Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Hebdo - merged

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Cherif Kouachi, one of the two Charlie Hebdo gunmen, claimed Wednesday's attack was funded by al-Qaeda of Yemen, reported Reuters. Kouachi and his older brother killed 12 people in the Paris office of Charlie Hebdo, a French satirical magazine.

Three days after the attack, French security forces surrounded and killed the brothers who were holding a hostage at a printing works northeast of Paris. Prior to his death, Kouachi told BFM-TV he received funding from Anwar al Awlaki, a well known al-Qaeda international recruiter and preacher who was killed in a 2011 drone strike.

"I was sent, me, Cherif Kouachi, by Al Qaeda of Yemen. I went over there and it was Anwar al-Awlaki who financed me," he said by telephone.

Said Kouachi, the other attacker, allegedly met with al-Awlaki in Yemen as well, according to a Yemen security official.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Congrats to French Police if News correct...No hostages killed in conclusion of Supermarket terror(four killed earlier by gunman) but terrorist Killed and the Brothers who killed 12 at Charlie Hebdo Killed with no more loss of life. So ten journalists,three Police,Four hostages and three Terrorists Killed.
Absolutely Awfull but I do feel police did well...could have been a lot worse..

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
Seems he was waiting at the door as they open the shutter,seems the officer with the pistol shot many times and all the way to the ground,I expect him waiting at the door let the hostages hide in the back of the shop

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Congrats to French Police if News correct...No hostages killed in conclusion of Supermarket terror(four killed earlier by gunman) but terrorist Killed and the Brothers who killed 12 at Charlie Hebdo Killed with no more loss of life. So ten journalists,three Police,Four hostages and three Terrorists Killed.
Absolutely Awfull but I do feel police did well...could have been a lot worse..

We would have invited the terrorists to Afternoon Tea At The Ritz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here