Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I’m confident. Everton will be an obdurate opponent but I do not think their defence is good enough to keep us out. Whether it is a hard fought victory or a walk in the park I expect us to win. The team have earned that confidence from me, they have shown me enough. Our performance has to match our ambition now

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One massive problem.

I've washed and conditioned my hair.
Conditioner makes it go somewhat cra-cra, requiring a hat to stabilise the situation.

Therefore the players will not, I repeat, WILL NOT, be spurred on by the sight of my phenomenal hair.

This could cost us European football.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The weather forecast has been gradually improving since yesterday lunchtime. It's a sign :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One massive problem.

I've washed and conditioned my hair.
Conditioner makes it go somewhat cra-cra, requiring a hat to stabilise the situation.

Therefore the players will not, I repeat, WILL NOT, be spurred on by the sight of my phenomenal hair.

This could cost us European football.
Gel?

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Junior has ditched me for the match tonight. I have a spare ticket but the site won’t let me resell it … “none of your tickets can be offered for resale”

I don’t want the money just don’t want there to be an empty seat which is my fault

Edit : looking on the ticket exchange though there are still tickets available so don’t feel AS guilty

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Absolutely imperative we don't concede the first goal, and especially not early. If we do, then we're in for play acting, head injuries and time-wasting on a scale we can only just begin to comprehend.

Remember it's Dyche, the master of anti-football.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Didn’t RDZ manage us against Forest ? And to a draw against Leicester when Potter smashed them? And Potter managed 6 goals in his last 2 games against Man Utd, where as RDZ managed 1 goal (penalty) in 2 matches (plus extra time) against Man Utd

Nothing in football is guaranteed with anyone
Apart from a few games this season before Potter couldn’t get out the door fast enough we struggled for the last two three seasons to beat teams around us in the bottom half of the table.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It'll be Prickford. No question. Visiting 'keepers being MOTM is the law. He'll do some wonder saves, and some blunder bungles.
Struck me last night as De Gea f***ed up that keepers seem to save their best performances for when they are playing against the Albion :mad:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Trying to be positive but this one has got Nott Forest all over again,written on it….. Give us a top club and we rise to it , but struggle with the ones near the bottom.
So, in hope rather than expectation, I say ….. :albion2:
We lost to Forest. But apart from them we've beaten and remain unbeaten against every team 11-20 in the League this season including Everton with 13 of our 16 wins this season coming against these clubs near the bottom .

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
They need a win for sure no?

Catch us with an Early goal and they then sit back

They need a win somewhere in their last 4 games but probaly thinking 3 points more likely against Wolves or Bmouth.

It's possible they'll come out of the blocks quick to try to catch us cold but after that, I'm expecting a lot of attack v defence. We'll have all the ball and it'll be a question of can we break them down. Of course they'll try to hit us on the counter and DCL is a threat in the air.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’m expecting us to challenge for Champions League football now, so 3 points please today guys.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm big picture optimistic.
Micro picture pessimistic.

What can I say - I'm complicated**

** Narrator's voice - "he is the least complicated emotional cripple in human existence".
Eees complicated, Shirley, no?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An Everton win is around 7/1.
Slightly longer odds than Fulham were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here