[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Talking to family regarding their shopping experiences with the current virus outbreak, sort of highlights how fragile the supply chain really is.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Brexit will be delayed and then re-evaluated, no deal is unlikely to be a live option now

It has to be delayed - everyone knows it, it just a question of when it's announced.

I can see a year extension.

The Govt. wanted a deal by end June - almost impossible anyway - but now completely impossible.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
All the rhetoric of being prepared to walk on a no deal seems to be what was suspected, bluff and bluster, given the UK still want to negotiate. Now more then ever the EU dont believe it, Johnson has the perfect excuse to U turn, hopefully any appetite for a hard brexit will wither on the vine

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It has to be delayed - everyone knows it, it just a question of when it's announced.

The Govt. wanted a deal by end June - almost impossible anyway - but now completely impossible.
It'll be announced by an ashen-faced Johnson on a high death day.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Thought it was the basis for a deal to work on. Hopefully they have Skype or other online media meeting capabilities so the talks can continue whilst the lock downs take effect

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thought it was the basis for a deal to work on. Hopefully they have Skype or other online media meeting capabilities so the talks can continue whilst the lock downs take effect

If you 'thought it was the basis for a deal to work on' by June, when did you think the deal was actually going to be negotiated, given it had to be agreed by each member of the EU and we are leaving at the end of the year?

Maybe you were taken in by 'An oven-ready Brexit' ???

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Are they not spending 40B on new hospitals or is that a remainer we are not listening fingers in our ears thingy

Complete non sequitur. Any new money that is being spent on hospitals or anything else has nothing to do with a Brexit dividend because there is no Brexit dividend. Brexit reduces the size of the public purse, not increases it. What you voted for makes it harder for the things that matter to all of us to be paid for and if we as a country manage to spend extra money then that comes from greater debt or taxation, not from Brexit.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
We've left trade deal or not ............move on
regards
DF
They can't. Can't accept the referendum result, can't accept the election result, can't accept we are leaving.

I knew somebody would try to link Covid 19 to Brexit, and now we see it - when we leave the EU, our standards will drop (apparently), and another virus will evolve from the UK. Classic NSC!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
They can't. Can't accept the referendum result, can't accept the election result, can't accept we are leaving.

I knew somebody would try to link Covid 19 to Brexit, and now we see it - when we leave the EU, our standards will drop (apparently), and another virus will evolve from the UK. Classic NSC!

bunch of jokers mate, good entertainment in an other wise strange world :wink:
regards
DF
ps WE HAVE LEFT

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

On 24 June 2016 I accepted that Leave got the most votes in the referendum, on 12 December 2019 I accepted that the Conservatives had won the general election and on 31 January I accepted that the UK was no longer a voting member of the European Union. I don't know a single Remain supporter who wouldn't agree with all that.

Hope that helps. Oh, and please accept that several million people will continue to object to what is being done, in the same way that Eurosceptics rans their campaigns over several decades. No one is going away.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
On 24 June 2016 I accepted that Leave got the most votes in the referendum, on 12 December 2019 I accepted that the Conservatives had won the general election and on 31 January I accepted that the UK was no longer a voting member of the European Union. I don't know a single Remain supporter who wouldn't agree with all that.

Hope that helps. Oh, and please accept that several million people will continue to object to what is being done, in the same way that Eurosceptics rans their campaigns over several decades. No one is going away.

Too right. It's what democracy looks like!
Where did the sum of £40 billion come from?
How does a 2025 funding promise for the NHS help with the pandemic right now?
I'm listening, but I'm not hearing any answers....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports