Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Caicedo going on loan?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is for me the strangest one of the window - not the principle of the loan for Caicedo but the destination. For those saying "its all part of the club's strategy and they know what they're doing" yes that is true, but we can all make mistakes. Every year there is a significant proportion of our loan moves which don't work out or were a bit pointless and it would be a real pity if one of those this year is Caicedo, given his talent. As a general rule, given the numbers of talented young players at the club, one bad loan spell and your first team prospects are bleak.

From Ecuador's star player at the Copa America, supposedly being scouted by Man U and being touted as one of the great talents in South America... to the team at the bottom of the Belgian league. Surely if he was all that we could find him a better loan on reputation alone. Those on here who watched him play Copa America said he performed well, as he has in cup matches, so what gives?

From the outside in, we don't know what's been going on but I would have thought a club in the Championship, at the bottom of La Liga or the top of the Spanish second tier would have made more sense (we found Arce a loan in the Spanish second tier before and Caicedo has a much better reputation).

Perhaps visas had something to do with it being Belgium - as a non-EU player being loaned from a non-EU club, maybe the EU visas are easier to get at short notice for Belgium than elsewhere. But then why Beerschot and not USG? Again, if this kid is as good as we're led to believe, he should walk into that USG side...

I hope they all prove me wrong in any case.

The downside with loaning him to a big league is that its not certain that he will play, plus that he will probably not improve his English a lot. In Spain he would probably keep speaking Spanish. In Germany they speak a lot of German and in France they speak French. In a smaller country like Belgium where all the squads have a lot of foreign players and a high number of players coming and leaving, I would imagine a lot of the coaching and talking is done in English.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Caicedo to Beerschot is controversial. I don't think anybody could seriously dsagree with that. You'd have thought that Newport, Rochdale, Swindon or Doncaster, for example, who have all taken care of our loanees and sent them back better would have been considered - maybe they were, but rejected or not available for one reason or another - we'll never know. We'd all love the club to come out and explain why Beerschot - but we know they they won't! Can we all perhaps agree that we hope they've got it right? Somehow .........................

Well, maybe not quite all of us. Denmark doing OK tonight?

I dont think its controversial to loan anyone to Belgium. Its a country with only 12 million people, yet they produce top quality players for fun. Certainly seems to know a thing or two about coaching youngsters over there. The Belgian league also has a style not too different from the PL.

All in all, the important thing is that Caicedo gets to play football in Europe. South American, including Ecuadorian, football is violent and every game there is a bunch of tackles that would be red carded anywhere in Europe. As a defensive midfielder its important to adapt to the European way of duelling.

BeerschotFan

Sep 5, 2021
Belgium mate says beerschot are the roughest team in the league. Equivalent of Millwall.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

As a Beerschot fan I can say our team certainly does not play the Milwall style. The connection probably is due to the fact that being from a big city with a big harbor we have some tough fans, especially in the 80’s and 90’s that were feared by other clubs in Belgium. But times have changed. We evolved much more to a family club with a small minority that look for trouble and will pick the games for this especially against our city rivals or against sides from The Netherlands. Style wise we are very much a club that plays a passing attacking game. We had a horrible start to the season after a very poor transfer window but transfer deadline day should save our season and Caicedo should play a big role in our team. Our defensive mid got injured in pre-season and is out until at least December so Caicedo will take his place. And he will be well surrounded with Coulibaly who is a box to box type and in his age category one of the biggest talents (a bid of 12 million of ac Milan was refused this window) and our play maker Holzhauser who is a class above). I will keep you informed on Caicedo’s performances if any interest from your side. We are very happy with a player of his status and think the loan can be a huge benefit for all involved.

