Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlie Oatway, a little chat

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don't admit to your newspaper of choice, whatever you do. It's bad enough admitting to your savoury munchy snack.
There’s actually a thread there. Maybe newspaper/snacks/beer combos

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Frankly the grab-bag crisp choice in Southwick Sq is bewildering, so I HAVE to rotate the squad over the week.

Monster Munch (red hot)
Monster Munch (roast beef)
Quavers
McCoys (various)
Wotsits
Roysters
Spicy Nik-Naks
Squares (S&V or C&O)
Griddles
Walkers (various)

Thats just off the top of my head. Quavers are decently cheesy, and deserve their place.
I'm generally perming Flamin' Hot Monster Munch, Nice n Spicy NikNaks, and Roysters T Bone Steak from that. Decent.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Well I genuinely had no clue that Quavers were held in such utter CONTEMPT by NSC. I have been happily enjoying them for as long as I can remember, and will continue to do so. Once you hit your 50s, you tend to care less and less about what others think, which I find immensely liberating.

VIVA LA QUAVER
IMG_1649.jpeg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In fairness, I got them from the newsagents in the Square. It was that or the red hot Monster Munch.
Eating externally purchased food on the premises, living life on the edge!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
No crisps for me for almost 10 months now due to medical advise . Just a sniff of Walker's Cheese and Onion could be curtains :down:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Do they actually play cricket in Saafwick? they do have a vikllage green as l understand it. Maybe l should jump on a 46 and take a ride down there soon, and check it out.
Saw Jim Parks smashing it over the houses next to the Green - a few years back now though!!

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Frankly the grab-bag crisp choice in Southwick Sq is bewildering, so I HAVE to rotate the squad over the week.

Monster Munch (red hot)
Monster Munch (roast beef)
Quavers
McCoys (various)
Wotsits
Roysters
Spicy Nik-Naks
Squares (S&V or C&O)
Griddles
Walkers (various)

Thats just off the top of my head. Quavers are decently cheesy, and deserve their place.
Of all the shocking events happening at the moment, and the one the disturbs me most is selecting Quavers over Roysters? Now I'm not a heaten, and Quavers in the right situation are more than acceptable, but over Roysters? That's like choosing a Bourbon Biscuit over a Chocolate Hob-Nob, madness o_O

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Iirc you don’t get six’s at the Green, you hit it out the ground it’s a dot ball unless I’m mistaken?
Sorry, no idea - probably different rules in the 60's
All I know is I remember hearing greenhouses breaking in back gardens

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of all the shocking events happening at the moment, and the one the disturbs me most is selecting Quavers over Roysters? Now I'm not a heaten, and Quavers in the right situation are more than acceptable, but over Roysters? That's like choosing a Bourbon Biscuit over a Chocolate Hob-Nob, madness o_O
But would you have Roysters EVERY day ? Familiarity breeds contempt. You need to play the field.

I admit it, I'm basically a crisps SLUT.

Jul 7, 2003
I had my last pint in there as a free man.
It was 26 years later before I experienced it again.
So you got married in Southwick then? Congratulations on the divorce.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
In trying to work out the point at which Poyet stopped inviting Oatway to every managerial gig post-Albion, I discovered that he now employs his son, Diego, as an assistant manager (age 28). Did anyone know this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here