[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Spot on, we’re rewriting this game as if Leicester bossed us.

They did for the first 15 minutes but only winning a series of corners, Barnes was the only stand out player then. Then inevitably with that club’s spending power, they dominated after scoring.

In between, we were brilliant, creating so many problems for them, winning 50:50’s, hunting in packs. Maddison, Pereira were shocking, Tielemens and Ndidi bossed in that long period.

To control half the match against them, with the goals, was a great return.

Absolutely how I saw the game. Got a bit of luck with the decisions, but bloody hell after last season and the Burnley goal this season we deserve a bit of luck.
Superb game, great performance overall and won 4 of 5... Blimey what a start.
Just a shame I couldn't make the game today!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely how I saw the game. Got a bit of luck with the decisions, but bloody hell after last season and the Burnley goal this season we deserve a bit of luck.
Superb game, great performance overall and won 4 of 5... Blimey what a start.
Just a shame I couldn't make the game today!

Shock, horror, the vastly more expensive team saw more of the ball, who cares.

Otherwise, we were their match over the 95 minutes.

F7851D79-9F34-4D90-AAA1-A694D34A8BFF.png

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Shock, horror, the vastly more expensive team saw more of the ball, who cares.

Otherwise, we were their match over the 95 minutes.

View attachment 140553

Really enjoyed watching Maupay and Cucurella especially today. And Trossard actually. Cucurella was brilliant to watch, and Trossard and Maupay just didn't stop. So much energy and played with confidence. After last season, its great to see, especially re Maupay.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well. It seems that Schmeichal can take a goal kick really quickly after all. Only if Leicester are behind mind. His prolonged gobbing off a the lino after the penalty was well out of order, the kunnt. You'd have thought that if VAR had agreed time to shut up, but oh no.

I think I may have celebrated the final whistle as if it were another goal.

Long way home for those fox fans :).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oh come on, Gary seems like a decent bloke, but I agreed I don't give a monkey's about what he thinks of the penno...

He really isn't. I know many people who think the same.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well. It seems that Schmeichal can take a goal kick really quickly after all. Only if Leicester are behind mind. His prolonged gobbing off a the lino after the penalty was well out of order, the kunnt. You'd have thought that if VAR had agreed time to shut up, but oh no.

I think I may have celebrated the final whistle as if it were another goal.

Long way home for those fox fans :).

Classless cvnt isn't he? If I had been Ref he would have in the Book for dissent.

As for the game, they bossed the first 15 minutes, we warmed up and were all over them for the rest of the Half. Second Half was pretty even until they scored and admit the last 20 minutes was Circle the Wagons Time. Don't think anyone has mentioned the great tip over the Bar by Sanchez?

Oh and Cucurella hasn't just got a brilliant name and a truly 1970's Barnet, but can play a bit.

As has already been stated, Lamptey and him are going to cause serious problems to opposition defences in the near future.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Met a few at the station this morning, really decent types asking for decent pubs and we duly obliged .

Some of the ones later, cocks.

Agreed that before the game they mainly seemed like a decent enough bunch. After the matcht there was a lot of tantrums about losing to a "team like Brighton" and Billy Big Bollox nonsense from geezers wearing their one bit of Stone Island clobber they got for Christmas 2 years ago...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Am delighted with win and have just seen highlights. Never a penalty. VAR have just look at ball hitting hand but have not looked just before. Also 2 off sides very harsh. No way did Barnes make a difference.
Count our luck and train to defend corners better

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Am delighted with win and have just seen highlights. Never a penalty. VAR have just look at ball hitting hand but have not looked just before. Also 2 off sides very harsh. No way did Barnes make a difference.
Count our luck and train to defend corners better

So, you were happy that we didn't get a penalty against man united at the start of last season then?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He does remind me a bit of Biss when he first joined us. You can see there is class player in there, just needs to get up to the speed & physicality of the game here.

I think it's too soon for him. He struggled against Watford too. But of a strange substitution really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports