[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Wondering how they worked that one out. Especially given we're still to play two of the teams currently in the bottom three.

'Teams in the relegation zone at the time of playing them', perhaps?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I don't see much difference between how Everton will play and how Manchester United did. It's just that United have better players.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I don't see much difference between how Everton will play and how Manchester United did. It's just that United have better players.

Reactions: A1X

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just read this on the Everton forum:

Good passing side and never give up....but hopefully Dyche has watched that playing out from the back shizz and realised they can be pressed into errors.

Exactly
what RDZ wants oppo managers/teams to think. 😬
*watch us go and make a mistake at the back leading to a goal for them now I've said that
In theory, they need to go for the win, which means over-committing players and leaving spaces for the mighty stripes to score a hatful on the break...

(Scrappy 1-1 draw coming up, then!)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Trying to be positive but this one has got Nott Forest all over again,written on it….. Give us a top club and we rise to it , but struggle with the ones near the bottom.
So, in hope rather than expectation, I say ….. :albion2:
No need to be so pessimistic. In reality, the defeat at Forest sticks out like a sore thumb. Against the strugglers this season:

West Ham 0 Albion 2
Albion 1 Leeds 0
Albion 5 Leicester 2
Albion 0 Forest 0
Wolves 2 Albion 3
Southampton 1 Albion 3
Everton 1 Albion 4
Leicester 2 Albion 2
Albion 1 Bournemouth 0
Albion 4 West Ham 0
Leeds 2 Albion 2
Bournemouth 0 Albion 2
Albion 6 Wolves 0

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Agreed. They'll sit deep and try to hit us on the break. As someone said above, an early goal for us would be ideal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In theory, they need to go for the win, which means over-committing players and leaving spaces for the mighty stripes to score a hatful on the break...
I agree they need the win, but will they go for it from the start, or try and keep it at nil nil until the last half hour, and then hope to sneak one? I'd expect Dyche to try and keep it solid, have the odd break and also pump the ball into our box from free-kicks near the halfway line, although I haven't seen Everton playing like that so far.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This time of the season it's usually us wanting points to keep us safe from the drop so it's quite a new experience to be desperate for points to make history and qualify for European football,what is the difference in desire from a players perspective? Who knows,but as a supporter I'm probably even more nervous about getting over the line than I am in a relegation scrap.
I'm not bothered one jot how we win I'd take a boring scrappy 1-0 all day long.COYB.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Big game tonight, an important one if our goal for European football. We're the 12th man, another big home atmosphere please lads!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think it means teams who were in the relegation zone when we played them. It's not a stat one can easily verify 😑
Easily verified but boring and time consuming.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Potter has long gone
Didn’t RDZ manage us against Forest ? And to a draw against Leicester when Potter smashed them? And Potter managed 6 goals in his last 2 games against Man Utd, where as RDZ managed 1 goal (penalty) in 2 matches (plus extra time) against Man Utd

Nothing in football is guaranteed with anyone

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't want to be greedy because I would absolutely take a 1-0 win off someone's arse all day long, but it would be really really handy if this turned into a chance to boost the GD. Liverpool are three goals better off and Newcastle 10 better off (although we are still to play them).

If we do somehow live the dream and get results in our next two games, then GD might prove critical in the race for top 4 against Newcastle. If, as is more likely, we don't make it then a healthy GD might be needed to finish above Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports