Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thank goodness all those brexiteers are not rubbing our noses in it with all these daily economic victories since we have left.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Thank goodness all those brexiteers are not rubbing our noses in it with all these daily economic victories since we have left.

I've tended to give the thread a swerve, recently, due to the fact that I seem to have the majority of recent posters on ignore, so I'm just faced with page after page of hidden posts. :)

I do seek out the informative ones which are actually Brexit-related, whether they be positive or negative. but it still seems that we're pretty much stuck on cheaper tampons, positive-wise.

I see that a couple are now missing from the thread, notably BL and POTG? Are they both banned, or just got bored with trolling, without getting the attention they seek?

Whichever, perhaps the ensuing pages will be filled with posts of some merit, from now on (barring the Fairy's, ofc, but he doesn't count).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've tended to give the thread a swerve, recently, due to the fact that I seem to have the majority of recent posters on ignore, so I'm just faced with page after page of hidden posts. :)

I do seek out the informative ones which are actually Brexit-related, whether they be positive or negative. but it still seems that we're pretty much stuck on cheaper tampons, positive-wise.

I see that a couple are now missing from the thread, notably BL and POTG? Are they both banned, or just got bored with trolling, without getting the attention they seek?

Whichever, perhaps the ensuing pages will be filled with posts of some merit, from now on (barring the Fairy's, ofc, but he doesn't count).

Lightly baked is very busy still I fear, lots of hidden posts from him for me, but don't worry you/we are not missing anything.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

No change to report, mainly 2 things, the vaccine rollout being crowbarred into Brexit justification and somehow cancels out every other downside. oh and slogans. They paid alot of money for the slogans and since it's all they have, may as well use them to the full

Their delusion does remind of Comical Ali

w0oluh1uh9gz.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is like conversing with a deluded Europhile intent on making things up as he goes along.

You have claimed the Referendum reverses in France and the Netherlands were not a rejection of ever closer union (see EU Constitution) ... the French President and the Dutch PM disagreed.

You claim "The French and Dutch referendums killed the constitution" yet the leading architect of the Constitution, Giscard d'Estaing said the treaty differs from the abandoned constitution in "approach rather than content" .... The authors of the new treaty, he says, have taken the original draft constitution and "blown it apart into separate elements".They have then "re-attached them, one by one, to existing treaties".Changes to the original constitution - such as jettisoning references to a European flag and anthem - were made to "head off any threat of referenda" thus avoiding that democratic roadblock you dismissed previously...Farage bumjuice indeed.

Next, you state so-called facts which aren't facts "it does not change the fact that in the UK a law was brought in requiring that both houses of Parliament and the electorate had to give consent before any treaty changes or new treaties with the EU could be signed up to, it is just a fact," - Not true as I explained previously.

Finally, you end up trying to misrepresent my point. I didn't claim a UK referendum could be ignored in the same way I said there is no guarantee a way could not be found to circumvent that result as well.

I will bank your prediction of us rejoining in a few years time and place it alongside your Brexit recession prediction in the comedy vault.

In the same way that it is not true to say that the Leave vote in the UK was all about immigration, it is not true to say the French or Dutch referendum votes against were all made to reject ever closer union. I don't mind disagreeing with French or Dutch leaders, I often disagree with the opinions of our own.

The constitution was not put forward again, it was killed. The Lisbon treaty was a donor recipient of a lot of the parts, it was up to each member state if they wanted to hold a referendum on the Lisbon treaty, or not. The EU may have reckoned that the Lisbon treaty would be less likely to see referendums, but Ireland had one still.

I regret not being impeccably precise with my wording, yes some changes to treaties could be made without a referendum, things like removing the name of a country that has left, or adding a new members name to the treaties, i.e. things that would have had no consequence to the EU UK relationship. The criteria were clear and it would not have been a case of a minister deciding for himself, it would be a legal requirement in the correct circumstances.

I tell you what, you tell me how you imagine the referendum requirement on a material change to the treaties could have been circumvented, and I will stop telling you its a fact that it could not have been.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Yes, the good news stories are relentless with example piled on example of the benefits of the frictionless trade we are now enjoying with our biggest trading partner. Bravo Boris!

But just to counterbalance this good news tsunami, (there's always a fly in the ointment, eh?) apparently the whinging gits at Make UK, a trade body for companies that make stuff and try to flog it, have issued a survey in which 74% of the defeatist scum claim that they are experiencing problems with trading with the EU.

