Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlie Oatway, a little chat

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A brief little chat in the Cricketers during my lunch "hour" today (WFH) when I clocked Charlie on his own. I asked if he was going to the game tomorrow, which he isn't, but said he will def be watching it. I'd completely forgotten that he'd been at AEK with Gus a few years back. He reckons that we will absolutely BATTER them tomorrow. He enjoyed his time there, but said their ultras are complete and utter mentalists, something to bear in mind for anyone travelling over there (if we didn't already know). Anyway, I didn't want the crowd the poor bloke being as he was engrossed with something on his phone, so I sloped back to my table with an Amstel and a grab-bag of Quavers.

Top bloke.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A brief little chat in the Cricketers during my lunch "hour" today (WFH) when I clocked Charlie on his own. I asked if he was going to the game tomorrow, which he isn't, but said he will def be watching it. I'd completely forgotten that he'd been at AEK with Gus a few years back. He reckons that we will absolutely BATTER them tomorrow. He enjoyed his time there, but said their ultras are complete and utter mentalists, something to bear in mind for anyone travelling over there (if we didn't already know). Anyway, I didn't want the crowd the poor bloke being as he was engrossed with something on his phone, so I sloped back to my table with an Amstel and a grab-bag of Quavers.

Top bloke.
Feckin Quavers, how old are you ? Bloody heathen.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Top bloke.
Amstel is a popular beer in Greece, they have their own brewing plant there, maybe you should have substituted the Quavers for a a little taramosalata.

Though l doubt very much that is readily available in the Cricketers.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Top bloke.
Which 'Cricketers'?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What pub sells Quavers ffs ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do they actually play cricket in Saafwick? they do have a vikllage green as l understand it. Maybe l should jump on a 46 and take a ride down there soon, and check it out.
They do indeed. I've sat outside on many a lazy Sunday afternoon half-watching some middle-aged tugboats slapping it around a bit whilst I peruse the sports pullout. One of my favourite pastimes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They do indeed. I've sat outside on many a lazy Sunday afternoon half-watching some middle-aged tugboats slapping it around a bit whilst I peruse the sports pullout. One of my favourite pastimes.
Maybe l'll occupy the deckchair next to you for a snooze one sunny summer afternoon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think he clocked my crisp choice, but Quavers / Monster Munch grab bag a poor call ?? Give your head a wobble.
You misunderstand. Not the choice to HAVE your grab bag. Your SHOCKING choice, given the two available options.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here