Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
The stats indicate it was a smash and grab. We had 78% possession, 23 shots,, 5 on target and one goal. They had 5 shots with 5 on target and 5 goals. If we'd swapped the keepers we would probably have won.
Totally disagree, it’s all about opinions. They utterly owned us in the first half. We competed second,they had a plan and carried it out to perfection. They scored 5. Hardly a last minute fluke. Sometimes you get done by a better team in the day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For us fans: maybe it’s a slight reality check. We’re very good, but perhaps not yet quite as good as we were starting to believe.
I think it's the point RDZ is making a lot at the moment - we're an excellent side on our day with everything set up right, but not a side ready yet for 2/3 big games a week. That's where we want to get to, and that's about mentality as much as squad depth.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Totally disagree, it’s all about opinions. They utterly owned us in the first half. We competed second,they had a plan and carried it out to perfection. They scored 5. Hardly a last minute fluke. Sometimes you get done by a better team in the day.
Yup. They absolutely nailed their game plan and got the game won in the first half. Just got to hold your hands up sometimes and acknowledge it.

Hopefully RDZ will see Dyche coming next season and have something better in place, we looked very naive first half.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think it's the point RDZ is making a lot at the moment - we're an excellent side, but not a side ready yet for 2/3 big games a week. That's where we want to get to, and that's about mentality as much as squad depth.
I do wonder what came with more pressure for Dunk for example - Championship promotion season or this season. Less games, but busy end and of course Europe is big, but was it bigger than getting promotion ?

I’m not sure RDZ realises about the football league schedule of Saturday / Tuesday etc

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I do wonder what came with more pressure for Dunk for example - Championship promotion season or this season. Less games, but busy end and of course Europe is big, but was it bigger than getting promotion ?

I’m not sure RDZ realises about the football league schedule of Saturday / Tuesday etc
I see your point, but the quality of teams is obviously way higher, if we’re off by 1-5% we get beaten. We looked knackered.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yup. They absolutely nailed their game plan and got the game won in the first half. Just got to hold your hands up sometimes and acknowledge it.

Hopefully RDZ will see Dyche coming next season and have something better in place, we looked very naive first half.
Naive is a word that describes us reasonably well .....a team seemingly bound for relegation come flying out of the trap and before you know it we're 2-0 down......ffs , caught dozing , move on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The wisdom of Kevin Campbell

“Performances have been getting better since ‘our’ (Everton) visit to Leicester
(TS headline)

Eh ..that was their last match before last night 👀

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm not saying they weren't the better team. They clearly were and they executed their smash and grab counter-attacking strategy very well indeed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
DCL turn to do Dunk was sublime and that was an early sucker punch we never recovered from, add into the mix when we did change things Pickford was outstanding, Dyche really did a number on RDZ, you can't win them all, and lack of depth in the squad is catching up with us, nothing to be ashamed or mad at.

The only thing that wound me up was Pickfords push on Mac Allister in the box, how was that not looked at, he went at him with real venom in his eyes.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think it's the point RDZ is making a lot at the moment - we're an excellent side on our day with everything set up right, but not a side ready yet for 2/3 big games a week. That's where we want to get to, and that's about mentality as much as squad depth.
Yes, indeed - agree completely- the mentality that is required is the ability to compartmentalise matches and go into each match as a ‘stand alone’, unaffected by the previous match result (either buoyed up by it deflated because of it) or with an eye on what comes after the match such as the end of season objectives and how the result of that match you are about to play will effect those objectives.

The level of concentration required in 90mins of PL football, to keep to the game plan, stay with role, react with speed and accuracy is burden enough without dragging baggage from previous or future matches around the field too I imagine. When you are playing the schedule we have been playing (and will play if we qualify for Europe) it requires a much faster turn around of how individual games have impacted on mental and emotional state, simply because there’s less time between matches. The Notts game showed we were not yet over the SF imo - the fantastic and tense last minute result against Man U at the Amex on Thursday may also have contributed to a slight sense of complacency and thinking about European qualification etc going into the Everton match - who really knows, the players aren’t emotionless robots obviously but going into each of our individual remaining matches with what RDZ requires as the ‘right mentality’ is a pre-requisite for qualifying for Europe.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hopefully we'll see a reaction against Arsenal. There's no way RDZ will put up with anything less. It wouldn't surprise me if we won at the Emirates.
* ahem *

Disasterous day. We won’t recover from that. We will lose at Arsenal, Man C and Newcastle. Had to win today and against Saints. Now last European place will go down to the final game and Villa at home will win it. So many errors today from everyone. Wrong line up, tired, complacent, error strewn. What a wasted opportunity- gutted
Still confident of this statement now lol?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here