Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well that was fun, wasn't it ?

We scored 2, they had 2 disallowed and Bissouma rose from the dead over half time :albion2:

Negative - no bloody highlights on the concourse :annoyed:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Apparently, yes. I just like to give an objective view of things. Stops false excitement.

We are a long way from their level. But I think Albion are now ready to have a season where they won't have relegation worries. And that is the next stage we wanted. Good times.

I wouldn't have responded to such a cliche and stock message personally but, regardless, don't change.

Understanding football and being non-partizan is alien to most fans of every club in the world. It's the quiet elite who actually know what they're talking about.

If a bad decision goes against us I'll say so. In this case, bad decisions went for us. I can recognise that as someone who understands the game, not just as a Brighton fan. I save my tribalism for the stadium to support the team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We really weren't. You can see their class. Albion are moving up a notch to a mid-table team. I could see us getting 10th this year. Leicester are still a class above.

Today we had a good first half and got lucky in the second (goal aside).

But I'm not complaining.

All opinions. Of course they came at us at the end, but other than the deflected shot did Sanchez get his gloves dirty?

Seen your later post, yes we are not as good as them generally, but today we were. I will still settle for 12th.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That was an incredibly stressful end to the game and we certainly rode our luck…but ****ing GET IN

Exactly feel like this! But never / rarely have 3 points felt so earned! Leicester are a fantastic (if you look beyond their ffp cheating) side -horrible last 20 - but my word what a 3 points. What a squad.i

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wouldn't have responded to such a cliche and stock message personally but, regardless, don't change.

Understanding football and being non-partizan is alien to most fans of every club in the world. It's the quiet elite who actually know what they're talking about.

If a bad decision goes against us I'll say so. In this case, bad decisions went for us. I can recognise that as someone who understands the game, not just as a Brighton fan. I save my tribalism for the stadium to support the team.

Oh please.

They had a lot of possession but created nothing, other than being a threat on set pieces.

As I said great team, but we were better particularly first half and first 10-15 of second.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Oh please.

They had a lot of possession but created nothing, other than being a threat on set pieces.

As I said great team, but we were better particularly first half and first 10-15 of second.

We were better in spells and I thought were very comfortable in the first half and edged it. Leicester created very little and was very much like us when we play poorly, side to side, backwards and Vardy looked completely isolated. The penalty was a gift and a poor decision, but in boxing it was a 10-9 round not a 10-8 knockdown.

The second half, aside from the goal (which actually came from March chasing down a long "out-ball" on the counter following their attack) was all them.

They completely changed their shape and swapped the ineffective Maddison (who looked lost out wide on the right and barely touched the ball)

They'd have felt aggrieved with the penalty, then hit the net twice, the second of which was a very bad decision to disallow. It was a 10-8 round and we were doing the chicken dance around the ring.

It was the luck we needed and probably deserved after some terrible fortune last season.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We were better in spells and I thought were very comfortable in the first half and edged it. Leicester created very little and was very much like us when we play poorly, side to side, backwards and Vardy looked completely isolated. The penalty was a gift and a poor decision, but in boxing it was a 10-9 round not a 10-8 knockdown.

The second half, aside from the goal (which actually came from March chasing down a long "out-ball" on the counter following their attack) was all them.

They'd have felt aggrieved with the penalty, then hit the net twice, the second of which was a very bad decision to disallow. It was a 10-8 round and we were doing the chicken dance around the ring.

It was the luck we needed and probably deserved after some terrible fortune last season.

Haven’t seen the disallowed goals, but the ref, linesman and two VAR officials disallowed them, so you have to go with their decision.

I don’t agree re the first 10 of the second half, and we could have gone 3 up before they scored.

They’re an great team, and even now I’d have taken a point.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Well that was fun, wasn't it ?

We scored 2, they had 2 disallowed and Bissouma rose from the dead over half time :albion2:

Negative - no bloody highlights on the concourse :annoyed:

whats going on with the TVs on the concourses? does anyone have anything on the TVs - nothing in the East - just signs about washing your hands etc?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh please.

Spot on, we’re rewriting this game as if Leicester bossed us.

They did for the first 15 minutes but only winning a series of corners, Barnes was the only stand out player then. Then inevitably with that club’s spending power, they dominated after scoring.

In between, we were brilliant, creating so many problems for them, winning 50:50’s, hunting in packs. Maddison, Pereira were shocking, Tielemens and Ndidi bossed in that long period.

To control half the match against them, with the goals, was a great return.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Only thing I’d disagree on is their second disallowed goal. It looked as if Barnes ducked his head towards the ball and that’s interference. Lucky for us that he needlessly made an effort to get to the ball but absolutely offside

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If you instruct a player to stand in an offside position to blind the keeper it doesn’t matter how good the goal is, you have a player in an offside position when the kick comes in and the goal has to be ruled out. They tried it twice and scored twice but both goals were correctly ruled out :shrug:

In real time I thought both goals should have stood, as I didn’t pick up the cheating. Good job we didn’t have a player on the line eh? :smile:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If you instruct a player to stand in an offside position to blind the keeper it doesn’t matter how good the goal is, you have a player in an offside position when the kick comes in and the goal has to be ruled out. They tried it twice and scored twice but both goals were correctly ruled out :shrug:

In real time I thought both goals should have stood, as I didn’t pick up the cheating

As I said, the first one was dubious but understandable. I can see why it was given, albeit it was soft. The second one he was three yards away, not in line with either the goalkeeper or Ndidi, as the replays clearly showed, and it should not have stood.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As I said, the first one was dubious but understandable. I can see why it was given, albeit it was soft. The second one he was three yards away, not in line with either the goalkeeper or Ndidi, as the replays clearly showed, and it should not have stood.

But he was offside and distracting Sanchez, even if it was just a little

VAR fecked up completely for the penalty though and it should not have been given

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
But he was offside and distracting Sanchez, even if it was just a little

VAR fecked up completely for the penalty though and it should not have been given

The reverse angle clearly shows that he was nowhere near Sanchez's eyeline. I am sorry but it was the wrong decision. I love my club, but I'm right here. Glad for the win, the luck we deserved.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm not sure I've ever appreciated the joy of hearing opposition fans deflating with a disallowed goal so much as today. And to have it twice. Lovely.

“Champions of England, your never sing that”

Haven’t they heard of the faith?

Quite enjoyed how upset they got, especially on the second one

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
These 4 fellas. Last 20. Immense

242397977_10159551754473139_7474004413407671326_n.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

In real time I thought both goals should have stood, as I didn’t pick up the cheating. Good job we didn’t have a player on the line eh? :smile:

Exactly.

Anything that might affect the goalkeeper’s judgement, thinking or sight-lines …..

…. is a good old fashioned offside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here