Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Hebdo - merged

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
Newspapers around the civilised world should print the cartoon on their front page tomorrow.

100% this..show this filth we have had enougth

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Qur'an (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Qur'an (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

So we're quoting scripture. Remind me of some of the wonderful thing the Bible says again?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
In an ideal world things like this could be published BUT this is not an ideal world. Try standing in the middle of the Kop end and poke fun at what happened at Hillsborough and see what happens to you. Please don't get the impression that I support those who carried out this awful crime as I certainly don't but as i said before, it was asking for trouble. Poke a finger into a hornet's nest and you are going to get stung.

If we are all cowered into not publishing or saying what we like/think within the legal parametres that govern freedom of expression then the people who've carried out this attack have won and that is completely unacceptable. It goes against everything that we stand for.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
As is implying that the actions of the few reflect the many. For instance, no one believes the Westbrough Baptist Church or the KKK represent Christianity so why on Earth do we think lunatics like this represent Islam?

You're naive in the extreme if you cannot bring yourself to utter the words that we actually have a disproportionate problem with Islam fundamentalists and some sections of our own Muslim communities, irrespective of any contributing factors, valid or otherwise.

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
Here is exactly what will happen next: A vigil will take place with some pretty candles. The government will then tell us all what a tragedy it is and that we are all uniting in our thoughts and sympathy with the families. In the meantime, government officials will make a point that this is is not TRUE Islam and that most Muslims are good people. We must all unite in multiculturalism. After a few weeks it's all forgotten about and back to business as usual. I'm afraid it's time for Governments to realize that these so called fanatics are spoiling it for ALL Muslims and in the long run it is now best to clamp down on Islam and its backward and sick ideology.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There will come a tipping point across Europe and I feel it is soon why there will be a backlash of terrifying magnitude against these scum. Germany is getting very restless, this will tip France into a tailspin and the UK is also close to the brink. It will not take many more acts now for this to happen. The problem is these Jihadists want exactly that " a holy war " on European soil. They will stop at nothing and death does not worry them, they embrace it. The real issue is many innocent people on all sides will suffer the consequences. It is a very depressing World and I would not want to be bringing a new born into it as I fear this is just the beginning

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Qur'an (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Qur'an (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Well if ever anything was written to keep people in check, well there you have it.

Don't question me I am God, do people not see this is just plain scaremongering written century's ago by a warlord to keep the peasant people from questioning and thinking for themselves.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You're naive in the extreme if you cannot bring yourself to utter the words that we actually have a disproportionate problem with Islam fundamentalists and some sections of our own Muslim communities, irrespective of any contributing factors, valid or otherwise.

I never said there wasn't a problem with fundamentalists/ extremists. All I said was that some times people are quick to condemn the religion instead of the individuals. These topics often turn into a binfest about Islam as a whole instead of those directly responsible.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
If we are all cowered into not publishing or saying what we like/think within the legal parametres that govern freedom of expression then the people who've carried out this attack have won and that is completely unacceptable. It goes against everything that we stand for.

Ah, freedom of expression. Should one be permitted to stand and the center circle at the Amex and scream out their hatred of Blacks, Gays, Lesbians, Jews and the mentally ill? They would be exercising their right of "freedom of expression"

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Here is exactly what will happen next: A vigil will take place with some pretty candles. The government will then tell us all what a tragedy it is and that we are all uniting in our thoughts and sympathy with the families. In the meantime, government officials will make a point that this is is not TRUE Islam and that most Muslims are good people. We must all unite in multiculturalism. After a few weeks it's all forgotten about and back to business as usual. I'm afraid it's time for Governments to realize that these so called fanatics are spoiling it for ALL Muslims and in the long run it is now best to clamp down on Islam and its backward and sick ideology.

You don't think that for Governments to "clamp down on Islam" would itself "spoil it for ALL Muslims"?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All the while that Isis and Al-Qaida exist and have a power base these incidents will not only continue to occur but will increase in frequency. The West, regrettably, has no moral authority because of centuries of Christian religious oppression and recent meddling in Middle Eastern affairs.

All we can do is engage in intense and patient diplomacy with the Arab world and assist them to get their own house in order, albeit from the sidelines.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I never said there wasn't a problem with fundamentalists/ extremists. All I said was that some times people are quick to condemn the religion instead of the individuals. These topics often turn into a binfest about Islam as a whole instead of those directly responsible.

I've always found it odd that 'moderate' Muslims will happily march for Palestine, yet won't take to the streets to protest against these acts committed in the name of their 'peaceful' religion.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Ah, freedom of expression. Should one be permitted to stand and the center circle at the Amex and scream out their hatred of Blacks, Gays, Lesbians, Jews and the mentally ill? They would be exercising their right of "freedom of expression"

Of course not, there is rightly legislation against that sort of thing. You obviously didn't read what I said so I'll say it again: " within the legal parametres that govern freedom of speech".

It's bitterly ironic on a day like this but it was the French philosopher, Voltaire, who put it best:

" I do not agree with what you have to say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

That's the point.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The problem is these Jihadists want exactly that " a holy war " on European soil. They will stop at nothing and death does not worry them, they embrace it.

I think Europeans also have a history of embracing death, and as you say unrest is spreading throughout Europe and Scandinavia which is normally very liberal. Don't be fooled into thinking they are the only ones prepared to die in a holy war.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Europeans also have a history of embracing death, and as you say unrest is spreading throughout Europe and Scandinavia which is normally very liberal. Don't be fooled into thinking they are the only ones prepared to die in a holy war.

I don't. I think the stand off is not far away now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here