BeerschotFan

Sep 5, 2021
Hi, Beerschot fan here. See there are mixed feelings at your side about this loan. I think it will be beneficial for all involved. We had a horrible start of this season but are good enough to challenge for the play offs. We had some problems with injuries on crucial positions and now with the late signings we should improve quickly. I think Caicedo will fit in very quickly. We have a tradition with South American players. I will update you on his performances is any interest at your side.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hi, Beerschot fan here. See there are mixed feelings at your side about this loan. I think it will be beneficial for all involved. We had a horrible start of this season but are good enough to challenge for the play offs. We had some problems with injuries on crucial positions and now with the late signings we should improve quickly. I think Caicedo will fit in very quickly. We have a tradition with South American players. I will update you on his performances is any interest at your side.
Thanks this input would be really appreciated on this board

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Yeh, a few progress reports would be brilliant. Thanks mate

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Thanks for posting.

This guy is very very highly rated (by Tim Vickery, a uk football journo in Brazil) so could work out really well for you, fingers crossed.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
As a Beerschot fan I can say our team certainly does not play the Milwall style. The connection probably is due to the fact that being from a big city with a big harbor we have some tough fans, especially in the 80’s and 90’s that were feared by other clubs in Belgium. But times have changed. We evolved much more to a family club with a small minority that look for trouble and will pick the games for this especially against our city rivals or against sides from The Netherlands. Style wise we are very much a club that plays a passing attacking game. We had a horrible start to the season after a very poor transfer window but transfer deadline day should save our season and Caicedo should play a big role in our team. Our defensive mid got injured in pre-season and is out until at least December so Caicedo will take his place. And he will be well surrounded with Coulibaly who is a box to box type and in his age category one of the biggest talents (a bid of 12 million of ac Milan was refused this window) and our play maker Holzhauser who is a class above). I will keep you informed on Caicedo’s performances if any interest from your side. We are very happy with a player of his status and think the loan can be a huge benefit for all involved.
Thanks for the post. I’d be pleased to get updates on Caicedo. It sounds like he’ll play regularly and that’s obviously good for him, Beerschot and us. Moises is currently in South America and played for Ecuador yesterday in their World Cup qualifier against Chile. He’s a very talented 19 year old. A bit raw but with lots of potential. He’s also a very physical lad for 19 so he shouldn’t be bullied by anyone.
I’ll be keeping a close eye on him and Beerschot’s progress this season. Good luck and hope the results start picking up.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think most of you should apply for a job at BHAFC seeing as you have so much knowledge on the best path for professional players and know the ins and outs of every aspect of these players.

Instead of a CV, just give them you post history and I'm sure they will snap you up quicker then you can say "Loan Move"

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Welcome, and thanking you kindly for the offer of updates, which will be very much appreciated.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Thought I'd recognised this fella - he played for Austria u21s vs England u21s in one of the first international games we hosted at the Amex, circa 2013. Remember him standing out as he was massive with bright blonde hair.

Good luck to Beerschot for the season - as others have said, the Caicedo updates will be very welcome indeed.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

Great to hear from you. I googled to see where you were and see there is actually a place near the stadium called Hove which could be helpful for him. Keep in touch.

BeerschotFan

Sep 5, 2021
Small up-date. Caicedo arrived late because of his involvement in the Ecuador squad. That’s the reason he only got a couple of minutes in our away defeat in Oostende last saterday. He immediately showed he can help our team a lot. In the meantime our manager was sacked because of the terrible results and today Torrente an Argentinian coach was appointed as our new manager. He is a former assistant of Bielsa at the Argentina national team so we hope he can change our fortunes…

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Subbed at half time on his first start last week ... However, Beerschot were down to 9 men by then so I wouldn't read too much into that.
On as a late sub in the games either side of that.

Beerschot have 2 points from 10 games, haven't scored in 5 home matches.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
As long as he’s better than the last Albert that we had!

I had high hopes for Jarrett. He looked like he could've been a decent player for us at that level. Did I see him play for us in a friendly against Lewes at the Dripping Pan or am I remembering a game when he was playing for the Rooks?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
As long as he is getting minutes and remains serious-injury-free then the situation is beneficial. It'll do him good playing in a side who are under the cosh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here