• Reading (Away) Win

Votes: 28 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hate Jobi McAnuff, he destroyed El-Abd on boxing day, hopefully Calderon will fare better. I really can't see anything other than a Reading win, 0-2.
Reading were very good that day, but the McAnuff V El-Abd mismatch was crucial to the result. Calderon is a better right back than El-Abd, but perhaps we'll play Reyes there to negate McAnuff tonight.

To be honest, I reckon if we get the tactics right to stop McAnuff we'll be in with a chance.

Stumpy Tim

They play quite direct and have (although injured tonight) Jem Karacan who has a fantastic engine to get up and down, so they all fall in to shape and deep without the ball and some big boys like Leigertwood who used to be a centre back and now in the midfield helps them win the ball back.

Harry Redknapp admited yesterday that he got it wrong playing 4-4-2 with Spurs yesterday. Said it looks nice on paper but they were far to open and it cost them. It's all about the best system for your style of play and your players abilities.

This. Reading losing Karacan gives me massive hope for tonight. He's instrumental in midfield for them and it's a huge loss. They'll be more open and it gives us a real chance IMO

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Apr 10, 2012
From the other side of the fence, i am really not confident about tonights game against you guys. This game for me is tougher than the West Ham away for us, you have good players, a good manager and a good set of fans that im sure will make a good atmosphere in there tonight. Obviously i wish you all the worlds bad luck tonight, but for the rest of the season i hope you can sneak into the playoffs and deny those arrogant f*cks from east London from achieving the promotion they believe they "deserve".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
flicking through twitter it looks like Hal Robson-Kanu has joined Jem Karacan on their injury list - they are talking about a midfield 5. Leigertwood also reported to be out tonight.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
flicking through twitter it looks like Hal Robson-Kanu has joined Jem Karacan on their injury list - they are talking about a midfield 5

Did anybody see Sunderland beat Arsenal 2-0 in the FA Cup with ostensibly five in the middle (like they played down here), but they were quick to push a midfield player forward to go 4-4-2 in attack and it was very crowded and very effective. When Sunderland lost the ball they funnelled back, but like the League Cup match against Sunderland expect some pressure in the second half of the first half. I think we have been effective picking up the second ball this season, so as long as we keep hold of it we should be OK. I don't think it will be easy though. Our fans might have to be patient.

I did not know what to make of the West Ham v Reading game. I did not see all that much wrong with how West Ham approached the game. West Ham got the first break and they still ended up losing. And not by anything particularly special by Reading. Their players are bit more experienced than many of ours and we might see our more experienced players: Navarro, Greer, El Abd, Vicente, Dicker in the starting line-up ???

I don't believe anything that comes out of the Reading camp though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
pretty little thing let me light your candle, cos mumma I'm sure hard to handle.........Player is ON

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports