• Reading (Away) Win

Votes: 28 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My main concern is what winger to start with. Whoever it is will (based on the whole season to date) underperform while the winger coming on in the second half has a more than evens chance of scoring. On that basis we will hopefully start with Noone and bring Buckley and LuaLua on in the second half as both have better scoring records.

I agree with that. Who will the winger be? Craig Noone ?

And at what time will Kazenga come on? 56 minutes?

This is not as straightforward as all that. If the game is played at a high intensity, it is difficult for a winger to get into the game. I prefer Will Buckley on at the start though because of his high stamina. He is not as good as tracking back as Elliott Bennett was though.

Reading have Jimmy Kebe -

He did not stand out against West Ham. Must have played the interior role. Reading may do the same. Put Kebe on to start and then play Robson-Kanu on later.

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
The only thing a least bit worrying is that McDermott might have a "trick up his sleeve". The opposition get lots of cards against them and they have NOT had a player sent off this season.

Who is he? Tomasz Cywka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Substitute?

Tomasz Cywka is a Polish under 21 international. He was at Derby, and was pretty liked by the fans there.

Here's the story:

Controversy: Nigel Clough and Tomasz Cywka
Cywka was one of the promising hopes at Derby. But Clough branded the 22-year-old "not very bright" for giving the ball away too easily as his side conceded a late equalizer at Portsmouth. Clough was furious that Polish frontman Cywka surrendered possession in the build up to David Nugent's 90th-minute goal and wasted no time in criticising the player he signed permanently from Wigan Athletic in the summer when he talked to BBC Radio Derby after the game.
"We'd like some players who - in the 89th minute - don't lose the ball 20 yards outside the box which leads to us conceding a goal, which Tomasz Cywka did," Clough said. "He's an extremely inexperienced and not very bright footballer. He should have chested the ball and hooked it into the corner flag with five minutes to go. That's what experienced, good players do in that situation. And despite being told - and he has been with us 10 months - he is still doing things like that. He can go back to Wigan or wherever he came from - I'm not really bothered - until he learns the game. It is getting very, very frustrating when you are dealing with people who are doing things like that. It's not a physical thing [with Cywka] - it's a mental one but if players don't learn then you move onto the next one."
Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor said Derby boss Nigel Clough was wrong to openly criticise striker Tomasz Cywka. Taylor told BBC Radio Derby: "It cannot be appropriate to criticise your team in such a way in public. We'll sort things out...otherwise it looks an untenable situation." Taylor added: "It's a breach of the trust between the players and the manager and the manager and the players, but I would hope that Nigel sees it that way as well.”
Poor Cywka released a statement on Derby's club website, insisting he had "no problem" with Clough's comments. But … well, the situation didn’t heal, so … Derby’s loss is Reading’s gain!

He's only come on a few times as substitute, but looks very impressive to be honest, some jinky runs seems his trademark, and a fine shot too from outside the penalty area. It's one we're nursing for the future.

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
bwinbetting
Can Reading keep pace with Saints on the south coast?
Can Reading keep pace with Saints on the south coast? | Football Betting at bwin.com

While the Premier League title race has seemingly run its course with Manchester City’s recent collapse, there’s still plenty of mileage in the battle for top spot in the Championship.

Reading and Southampton have frequently traded the lead in recent weeks and with Saints winning at Crystal Palace on Easter Monday, the pressure’s on the Royals to emerge with all three points from the Amex Stadium this evening.

That may be easier said than done, though, with Brighton undefeated at home in 2012 and still holding promotion aspirations of their own as they sit just outside the playoff spots.

A home win is 11/5 in bwin’s 3Way football betting market, with the visitors 5/4 to rejoin Southampton at the top of the table and the draw also a good option at 21/10.

Gus Poyet’s side have instantly made the Amex a fortress, winning 14 times in their first season at the new stadium. Ten of those wins have been to nil and they are 4/1 for another shut-out victory here.

Yet to do so they will have to stop one of the division’s most potent attacks as Brian McDermott’s team have only failed to score twice in their last 22 games.

That included a 3-0 win in the reverse fixture at the Madejski on Boxing Day and the Royals are 87/100 to again score first against Albion.

Reading have also often struck late, with over a third of their 60-plus goals this season coming in the final 15 minutes of games, so while Albion may be able to contain them for at least the first half, the visitors should ultimately prevail.

Gee, I'm so nervous - but promise you guys no whinging if we lose, and no gloating if we win - let's be truthful, it could go either way!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I enjoyed the days when these threads pretty much started when the teams were announced. 3 pages of utter nonsense, already.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
From RR:
2-1 (Kebe) to the boyfriends.

Get soaked

Miss connecting train

West Ham win
Negativity to rival even some people on here!

Especially if he goes to Withdean :lol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I hope we win and I think we will but only if two things happen: 1. No Reyes; 2. Lua Lua and Vicente start together.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Beautiful weather at the Amex today.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334066898174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334066898174.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What a stupid system. You'll never win anything playing an out dated and basic system as that :lol:

They play quite direct and have (although injured tonight) Jem Karacan who has a fantastic engine to get up and down, so they all fall in to shape and deep without the ball and some big boys like Leigertwood who used to be a centre back and now in the midfield helps them win the ball back.

Harry Redknapp admited yesterday that he got it wrong playing 4-4-2 with Spurs yesterday. Said it looks nice on paper but they were far to open and it cost them. It's all about the best system for your style of play and your players abilities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here