Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Caicedo going on loan?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Lack of duty of care?! That is a pretty wild accusation to make of the club of with absolutely no substance behind it at all!

Knowing how well we work with young players, I don't for one second think that is the case. This will be a well thought out move as all our loans are.

Seriously, some on this board have really lost the plot in the last 24 hours.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Lack of duty of care?! That is a pretty wild accusation to make of the club of with absolutely no substance behind it at all!

Knowing how well we work with young players, I don't for one second think that is the case. This will be a well thought out move as all our loans are.

I know. That's at least 2 posters who have written that nonsense based (presumably) on absolutely no inside knowledge whatsover. Barking mad.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Bringing in a 19 year old to a new country where he knows very little of the language. He's encouraged to learn the language, understandably. it seems a strange move to then send him abroad where the first language isn't English. Yes, he's an adult in that he's over 18, but he has no family network in this country, or in Belgium unless I'm told otherwise. It's announced at 23.00 on deadline day suggesting this was a last minute deal. It doesn't have the same feel to it as the other loan deals based in the Uk. Eg Stoke. Sending Sima there when we can ask Ostigard to look after him and make him feel welcome. Blackburn where we'll have Khadra and Van Hecke.
Caicedo is a full international and to me I'm puzzled why a UK championship club wouldn't be a better move where we can keep a close eye on him, he can develop his English language skills, and get used to the physicality of the English game.
Let's just say that David Weir is going to have a busy time next season keeping tabs on all these loan players.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I know. That's at least 2 posters who have written that nonsense based (presumably) on absolutely no inside knowledge whatsover. Barking mad.

I dont think its wild accusations at all in fairness to the posters who suggested it. The club obviously know what route they want to send a young player from the other side of the world who at the time had clips of videos leaving his family at a young age to a country the other side of the world. We probably all agree whilst in the hands of the club he will be well looked after, monitored, almost pampered in some eyes and then he is loaned out (to all respect to the club he is going to), a club maybe not as compliant to the needs of a young player signed from far away. The ' duty of care' has in some respect been handed over to the club he now will be playing for. Due diligence has probably been followed but the club cannot surely handle the duty of care as well as if he was at the club......or even the same country.
I for one do not doubt the club know what they are doing but outsiders looking in and that will include perspective transfer prospects (or their agents) may well look at this situation as the club want rid or do not rate him. We of course will look at the situation and imagine it will toughen him up and give him first team experience. Only time will tell.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I dont think its wild accusations at all in fairness to the posters who suggested it. The club obviously know what route they want to send a young player from the other side of the world who at the time had clips of videos leaving his family at a young age to a country the other side of the world. We probably all agree whilst in the hands of the club he will be well looked after, monitored, almost pampered in some eyes and then he is loaned out (to all respect to the club he is going to), a club maybe not as compliant to the needs of a young player signed from far away. The ' duty of care' has in some respect been handed over to the club he now will be playing for. Due diligence has probably been followed but the club cannot surely handle the duty of care as well as if he was at the club......or even the same country.
I for one do not doubt the club know what they are doing but outsiders looking in and that will include perspective transfer prospects (or their agents) may well look at this situation as the club want rid or do not rate him. We of course will look at the situation and imagine it will toughen him up and give him first team experience. Only time will tell.

Exactly. Imagine sending your 19 year old son or daughter half way round the world during a pandemic which restricts travel. The employer then sends them out to another country to work after a few months. Another country where he doesn't know the language. If it's all been thought through properly and the player is bought into it, then fine. However, I can't help but think that there would have been better options.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Exactly. Imagine sending your 19 year old son or daughter half way round the world during a pandemic which restricts travel. The employer then sends them out to another country to work after a few months. Another country where he doesn't know the language. If it's all been thought through properly and the player is bought into it, then fine. However, I can't help but think that there would have been better options.

How about if your 19 year old son or daughter had a team of people looking after their welfare and keeping in constant contact with them to guide them through it?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’ve been on tripadvisor and Antwerp seems a lovely place .. Ostigard got sent to Stoke :whistle:
Amazing nightlife !!! Remember a nightclub on a boat there that was wild. It's a bit like amsterdams younger brother

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
How about if your 19 year old son or daughter had a team of people looking after their welfare and keeping in constant contact with them to guide them through it?

Yep and not forgetting the team of people who had thoroughly researched where that 19 year old was going to ensure it was suitable for them before even agreeing to it.

