Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon DIVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
I thought it was a clear pen, but seeing the replay posted above, I would agree that Calderon dove. Oh well. At least Gus didn't get himself sent off again. That should have tipped us all off.

I'd have thought that, having gone round the keeper, it's pretty unlikely he dived. Probably just slipped. Refs seen to assume it either has to be a penalty or cheating, rather than someone falling over.

Haven't seen it again yet though.

If you watch the youtube vid posted by BoF above you can see it.

He made it look a bit too dramatic

Exactly this. I don't buy the 'he slipped' excuse as in the slo-mo replay it looks very much as if he drags his left foot in the hope of finding some contact.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think he must of tripped, because although I was up the other end of the stadium, it looked a stone waller to me. Because I thought to myself, why dive when he had the chance to shoot? So now after watching the replay, I'd say he tripped. No penalty, but no yellow card either.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
even from WSU it was a clear dive

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think he must of tripped, because although I was up the other end of the stadium, it looked a stone waller to me. Because I thought to myself, why dive when he had the chance to shoot? So now after watching the replay, I'd say he tripped. No penalty, but no yellow card either.

How can you ever come to the conclusion? He didn't slip. He dived.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It look a definate penalty to me, until now but, there again I was celebrating CMS's first "goal" until I realised they were still playing :lolol: as were a lot of fans in N1A

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
i was convinced it was pen from WSU.

but, the good news is that we now can't be accused of winning the game through anything other than sheer skill and flair

feel very proud today

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Attachments

• SUNGLASSES.jpg
    SUNGLASSES.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 284

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The question is, why did he dive ? I`d much rather he had stayed on his feet and tried to score rather than cheat.

haardman

Jul 29, 2005
I was in the family stand and there definitely looked like contact. I certainly don't think that angle on the uploaded video is conclusive. Unless you can see clear air between keeper and Calderon, I don't think you can be sure. To my mind there is a slight change in direction of Calderon's left foot as the keeper extends his right foot at 0:31. In slow motion it looks like a dive, but at full pace I reckon that's enough to put you off balance. It's a goal if he stays on his feet, so don't see why he'd dive.

Thought D'Urso had a shocker all night and the assistants really didn't help, so happy that we won it with a goal from open play in the end.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Seen it at match - seen it on here - don't care if Calde did dive = PENALTY !!!! :albion2:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The question is, why did he dive ? I`d much rather he had stayed on his feet and tried to score rather than cheat.

Deffo this...I'm disappointed in Calde for that TBH! No need to go over so easily when a scoring opportunity was there for the taking! unless of course he did genuinely did slip???

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Unfortunately he did dive, and despite him being our player, and a popular one at that, I can't convince myself he tripped or slipped. he knocked it past the keeper and threw himself to the ground.

It's rife, everyone does it, even our players, we have to admit it!

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008

Exactly.
I was convinced it was a pen last night. All the people around me were saying why would he dive he was round the keeper and could have put it in, so it must have been a foul.

But then you look at the replay and realise D'Urso got it right.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

i thought he was booked for it

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Seen it at match - seen it on here - don't care if Calde did dive = PENALTY !!!! :albion2:

only prob there is yhjat it requires there to CONTACT. and there clearly wasn't any

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
funny isn't it ... how we're more than happy to yell abuse at officials (mea culpa as well) when, let's face it, they are far better qualified to tell a dive from a trip and generally get most decisions right. Funny old world - thank heavens there are enough people who don't mind taking massive abuse week-in, week-out, or we wouldn't have a game to watch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here