What's the matter with these people? I'd get annoyed if I didn't know that this is an isolated example, probably dreamed up by woke-types who need to get out more,

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, the good news stories are relentless with example piled on example of the benefits of the frictionless trade we are now enjoying with our biggest trading partner. Bravo Boris!

But just to counterbalance this good news tsunami, (there's always a fly in the ointment, eh?) apparently the whinging gits at Make UK, a trade body for companies that make stuff and try to flog it, have issued a survey in which 74% of the defeatist scum claim that they are experiencing problems with trading with the EU.

What's the matter with these people? I'd get annoyed if I didn't know that this is an isolated example, probably dreamed up by woke-types who need to get out more,

They need to shut their eyes and BELIEVE more.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Don’t think you’ve missed anything much. Baker Lite is still posting but Is It POTG? disappeared a couple of weeks ago and hasn’t been seen since. I really can’t imagine why such a prolific and long term contributor would suddenly disappear completely ???

JCFG keeps trying to claim that he believes something ‘could have happened if we had stayed in the EU’, but it appears to date that Baldseagull has pointed out a number of reasons why it couldn’t.

Other than that, the order of the day seems to be avoid at all costs any discussion about

the NI protocol,
the breaking of International Law,
the loyalist terror groups renouncing the good Friday agreement,
the 74% of British firms hit by delays,
the business pouring out of the City and into the EU and elsewhere in the world,
the exodus of Japanese firms from the UK to the EU,
the UK food manufacturers facing millions in extra costs,
UK/Germany (and UK/EU) trade falling through the floor,
the inability to put in place infrastructure to allow customs 'to take back control' on inbound goods,
the increased congestion at UK ports,
the complete annihilation of the fishing and shellfish industries,
the development of the UK bypass from Irish ports direct to Europe,
the 68% drop in exports which the Government tried unsuccessfully to deny,
the various other industries who are up in arms over the increased red tape, costs, forms (if they are able to trade at all !)

(and I’m sure I’ve forgotten more than I’ve remembered). So, basically avoid any discussion about Brexit.

But to counter this, we get the occasional post of ‘Leave means Leave’ or ‘We’re out, we’ve left’ from the normal idiots and a few other posts without any real point, content or reason other than to try and take the thread off topic.

So no, you haven’t really missed anything at all :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
Don’t think you’ve missed anything much. Baker Lite is still posting but Is It POTG? disappeared a couple of weeks ago and hasn’t been seen since. I really can’t imagine why such a prolific and long term contributor would suddenly disappear completely ???

JCFG keeps trying to claim that he believes something ‘could have happened if we had stayed in the EU’, but it appears to date that Baldseagull has pointed out a number of reasons why it couldn’t.

Other than that, the order of the day seems to be avoid at all costs any discussion about

the NI protocol,
the breaking of International Law,
the loyalist terror groups renouncing the good Friday agreement,
the 74% of British firms hit by delays,
the business pouring out of the City and into the EU and elsewhere in the world,
the exodus of Japanese firms from the UK to the EU,
the UK food manufacturers facing millions in extra costs,
UK/Germany (and UK/EU) trade falling through the floor,
the inability to put in place infrastructure to allow customs 'to take back control' on inbound goods,
the increased congestion at UK ports,
the complete annihilation of the fishing and shellfish industries,
the development of the UK bypass from Irish ports direct to Europe,
the 68% drop in exports which the Government tried unsuccessfully to deny,
the various other industries who are up in arms over the increased red tape, costs, forms (if they are able to trade at all !)

(and I’m sure I’ve forgotten more than I’ve remembered). So, basically avoid any discussion about Brexit.

But to counter this, we get the occasional post of ‘Leave means Leave’ or ‘We’re out, we’ve left’ from the normal idiots and a few other posts without any real point, content or reason other than to try and take the thread off topic.

So no, you haven’t really missed anything at all :shrug:

The same could be said about your post above , no amount of bitterness will change the fact wer'e a global trading country , move on there's a food chap
Regards
Df

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The same could be said about your post above , no amount of bitterness will change the fact wer'e a global trading country , move on there's a food chap
Regards
Df
Why move on ?

The country now has big problems. A better plan is to work out a way of fixing them than to deny they exist.

Where is the Politician with that rescue plan ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here