Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Caicedo going on loan?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My point was that using international appearances to make a judgement about a player is pretty futile.

Read my post again it is the international recognition at 19 combined with the reports from South America that this guy was the real deal that is surprising where he was ended up. This guy was on man utds radar it is therefore a little surprising the level we have sent him to.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Read my post again it is the international recognition at 19 combined with the reports from South America that this guy was the real deal that is surprising where he was ended up. This guy was on man utds radar it is therefore a little surprising the level we have sent him to.

As I said, international appearances are pretty irrelevant.

Man United sent Dean Henderson on loan the Conference North when he was Caicedo's age.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As I said, international appearances are pretty irrelevant.

Man United sent Dean Henderson on loan the Conference North when he was Caicedo's age.

Goalkeepers are a completely different animal in terms of development.

Let’s try another approach how would you feel if Brighton just announced they were selling Biss and his replacement was being signed from Beerschot?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Man Utd’s previous interest is totally irrelevant, they would have done the same as us if they had signed him and loaned him out exactly as they would have done with the more expensive Diallo until he got injured.

Besides, United used to also send all of their promising youngsters to Antwerp on loan.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Man Utd’s previous interest is totally irrelevant, they would have done the same as us if they had signed him and loaned him out exactly as they would have done with the more expensive Diallo until he got injured.

Besides, United used to also send all of their promising youngsters to Antwerp on loan.

Manchester United do use Antwerp it is like a graveyard for the terminally shite

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...chester-united-sent-on-loan-to-royal-antwerp/

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Actually that was really successful. The number of youth players they sent there who then had successful premier league and football league careers was really impressive.

That’s a very low bar of successful unless of course you feel that Luke Chadwick or Danny Higginbotham is the dream that Caicedo can aspire to

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I’d suggest you have an unrealistic expectation of a club’s youth system.

That was a successful return.

I am not questioning the policy of loaning players for development I am questioning if this is a suitable level for a 19 year old with 10 international caps who came to us highly rated and was expected to compete for a first team place.

As I posted above if he is to be a Biss replacement would you be happy if we signed his replacement from Beerschot? I know I would have question marks about that

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Goalkeepers are a completely different animal in terms of development.

Let’s try another approach how would you feel if Brighton just announced they were selling Biss and his replacement was being signed from Beerschot?

Ben White was on loan in League 2 when he was Caicedo's age, that seemed to work out pretty well, didn't it?

I would be pretty underwhelmed if we signed Biss' replacement from Beerschot but I don't see what that has to do with sending a teenage prospect out on loan to get experience in a top flight division...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ben White was on loan in League 2 when he was Caicedo's age, that seemed to work out pretty well, didn't it?

I would be pretty underwhelmed if we signed Biss' replacement from Beerschot but I don't see what that has to do with sending a teenage prospect out on loan to get experience in a top flight division...

With respect to Ben White (whose loan pathway worked out very well) he had not played as many first team games or started with any regularity at international level as Caicedo.

My comment in regard to Biss replacement was in response so suggestions on this thread a loan at Beerschot would someone make him ready for replacing Biss in the PL (who was playing for Lille in Ligue 1 at about the same age).

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Maybe the Belgium league is deemed to be technically better than others and therefore a good fit? Maybe there’s good reason to send him there, however, to me it seems underwhelming.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It truly is pathetic. Club casts its eyes far and wide for cheapo shiny penny imports from Mehland while failing to retain full focus on the core activity that keeps this whole silly shitshow on the road ie performance of EPL core starting eleven. How about paying proper rates for proper EPL-ready players?:Can't keep doing it on the cheap forever. Will just end up biting you on the bum sooner rather than later :shrug:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
With respect to Ben White (whose loan pathway worked out very well) he had not played as many first team games or started with any regularity at international level as Caicedo.

My comment in regard to Biss replacement was in response so suggestions on this thread a loan at Beerschot would someone make him ready for replacing Biss in the PL (who was playing for Lille in Ligue 1 at about the same age).

Exactly, so Ben White went on loan to League 2 and Mosies has gone on loan to the Belgian top flight... Yeah, it's not La Liga or Serie A but it's still a big step up from the Ecuadorian League and should be a great learning experience.

I personally would not expect him to come back from this loan and be suddenly ready to replace Biss and I doubt the club do either. Depending on how this loan goes, there may well be another loan afterwards to a different (better?) league or he'll come back and integrate into the squad. Worth bearing in mind it took Biss a number of seasons at the club before he became the player he is today.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Biss was playing for Lille 2's in League 2 when he came to France from Mali, didnt play for 1st's till he was in his 20s

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Belgium mate says beerschot are the roughest team in the league. Equivalent of Millwall.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Have you emailed the club with your concerns? Just in case they have made a mistake?

Lol ... yeah, I've been straight on to the whole board to register my disgust.

As someone who knows the inner workings of our club so well, I'm sure you'd be right on it if the club inbox was bulging with my critical missives.

I bloody love NSC when someone tells me: You don't understand the inner workings of the club, because none of us do... but here's how it works...

It's utterly hilarious.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe the Belgium league is deemed to be technically better than others and therefore a good fit? Maybe there’s good reason to send him there, however, to me it seems underwhelming.
I think one thing we can all agree on is that Caicedo to Beerschot is controversial. I don't think anybody could seriously dsagree with that. You'd have thought that Newport, Rochdale, Swindon or Doncaster, for example, who have all taken care of our loanees and sent them back better would have been considered - maybe they were, but rejected or not available for one reason or another - we'll never know. We'd all love the club to come out and explain why Beerschot - but we know they they won't! Can we all perhaps agree that we hope they've got it right? Somehow .........................

It truly is pathetic. Club casts its eyes far and wide for cheapo shiny penny imports from Mehland while failing to retain full focus on the core activity that keeps this whole silly shitshow on the road ie performance of EPL core starting eleven. How about paying proper rates for proper EPL-ready players?:Can't keep doing it on the cheap forever. Will just end up biting you on the bum sooner rather than later :shrug:
Well, maybe not quite all of us. Denmark doing OK tonight?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Belgium mate says beerschot are the roughest team in the league. Equivalent of Millwall.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Maybe they have been targeted to toughen up young Moises ? He is a unit for a 19 year old so add in some dark arts, and who knows. Maybe we’ll have our Equadorian Adam El Abd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here