Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon DIVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Impressive by D'Urso to spot that, that must be why he's been at the top level for so long.

and we are going to get our cards marked by refs now - first Buckley dived against Gills, then CMS at Cardiff is no way as clearcut on replay as it seemed at the time, and now a very professional dive by Calde.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Personally, I think anyone booked for diving should get an automatic 1 match ban. Really annoys me, he has a simple chance to score a goal but goes flying over an expected touch. Not good enough, it is cheating pure and simple. Disappointed in Calderon and the general footballing population. It is too common.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Personally, I think anyone booked for diving should get an automatic 1 match ban. Really annoys me, he has a simple chance to score a goal but goes flying over an expected touch. Not good enough, it is cheating pure and simple. Disappointed in Calderon and the general footballing population. It is too common.

Oh for the love of god he didn't f***ing dive!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Stop looking at NSC on your phone and watch the youtube video. HE DIDN'T DIVE.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I was ther in row A , seat 300, north stand, it was a stonewall penalty - how referreees like Andy F'ing Durso still make aliving makes me wonder. If I made a mistake at work like that I'd be sacked, or at least be given a no 1 warning.
I think he should be beyond that years ago.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Errrr guys... How can any of you say that is a dive??? Watch very carefully and you will see at about 0.32 Calderon's right boot is clipped by the left foot, underneath the right leg, of the goalkeeper. Absolutely stone wall penalty as I saw from the West Upper.

THIS WITH BELLS ON!!!!!!!!

HE DID NOT DIVE!!!!!! I had the privilege to watch it many times from many angles immediately after the game and I will go to my grave saying that there was no dive and Caldo was caught by the keeper. Durso is consistent.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
BBC commentator on BBC highlights also convinced that there was definite contact - NO DIVE.

Got to trust the beeb.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
BBC commentator on BBC highlights also convinced that there was definite contact - NO DIVE.

Got to trust the beeb.

You can still dive even if there is contact.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've seen the video, it was a dive and it is sad. I have no patience for it, from our players or any others. We won the game because we were the better team, and not because we dived to win a penalty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove

Bloody foreigners

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We do have a tendency to go down easily (ignoring whether this one is or not - cant view YouTube on my phone). I would suggest we get used to not getting questionable penalties due to our reputation. The diving culture is the only thing I dislike about the club at the moment but I'm pretty sure it's here to stay unfortunately.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Surely the 'archers bow' is something that you would do whether you were diving oryou were genuinely fouled because you would want the ref to know about it in any case.

But artificially adding something extra to a natural fall is what is likely to make a ref think the attacker is trying to con him.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's not completely conclusive, but the final replay seems to show that he IS clipped by the keeper's foot.

The other thing that makes me think it was a foul was the keeper's reaction. If it was a dive he'd be going mental at D'Urso - as it is he seems to be pleading with him not to send him off! And then looks surprised when Claderon is booked (before the obligatory applauding of the decision).

Penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here