Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
’Obtuse’ means being deliberately ‘slow to understand’ - as you were being about my points regarding Solly’s fatigue level recently. Solly may have been deemed fit enough to be on the bench but too fatigued to manage a full 90 minutes - the same for any key player - the same way we rested Mitoma, Mac Allister and Caceido after the FACup SF - not missing completely but playing them off the bench against Wolves. To minimise over fatigue and risk of injury.

Today’s result is what it is.

I highly rate RDZ as a manager but he will be the first to admit, this was a car wreck today born of difficult starting selection issues, us not playing well and Everton being very hungry and incentivised.

Move on and take a breath. Europe is still within our grasp.
Thanks for the explanation but not ’Slow to understand’ just have a different point of view. I guess you watched Shawshank last night!🤦🏼‍♂️
Have a good rest of the evening!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did he?

I don't think it was his tactics to concede after 35 seconds, to have poor individual performances and good finishing from Everton.
And the other goals ? I agree we had some poor individual performances and although RDZ made subs he didn’t change our shape or try to make us better defensively at all

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Dreadful performance. We weren’t up for it at all and the formation was a disaster we were constantly overran on the wings and on the counter. Some poor goals given away. Everton wanted it more and were stronger and more physical than us. To lose to a Dyche team like that because of the very basics of the game was poor. One to forget. Still a lot to play for this season.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Or RDZ started with the wrong line up?
I don't think the line up was wrong. We'd have been 1-0 down inside a minute, unless he had dropped Mitoma. I think we were a bit naive after that, Webster giving the ball away and out of position etc. I have never seen so many 2 on 1s in one half of football.
Losing March now is a serious loss for the rest of the season. And how big a loss has Veltman been.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Laughable that some are saying RDZ got outthought/outclassed today, most of our key players are running on empty with no rotation options, throw in a lot of poor individual errors and the game was over. They needed it more than us and had some key players recently back, and were remarkably clinical - fair play to them, but the size of the defeat matters little to us, to be honest.

Just got to dust ourselves down and get ready for the next game, we tend to play better against the better sides - but another injury blow this time for March was the worst news of the evening, as the squad is already thin.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Only thing RDZ got right today was making the 4 subs at half time.dropping Gilmour was madness. Mac, Pervy and Mitoma were tired. Welbeck and Undav beyond shite. Team Passing wayward. Webster and Dunk had stinkers.No proper RB coming home to bite us finally. Oh and Solly out probably for the season. Since the penalty miss though his heads gone
MacAllister was easily the best player in blue and white today. Granted, he wasn’t as good as usual but he was still driving the team forward and tracking back. Pervis was all over the pitch as usual. No obvious sign from either of them they were tired. March was excellent too until he pulled his hamstring.

Would you really have started Gilmour in midfield before the game over Gross, Caicedo and/or Ali Mac? Don’t think many would. Yes, Gilmour has been excellent but he isn’t first choice In the current team.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
MacAllister was easily the best player in blue and white today. Granted, he wasn’t as good as usual but he was still driving the team forward and tracking back. Pervis was all over the pitch as usual. No obvious sign from either of them they were tired. March was excellent too until he pulled his hamstring.

Would you really have started Gilmour in midfield before the game over Gross, Caicedo and/or Ali Mac? Don’t think many would. Yes, Gilmour has been excellent but he isn’t first choice In the current team.
Would have had Gilmour as extra in midfield instead of Undav.

Back to the glory days of fabulous xG wins

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poor result, can’t believe how quickly some are turning on RDZ and some of our players though.
Count me out on that idea please. The way we play will continue to throw up results like this, the fact that this is the first time is the only surprise to me. I love how we play and can accept what happened today occasionally. I am a little concerned how the confidence levels and grind of games will affect us though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here