[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
At least now the game is going over I don’t have to hear that blooming irritating Everton chant that’s like ‘oooooooooooooooooh’ (kinda noise you’d make if someone had unexpectedly pinched your bum) Everton. Very odd and annoying song.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Poor result, can’t believe how quickly some are turning on RDZ and some of our players though.
Then what can we say? He got today horribly wrong and if he can be praised as highly as he is then he can be examined negatively also. He was woeful today and showed arrogance

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Then what can we say? He got today horribly wrong and if he can be praised as highly as he is then he can be examined negatively also. He was woeful today and showed arrogance
Please explain how RDZ "showed arrogance"?

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Everton singing was some of the worst part of the night. The goals were one thing, but their non stop singing and the oooooohs were insufferable. Glad I left before they did just so I didn’t have to encounter any smug scouters on the train.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
It’s just a perfect storm of a few things, injuries, tired players, a few mistakes from RDZ, Everton being great. Bad games are going to happen but it doesn't mean that we panic and chuck it all out of the window. Europa league is still well on for us and it’s been a fantastic season so far.
Exactly. We've got five days off/preparation for the next game, so a bit more than we've had most recently.

And let's not forget we've had far FAR worse times. I'm trying to chill and move on - just opened a bottle of Harvey's Christmas Ale that was lurking in the fridge. :drink:

We can be sure that RDZ and the players won't be throwing in the towel for the season and things are still very possible. Shit day in the office but tomorrow's another day and our season isn't done by a long way.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Everton singing was some of the worst part of the night. The goals were one thing, but their non stop singing and the oooooohs were insufferable. Glad I left before they did just so I didn’t have to encounter any smug scouters on the train.
Presume it was them doing that weird camp "Wooo" at times. WTF was that all about?

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Please explain how RDZ "showed arrogance"?
Not changing anything first 45 minutes when tactically we were getting destroyed. They run through us and he changed nothing. Was obvious from minute 15 onwards that it wasn't just bad performances, tactically we were being exploited hard and he did no subs or change in shape. Waited until half time when we were 3-0 down. We were much better second half (even though we lost the half 2-1)

It's pure arrogance to not respect the opposition at all and expect things to change without his input

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Horrific performance today. I see some people defending RDZ but he’s had a mare today. Two players with zero fatigue in Gilmour and Enciso who’ve been on fire get dropped. Buonannote no where near strong enough to play against physical sides like Everton yet. Undav, I’m sorry yes he scored a cheeky goal against a totally useless wolves but he is not a premier league footballer. All that compounded by Mitoma looking like he’s packed up for the season and Gross deciding to give an impression of a tortoise when tracking runners and we’ve seen the end result.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Laughable that some are saying RDZ got outthought/outclassed today, most of our key players are running on empty with no rotation options, throw in a lot of poor individual errors and the game was over. They needed it more than us and had some key players recently back, and were remarkably clinical - fair play to them, but the size of the defeat matters little to us, to be honest.

Just got to dust ourselves down and get ready for the next game, we tend to play better against the better sides - but another injury blow this time for March was the worst news of the evening, as the squad is already thin.
Yet the players rotated out March, Gilmour and Enciso look full of energy when they came on.... Wrong team to start compounded by some serious mistakes by individuals and no changes until second half when we looked a far better team going forward.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I guess you watched Shawshank last night!🤦🏼‍♂️
Have a good rest of the evening!
I actually didn’t - I watched The Last Castle on Netflix ( with Robert Redford and Gandolfini) which was brilliant.

Enjoy the rest of your evening too 🤙

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Horrific performance today. I see some people defending RDZ but he’s had a mare today. Two players with zero fatigue in Gilmour and Enciso who’ve been on fire get dropped. Buonannote no where near strong enough to play against physical sides like Everton yet. Undav, I’m sorry yes he scored a cheeky goal against a totally useless wolves but he is not a premier league footballer. All that compounded by Mitoma looking like he’s packed up for the season and Gross deciding to give an impression of a tortoise when tracking runners and we’ve seen the end result.
All good points. Think oppo teams and managers have worked out how to stop Mitoma. He went under the radar earlier a bit.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
And the other goals ? I agree we had some poor individual performances and although RDZ made subs he didn’t change our shape or try to make us better defensively at all

2nd goal, Webster/Mac turn the ball over, Doucore outruns Mac on the counter to be unmarked at the back post, and a top quality finish.

3rd goal, Gross slips and Steele is out of position.

4th goal, March under hits a pass leaving us out of position from a corner. Caicedo slips chasing back, March pulls his hammy chasing back.

5th goal, Gross has the pace of a snail chasing back the through ball to McNeil. McNeil blasts it top bins (Steele possibly could have done better)

All preventable goals, not because of the tactics of RDZ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports