Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon DIVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
He caught his leg when tried to go past him, why would he dive when he could have just had a tap in, the point of getting a penalty is to score a goal, so if he dived best get is a penalty and that could be missed but if he stayed on his feet Calderon had a easy tap in, so no way did he dive as was no point to do.
More downfalls than gains and that replay showed on skysports proves was a penalty and all other places i read reports said was definate penalty

Last edited:

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Must admit at the time I thought it was a penalty but after seeing the replays if certainly wasn't, so the ref did get one decision right then.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He caught his leg when tried to go past him, why would he dive when he could have just had a tap in, the point of getting a penalty is to score a goal, so if he dived best get is a penalty and that could be missed but if he stayed on his feet Calderon had a easy tap in, so no way did he dive as was no point to do.
More downfalls than gains and that replay showed on skysports proves was a penalty and all other places i read reports said was definate penalty

Getting tired after the run, and he still had two defenders in close range to beat (plus a third closing in), while he was running across the goal instead of toward it (having touched it a bit too hard as he went to round the keeper and being in danger of losing it to the defender).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Of course it was a dive. I was in the West Stand Upper, at the other end, and I was fairly sure it was a complete dive straight away. I still booed Andy D'Urso, that prick should know what we think about him (remember Hull away in 1997 or 1998?....). But it was blatant cheating by Calderon and I've no time or patience for that. No need for it, we were bossing the game and the goal was going to come, eventually. No need to give the opposition a reason to take away from our performance, had we got a penalty and scored it, that would have been what we're talking now and that's not right. Games shouldn't be settled by cheating, whether you win or lose.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Wasnt a tap in i think two defenders infront of the ball and he had knocked it a bit far - clear dive me thinks... Agreed at full speed seemed a nailed on pen. Not sure how you think it was a pen as the replay from behind shows no contact at all IMO...

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The thing about diving is that players get their card marked by refs so are bound to have a decision go against them when they have actually been caught. Boy who cried wolf type thing. Far better to gain a reputation for trying ever so hard to stay on your feet as you are obviously far more likely to get the decision when you do hit the deck.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
funny isn't it ... how we're more than happy to yell abuse at officials (mea culpa as well) when, let's face it, they are far better qualified to tell a dive from a trip and generally get most decisions right. Funny old world - thank heavens there are enough people who don't mind taking massive abuse week-in, week-out, or we wouldn't have a game to watch....

I would normally totally agree with that...but this is D'urso we're talking about and whenever I see that guy try to 'referee' a game I lose all my usual fair-mindedness!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
But it was blatant cheating by Calderon and I've no time or patience for that. No need for it, we were bossing the game and the goal was going to come, eventually. No need to give the opposition a reason to take away from our performance, had we got a penalty and scored it, that would have been what we're talking now and that's not right. Games shouldn't be settled by cheating, whether you win or lose.

I agree. Unfortunately we're a bit more prone diving and going down easily in recent times. Hope it doesn't continue because it really bugs me.

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
I actually think it looks a penalty on the replays.

There isn't contact but only because Calderon hurdles the leg which swings inbetween him and the ball, makes it a foul in my book, if he hadn't had to leap out of the way he would have been chopped.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Calde - diving ? Its whats expected of Championship and Premier players :thumbsup:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
When the keeper comes out at you like that you expect contact, you make sure u touch the ball away from him, then u prepare to get crunched. Going down under those circumstances is pretty automatic. Calde was very unlucky I think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Still looks like a pen to me, Calderon's leg looked to be clipped by the keeper's knee. He'd done the hard bit, he'd practically rounded the keeper, and his next touch would have been to prod it into an empty net. Why would he dive at that point?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Part of me feels it was falling on his left foot and didn't feel too confident - so possibly dived. The replay would indicate that there wasn't much (if any) contact.

However, he's through on goal, having to hurdle the keeper, who might have touched him............

Definite pen......

Glad I booed!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He just did what many other pro's do these days and left a trailing leg in to get the contact. It wasn't a pen but so many of those decisions go either way, Owen was a master of leaving a leg in. Never remember him getting booked though.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
That one slow-mo replay from the east stand last night showed it perfectly. There was no contact whatsoever. He dived.

In full speed from most of the ground it looked a cast iron pen. But although Durso is a massive wally, he got that one absolutely spot on.

Definite dive, no pen. Look at Seagulls World for proof.Also Sissylong or whatever his name is should have got a straight red in the last minute for a bad over the top tackle.

TNBA
TTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here