I can only assume those who have criticised the club have done their own thorough research and to come to the conclusion that Beerschot is not suitable for Moises. Obviously Brighton with an owner who also owns a club in the same league and located less than an hour away from Beerschot clearly know nothing about them.

Honestly, the way some on here talk you’d think we were a little micky mouse southern league outfit rather than one of the wealthiest, progressive and most forward thinking football clubs in the world.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Agree some of the comments are OTT.

Antwerp is a great city. I know nothing of the club but assume he'll be guaranteed minutes on the pitch.
BHAFC has always been transparent on how it looks after it's loan players, we know they're constantly monitored and kept in contact with.

To insinuate that he's being chucked on the scrap heap against his will, based on no evidence, is a bit hysterical.

The lad will be earning good enough money to afford him a very comfortable lifestyle wherever he goes, I'm sure he won't be left eating baked beans from a tin in a backpacker hostel :mad:

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Amazing nightlife !!! Remember a nightclub on a boat there that was wild. It's a bit like amsterdams younger brother

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Should have sent Aaron there as well.. I mean just to mentor Moises.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's *almost* as if part of the Albion's business model is to acquire promising youngsters, find out what they're all about, get them out on loan to get experience and THEN either stick them into the first team – playing against some of the hardest teams in the world – or sell them off for a profit.

It baffles me why so many people don't get it...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ermmm sorry I’ve dared to voice an opinion that clearly goes against the grain. Ultimately this smacks of an anywhere will do deal and if he’s not up to the standard, ship him out and recoup what we can from literally anywhere… I’m aghast that we’d treat players in this way.

Bottom of the league club, most likely be playing for a different manager before long, doesn’t speak the language but he’ll be fine as long as he makes friends and quickly! It’s a shoddy excercise in squad culling and I don’t much like it. I don’t see this as a developmental move, far from it.

As ever, it’s my just my opinion - but however wrong you see it I’m entitled to it. So there.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ermmm sorry I’ve dared to voice an opinion that clearly goes against the grain. Ultimately this smacks of an anywhere will do deal and if he’s not up to the standard, ship him out and recoup what we can from literally anywhere… I’m aghast that we’d treat players in this way.

Bottom of the league club, most likely be playing for a different manager before long, doesn’t speak the language but he’ll be fine as long as he makes friends and quickly! It’s a shoddy excercise in squad culling and I don’t much like it. I don’t see this as a developmental move, far from it.

As ever, it’s my just my opinion - but however wrong you see it I’m entitled to it. So there.

But then again you don't know where each player is at with their development and what the club think will be best to progress that?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
But then again you don't know where each player is at with their development and what the club think will be best to progress that?

Surely a loan to a Spanish speaking country or a loan to anywhere in the UK to continue his integration to the UK way of life, language climate etc.

I’m perplexed by the vision for him and where this club and location fit in terms of what’s best for a young man thousands of miles from family.

Sorry to be a pain, but I still don’t like it.

Nevertheless it’s done, and without labouring the point over and over, let’s see how this plays out.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Surely a loan to a Spanish speaking country or a loan to anywhere in the UK to continue his integration to the UK way of life, language climate etc.

I’m perplexed by the vision for him and where this club and location fit in terms of what’s best for a young man thousands of miles from family.

Sorry to be a pain, but I still don’t like it.

Nevertheless it’s done, and without labouring the point over and over, let’s see how this plays out.

Obviously you've never read any comments from the club about taking young players out of their comfort zone to see how they respond? I'm sure every young player would have been assessed by the club and looked after by David Weir and his team to gauge what they are and are not ready for? It's Tony Bloom running the club not Del Boy?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Obviously you've never read any comments from the club about taking young players out of their comfort zone to see how they respond? I'm sure every young player would have been assessed by the club and looked after by David Weir and his team to gauge what they are and are not ready for? It's Tony Bloom running the club not Del Boy?
This.

Can't believe that half of you are not working in football with the amount of knowledge you (don't) have.

Maybe you should all post what jobs you do and we can slate you for doing your jobs, even though we don't have a clue how to do it or any information on it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From the outside it certainly doesn't look like the ideal move. Struggling team in another country ......... hmmm.

I'd have preferred a loan in the UK - apart from anything else, it makes it easier for us mere fans to follow his progress! Still, it is what it is - so good luck to Moises at ........... err ............... what's the club called? :wink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here