Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
£100m? 3 x what we got for Ali Mac??

Keep and let Chelsea and their entitled fans sweat

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does anyone else ever have to have a quick reality check about the sums of money involved?

Even if he goes nowhere in the next month and a bit, Brighton and Hove Albion have rejected SEVENTY MILLION pounds for a player. Seventy facking million pounds! Rejected by Brighton. Astonishing.
£80m plus add-ons rejected ‘instantly’ according to latest reports

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's a tricky one. He's our best midfielder so we should keep him. But equally, is the drop to Gilmour / Alzate / Ayari really worth £100m? And by keeping him, we reduce their opportunities and their potential to be the next £100m star.

I voted the money. But I'll be very happy if he stays.
Yes.

Gilmour is looking good but Alzate/Ayari are nowhere near ready to replace the role Moises plays IMO, Gilmour is more of a creative flair midfielder, caicedo makes the whole style of play tick over with his ability to take the ball in close areas and use his strength.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What feels for certain now is that we've sat down with Moises and his reps- maybe when they signed the contract, maybe in the US- and made our stance very clear. If we are being this firm with Chelsea I think it can only mean that Moises is (reasonably) happy to stay if our terms aren't matched. So it has to be another season. One more season, given how high profile he is, and I truly believe every major club will be in in for him.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm the same. I would take a chance on his value next year. if it drops slightly that's a chance we take
But his contribution has a value , last season it was possibly the difference between getting to Europe or not and our highest position so that was worth £20-30 million? Possibly same this year so even if he is only worth £80m when sold we haven't lost anything....well that's my opinion...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But his contribution has a value , last season it was possibly the difference between getting to Europe or not and our highest position so that was worth £20-30 million? Possibly same this year so even if he is only worth £80m when sold we haven't lost anything....well that's my opinion...
was the point I was making, clearly not very well

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
🛎️🔚 in making 💩 🆙 shocker :laugh: :wanker:

Bless
1690496154580.png

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
was the point I was making, clearly not very well
I guess my response was based on your word slightly....it could drop quite a bit and we will have done well. It was a bit like in season 1 of the PL people were taking of value of Dunk if sold around £30m but his value to (basically keeping us in PL )was a lot more than that. People seem to be focused on transfer fee values rather than the value of the contribution by staying...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I guess my response was based on your word slightly....it could drop quite a bit and we will have done well. It was a bit like in season 1 of the PL people were taking of value of Dunk if sold around £30m but his value to (basically keeping us in PL )was a lot more than that. People seem to be focused on transfer fee values rather than the value of the contribution by staying...
precisely. some were willing to snap Fulham's hands off for 5m at one point. what he's gained for the club since dwarfs that many times over.
Moises value to us right now is what others don't seem to grasp.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
TB was willing to keep Dale Stevens in summer 2016 even though he had only a year left on his contract and could have walked at the end of the 2016-17 season. He wagered (gambled?) that Stevens would help win us promotion and that that outweighed mere monetary considerations. It's not just about the cash for our owner, thankfully.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hope everyone is having a good summer - the transfer window is looking quite comfortable so far 🙂

Re Moises - Firstly, I would say slightly tongue in cheek, why would any young PL player from a top 6 team want to go to down to Chelsea - it’s a toxic environment (and will be until they offload some of their overly bloated squad and their owner stops micromanaging the Club into chaos).

That said, It’s not all about the money though is it? It is also about the fact we have Europa, PL and all the domestic cups facing us this season that RDZ clearly wants to be fully and equally committed to (and we can assume as does Tony) and we are going to need our existing key heavy hitters for that - RDZ has said in several recent pressers that if we sold Moises, we would have to replace him with someone of the same calibre (ie not having the potential to replace him eventually but who can fill his boots now) and there is no one currently in the squad who can do that imo.

We have a much deeper squad now than this time last season but it’s looking slightly bloated in the midfield with players who are either getting on the mature side or are too young to have reached their potential to find an immediate replacement for a player like Moises among them. A like for like replacement for will cost us £££ms - I do think, having lost Mackie, an extra £20m here or there on top of Chelsea’s existing offer will not make a big difference if the Club envisage Moises as being a crucial part of our midfield campaign this season. He still has another 4 years on his contract (I think, doesn’t he? - signed new contract in March until 2027) so he doesn’t need to go anywhere yet.

If Moises does go this window, it wont be because the offers coming in are too good to turn down, as said above another £20m on top of what the club has turned down already won’t make a difference imo not as much as it needs to if we were to loose Moises - If Moises goes this window, I believe it will be because our scouting team already have a midfield replacement in mind that is of the same calibre (and whom by now have already approached and are in quiet conversations with) or can see a quality in our current crop of midfielders that will allow us to absorb the loss without pain. I suspect it would the former.

If it were up to me - Absolutely don’t sell this season - ( not ever to Chelsea and certainly not for any realistic transfer fee to anyone) unless we have an immediate replacement of equal or better calibre (which will leave us change in the bank)
The sort of bland assumption that there are loads of players out there better than Caicedo that we can go out and replace him with is rather touching, really.....

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I would punch Jacobs. A sense of disbelief when we've only said this summer he is only available for 100 million. Okay Jacobs why don't you make up the 20 f***ing million quid they are short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here