Date: Monday 8th May 2023
Kick-off: 17:30 BST
Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Darren England
Additional VAR: Matthew Wilkes

TEAM NEWS

Brighton will continue to assess injury doubts Evan Ferguson and Pascal Gross but head coach Roberto De Zerbi says he won't take risks with either player.

This game may come too soon for Joel Veltman, while Adam Lallana, Jakub Moder and Jeremy Sarmiento remain out.

Everton captain Seamus Coleman is likely to miss the rest of the season after injuring his knee in Monday's 2-2 draw at Leicester.

Fellow defender Ben Godfrey is still absent with a groin issue.

Amadou Onana, who was an unused substitute in the last match after suffering from illness, has recovered and should be available to start.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brighton's 4-1 win at Goodison Park in January means they are vying to complete their first league double against Everton.
  • The Toffees won 2-0 at the Amex last season but have never claimed back-to-back away league victories versus the Seagulls.
  • The Sussex club scored just eight times in their first nine Premier League matches against the Merseysiders but have netted seven goals in the subsequent two meetings.
Albion
  • The Seagulls have won five of their seven league games this season against sides currently in the relegation zone (D1, L1).
  • Brighton have won just one of their 12 Premier League fixtures played on a Monday (D8, L3), though it did come in their only such game in the current campaign, beating Southampton 3-1 on Boxing Day.
  • They have won eight of their last 10 home games in all competitions, keeping seven clean sheets.
  • The Seagulls have kept nine Premier League clean sheets at home in 2022-23 - only Manchester United, with 10, have a better record (prior to the latest round of fixtures).
  • Danny Welbeck has been directly involved in eight goals in his eight Premier League starts against Everton, scoring four and assisting four. The only team he has a better record against is West Ham (six goals and three assists).
  • Welbeck is one shy of 300 Premier League appearances.
Everton
  • Everton are winless in their last 18 Premier League away games against sides starting the day in the top half of the table (D7, L11), though their last such victory was a 2-0 win at Brighton in August 2021.
  • Since beating Brentford on 11 March, they have taken four points from a possible 21 (D4, L3).
  • The Toffees have failed to win their previous 13 top-flight away matches, although four of the past five have ended in draws.
  • Alex Iwobi has been involved in eight Premier League goals this season (two goals and six assists), more than any other Everton player.

Roberto De Zerbi's Everton Press Conference

Last edited:

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
Can I order a 3-0 pasting of Everton with a side of bitterness from the scousers please.

Forest are my wife, always nagging and complaining and starting to show her age, whereas BHA she’s my mistress, full of life with a twinkle in her eye.

Since I become an avid BHA fan we’re* two from two in the league 🙂

Sheep sheep sheep shag………sorry force of habit ……sea sea sea siders.

*using “we’re“ in a non offensive manner. 🙏

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I know we're rocking at the minute but that Everton winless in their last 18 away games stat makes me nervous.

Always will.
Trying not to be nervous, but I know exactly what you mean.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Just read this on the Everton forum:

Good passing side and never give up....but hopefully Dyche has watched that playing out from the back shizz and realised they can be pressed into errors.

Exactly
what RDZ wants oppo managers/teams to think. 😬
*watch us go and make a mistake at the back leading to a goal for them now I've said that

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just read this on the Everton forum:

Good passing side and never give up....but hopefully Dyche has watched that playing out from the back shizz and realised they can be pressed into errors.

Exactly
what RDZ wants oppo managers/teams to think. 😬
*watch us go and make a mistake at the back leading to a goal for them now I've said that
If Everton of all teams try pressing us we will batter them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here