthful of soft Tuna & granary, alternate the sarnie with the crisps OR the holy grail of opening the sarnie and layer the crisps on top of the Tuna so every bite has crunch. You can’t eat a sandwich FOLLOWED by a packet of crisps.
Sort your life out man.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another ricket. You can’t have a such a soft lunch without the crunch.
Crisps are supposed to be inter played with each mouthful of soft Tuna & granary, alternate the sarnie with the crisps OR the holy grail of opening the sarnie and layer the crisps on top of the Tuna so every bite has crunch. You can’t eat a sandwich FOLLOWED by a packet of crisps.
Sort your life out man.
I would rather eat my own shoes than eat my crisps DURING a sandwich.
Mixing red hot Monster Munch and/or Quavers with a tuna sandwich is LUNACY. I'm not six years old for christ sake.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
In trying to work out the point at which Poyet stopped inviting Oatway to every managerial gig post-Albion, I discovered that he now employs his son, Diego, as an assistant manager (age 28). Did anyone know this?
See he got sent of last night his son was next to him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here