Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Hebdo - merged

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Call me an old Hippie if you like but I long for a world where mankind lives together in peace and harmony taking in to account the feelings of each other, helping each other, working to eradicate hunger, disease, poverty and religious hatred.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A mass march is being planned to take place from the Place de la Republique this evening.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I've always found it odd that 'moderate' Muslims will happily march for Palestine, yet won't take to the streets to protest against these acts committed in the name of their 'peaceful' religion.

Take a look on Twitter, Muslims are condemning the attack, the same happened after last months Sydney siege.

If anything, its a shame Muslims have to come out every time there is an incident and distance themselves from it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Call me an old Hippie if you like but Ilong for a world where mankind lives together in peace and harmony taking in to account the feelings of each other, helping each other, working to eradicate hunger, disease, poverty and religious hatred.

This has never happened and will never happen. Mankind is a savage beast, by far the most destructive and self sabotaging of any species put on this planet. It is a guarantee this savagery will seem Mankind eradicating itself, not if but when

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No they don't but neither does conveniently overlooking the fact that most ancient religious texts are remarkably similar.

Funny that eh, I think they copied each other in R.E homework....

Jesus is alleged to have gone to Egypt and taken all his ideas from their beliefs, it is all the same keep you in check follow the golden rules, some of which are good moral guide lines, some of which are just plain stupid and horrible written in times and conditions that are not relevant now.

D

Deleted member 22389

I never said there wasn't a problem with fundamentalists/ extremists. All I said was that some times people are quick to condemn the religion instead of the individuals. These topics often turn into a binfest about Islam as a whole instead of those directly responsible.

I know we shouldn't blame a whole religion, but you have to ask yourself the questions about the growing influence of Islam in this country and in the EU and and where we are heading.
Why in this country where we about to include guidlines on how to compile sharia compliant wills in to our own British laws, when the same law is used to physically punish women unfairly in other countries, It's not how we work in this country and we never will, thankfully, and thankfully on this issue the idea was abandoned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...ines-abandoned-as-Law-Society-apologises.html

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I've always found it odd that 'moderate' Muslims will happily march for Palestine, yet won't take to the streets to protest against these acts committed in the name of their 'peaceful' religion.

you can't judge someone's opposition to an event based on whether they March or protest. I don't condemn Christians for not marching every time a Christian man goes into a school and kills children in America or when a working class family don't protest when more funding for institutions put in place to help those most in need get cut. Believe it or not you can condemn something without having to make a public spectacle. How many of us were against the war in Iraq but how many protested bavk in 2003?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One can hope it is a march in solidarity for free-speech and not an anti-Islam rally with violence and an agenda.

It is a march for democracy , free speech and the French Republic.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
One can hope it is a march in solidarity for free-speech and not an anti-Islam rally with violence and an agenda.

This could be on the agenda also for the terrorist's, who may now galvanize their support in the Paris suburbs and encourage the disenfranchised youth to counter march on the premise "look at the hatred against us and Islam"

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Of course they can. Including 99% of the Muslim world.

Oh do **** off , these terrorists cannot operate without the support,albeit tacit,of the communities they reside in, you only have to look at the (independent) surveys on sharia law , support for extremism to know your 99% figure is bollocks, or any of the hidden camera exposes on radical preaching in mosques, I expect shed loads of Neville chamberlainesque type statements from you and your ilk in the coming days, you won't be able to hear a politician say Muslim without the preface of 'hard working' ' law abiding' blah blah ****ing blah.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
you can't judge someone's opposition to an event based on whether they March or protest. I don't condemn Christians for not marching every time a Christian man goes into a school and kills children in America or when a working class family don't protest when more funding for institutions put in place to help those most in need get cut. Believe it or not you can condemn something without having to make a public spectacle. How many of us were against the war in Iraq but how many protested bavk in 2003?

"Hundreds of thousands of people have taken to the streets of London to voice their opposition to military action against Iraq.

"Police said it was the UK's biggest ever demonstration with at least 750,000 taking part, although organisers put the figure closer to two million."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2765041.stm

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
A few tweets isn't exactly a show of mass condemnation is it..

So you want EVERY muslim to come out and condemn it ? Why should they have to publicly do that ? Just because there isnt a mass condemnation then it doesnt mean they ll support it and if you believe they do therefore support the actions of 2 clearly crazed and brainwashed terrorists then you clearly are an idiot (when I say you, I dont mean you but people who think like that - unless you do of course).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This could be on the agenda also for the terrorist's, who may now galvanize their support in the Paris suburbs and encourage the disenfranchised youth to counter march on the premise "look at the hatred against us and Islam"

Which is the issue and probably also what extremists want, unfortunately idiots will give them what they want/

It is a march for democracy , free speech and the French Republic.

Hopefully therefore it isnt hijacked by people with an agenda.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I've read Charlie Hebdo many times. It is a no holds barred left wing political satire magazine - in some ways a paper version of me. It's just been murderously attacked by Islamist fascists who object to their religion being satirised. It seems we are all targets now. SOLIDARITY WITH CHARLIE HEBDO!
boring as Fvck then ?.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
:
Call me an old Hippie if you like but I long for a world where mankind lives together in peace and harmony taking in to account the feelings of each other, helping each other, working to eradicate hunger, disease, poverty and religious hatred.

:safeway:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Which is the issue and probably also what extremists want, unfortunately idiots will give them what they want/ Hopefully therefore it isnt hijacked by people with an agenda.

Those idiots you speak of are they people marching on raw emotion, people who care about their Country/City that we do not know exactly whats going on remember they have had a few isolated gun men incidents in France lately. If someone on the march shouts down with Islam do they deserve to die ? To say your worried does not make you an idiot, and if you think it does I am sorry because your basically saying your opinion is more important than anyone else's and that is simply not true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here