Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well we did it, tremendous first half and (yes) we're looking very, very good and this without putting in a truly excellent 90 min performance...

I'd say that's pretty good going.

I actually got something right too, a 2-1 win against an excellent team and an annoyingly excellent coach.

It's as perfect as can be !

Let's keep this momentum going with a decent win midweek, and a true hammering of Palace a week on Monday... we owe them BIG time and I'm hoping we show them just how ridiculously lucky they got last season.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
According to Potter in his BBC post match interview we " smegged it " roughly translated.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I’ll take a jammy win any day.

Well done lads.

:clap2:

We scored both our goals when on top in the game, didn’t think 2-0 flattered us when Welbeck scored.

Yes, fortunate to hang on for a relentless 20 minutes of pressure BUT I don’t consider those jammy wins when you deserved the lead you had.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Bossed it for an hour

Dodgy last 20 but overall decent performance

First hour was a joy . Should of been 2 up at half time

After a very unimpressive first opening 10 minutes where Leicester's 'pass and move' was excellent (albeit with no end problem) the rest of the first half was excellent. Not hyperbole, but excellent against a very good side

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Turned out rather nice

gordycom

Mar 17, 2013
Brighton
Just got back from the game, absolutely brilliant. I may have a low bar because I remember the Gillingham years but I loved watching that team out there today, UP THE ALBION!!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Leicester are a great team, and enjoy watching them play. However, overall, we were the better team.

As for the likes of Claridge , Lineker and Rodgers whinging, just get on with it.

4, yes that’s 4 officials, believe that the decisions were correct.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leicester are a great team, and enjoy watching them play. However, overall, we were the better team.

As for the likes of Claridge , Lineker and Rodgers whinging, just get on with it.

4, yes that’s 4 officials, believe that the decisions were correct.

We really weren't. You can see their class. Albion are moving up a notch to a mid-table team. I could see us getting 10th this year. Leicester are still a class above.

Today we had a good first half and got lucky in the second (goal aside).

But I'm not complaining.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
We really weren't. You can see their class. Albion are moving up a notch to a mid-table team. I could see us getting 10th this year. Leicester are still a class above.

But I'm not complaining.

Blimey I bet you're fun at a party...

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

But I'm not complaining.

Have to agree. You could see their quality. Makes the win all that much sweeter. We aren't at that level across a season - yet - but we certainly are on the right track.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There's some splendid "teams like Brighton" - ing going on from Leicester fans. Never gets boring.

No team has less of a right to take that tack than Leicester, imho. Until they won the league, everyone was "teams like Leicester"

A short memory is a bad look.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's some splendid "teams like Brighton" - ing going on from Leicester fans. Never gets boring.
Some are qute reasonable though.
"They (Brighton) rode their luck hard today and they know it. In previous games against us they've never had the rub of the green, so this time they got it. That's football".

I'd take that.................

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Blimey I bet you're fun at a party...

Apparently, yes. I just like to give an objective view of things. Stops false excitement.

We are a long way from their level. But I think Albion are now ready to have a season where they won't have relegation worries. And that is the next stage we wanted. Good times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here