Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Hebdo - merged

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I assume Bozza didn't want anyone on here being shot!

I had a pop up window from AVG earlier whilst on NSC to tell me it had foiled a false web browser update exploit but assumed it was random.

Dec 29, 2011
The image is still up. Perhaps they've disabled hotlinking or something. It must be getting a lot of traffic at the moment and maybe their website can't handle it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Indeed.. looks like AVAST blocking images after it flagged one in an ad on NSC as malicious. Thanks.

Is it that pesky malware we had last year from the ads that appear at the top of the screen ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What a sad, sad world we live in, I fear for my daughter and children in this world right now the future does look pretty grim indeed.

Well yes, and no. There have been more lives lost in bigger wars all over the world in the past, but I agree, that there do seem to be more targeted, racially-motivated attacks going on. Or maybe with social – and standard – media, we hear about them sooner and in more detail...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why have two seemingly unrelated threads been merged? One dealing with the tragic shooting in Paris and one on some malware.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Scum of the earth.

Thoughts going out to the families and friends affeced by this tragedy.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
I've read Charlie Hebdo many times. It is a no holds barred left wing political satire magazine - in some ways a paper version of me. It's just been murderously attacked by Islamist fascists who object to their religion being satirised. It seems we are all targets now. SOLIDARITY WITH CHARLIE HEBDO!

Absolutely. Solidarity.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's so sad that an element shames an entire religion by murdering people because they poked fun at the leader, so so sad.

If you've seen the video of the assassination of the police officer during the event, you'll see them for the b*stards they are.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Why on earth was this cartoon published in the first place? It was asking for trouble. That said, what has happened is appalling. we live n troubled times.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's so sad that an element shames an entire religion by murdering people because they poked fun at the leader, so so sad.

If you've seen the video of the assassination of the police officer during the event, you'll see them for the b*stards they are.

Why would you watch that?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Gunmen still at large apparently.
Worrying when the BBC says this...

The gunmen were armed with Kalashnikovs and a rocket-launcher, AFP reports.

It's odd that the gunmen were masked, these type of terrorists like to out in a blaze if glory and as such are only to pleased to be identifiable. However, it may mean the gunmen are not necessarily Muslims. Could they be far right sympathisers who would hate the magazine as much as Muslims ? Or, more likely, they have unfinished business in Paris elsewhere and can't afford to be recognised yet.

Just about as appalling as it gets. The attack on the twin towers killed 3,000 but then costs the lives of about a million muslims because of the reprisal attacks by the west in the Middle East. This outrage has killed 12 people so far but I fear the revenge attacks in France and elsewhere will take many more lives than that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why on earth was this cartoon published in the first place? It was asking for trouble. That said, what has happened is appalling. we live n troubled times.

It is called freedom of expression. Do you want to live in a world with even more censorship than there already is ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's odd that the gunmen were masked, these type of terrorists like hi out in a blaze if glory and as such are only to pleased to be identifiable. However, it may mean the gunmen are not necessarily Muslims. Could they be far right sympathisers who would hate the magazine as much as Muslims ? Or, more likely, they have unfinished business in Paris elsewhere and can't afford to be recognised yet.

They shouted 'Allahu Akhbar' and 'we have avenged the prophet' whilst carrying out the shooting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here