Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Lever, explain how are we going to remain under the control of the EU in ANY event? How are you going to stop the 'divorce' The winners will not put up with remaining nor under a vassal treaty. HOW will you remainers STOP that?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I take it you've found a new reason for leaving the EU since Johnson got rid of the immigration targets and supports the amnesty for all illegal immigrants in the last week ???

Ah resident cliche man. What are you going on about now? Putting your own thoughts of us brexiteers to bolster your argument.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fishing seems to have dropped off the Brexit conversion, although it dominated early on.

That being the industry that:

1) Accounts for a miniscule part of our economy.

2) Our fish processing industry is reliant on EU workers.

3) Relies on the EU as a market because a nation we eat very little fish. Most caught is exported to the EU.

4) What fish we eat is mostly imported from outside the EU.

Post Brexit are we gonna dump the prawns and cod and support the Great British fish industry ?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ah resident cliche man. What are you going on about now? Putting your own thoughts of us brexiteers to bolster your argument.

From this exact same Brexit thread when you were saying that immigration was your main reason for leaving the EU

I could tell you a few things about those foreign workers.
You see I'm what you call in the front line. I'm in construction and these SO CALLED skilled workers are far from that. As for hard working don't make me laugh. On a site where I am they start after us,are forever having fag breaks and rarely still at work after3pm. A whole hour and half before we leave. Baring in mind we start at 7.30am.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Lever, explain how are we going to remain under the control of the EU in ANY event? How are you going to stop the 'divorce' The winners will not put up with remaining nor under a vassal treaty. HOW will you remainers STOP that?

...and what will you 'win' by a divorce, Rivet?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Beats me how remainers could stop such a convincing, detailed, well considered and prepared plan.

Christ knows how those 'remainers' won on March 31st and then again on April 12th. I'm sure they definitely won't this time (unless they use that dastardly plan to do what they did the last two times and watch 'the plan' unravel as bemused bystanders) :laugh:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Answer the bloody question and stop your pathetic attempt at obfuscation and divergence. The ultimate sin of remainers, typical. Again Sir you are a Div!

Genuine question Rivet... I would really like to know what you think you/we/anyone will 'win' by leaving the EU, especially without a 'deal'. No one has really said anything convincing yet.
If you are so confident about it, why not try and persuade me. Pointless insults won't do it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
From this same Brexit thread when you were saying that immigration was your main reason for leaving the EU

That doesn't mean I don't like immigrants you prick. I was explaining that we are constantly being told that how hard they work. When sometimes that isn't true. For your information I have very good polish friends whom are very hard working lads. So don't dare tar me with the racist brush because you know nothing about me. If you did you would know that I have mixed race in my family. Now all you need to do now is call me homophobic one day and I'll explain to you exactly why I'm not. Have a good night.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Genuine question Rivet... I would really like to know what you think you/we/anyone will 'win' by leaving the EU, especially without a 'deal'. No one has really said anything convincing yet.
If you are so confident about it, why not try and persuade me. Pointless insults won't do it.

you persuade me son.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That doesn't mean I don't like immigrants you prick. I was explaining that we are constantly being told that how hard they work. When sometimes that isn't true. For your information I have very good polish friends whom are very hard working lads. So don't dare tar me with the racist brush because you know nothing about me. If you did you would know that I have mixed race in my family. Now all you need to do now is call me homophobic one day and I'll explain to you exactly why I'm not. Have a good night.

Nowhere have I ever called you a racist - I simply quoted your post and pointed out that you said immigration was the major reason for you wanting to leave the EU. And there is no need to revert to insults, there's enough of those on this thread. Good night :wave:

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At the moment politics, in effect is in recess. Not many days to go in parliamentary terms.
A50 is there, voted for by the HoC and guarenteed by Menna Giller no less.
If Boris is sincere and the government does nothing, even if a GE is sparked, we would still be out!
Under WTO rules by defualt. So I'll ask remainers again, like before, without response.
How are you going to stop 'No Deal'?

It has to be passed by parliament. There is no majority in parliament for such a scenario. The only way is to call an election or to prorogue. Johnson has ruled out an election. It is unthinkable that it would be prorogued.

On October 31st we will have had the leaving date extended (or be leaving with the current, perhaps slightly amended, deal).

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
you persuade me son.

Persuade you Rivet? Nothing I say will persuade you. What I tell you that makes no difference, it is what you tell yourself...
.... and I would like to know what you have told yourself you have won.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have only one friend who was strong in their views to leave who has changed their mind now and would now vote remain. I don’t talk about Brexit now so much as I used to as it gets too heated with friends and family but just think people now look for online or media opinion to match their entrenched views.
I want my pre - referendum views to be proved right but that is to the detriment of the country. So ?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
From this exact same Brexit thread when you were saying that immigration was your main reason for leaving the EU

Oh yes. [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION] is an enabler, because he idley stands by and won't report other people for not working full hours. Just whine about it on here. You were vary angry about immigrants at the time. You have been found out again so you have resorted to insults.

WZ didn't call you racist.
Have a good night and chill, calm down, and relax.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This thread just shows how divided we are going to be in the future.

Thinking ahead though, what is the best way to cook rat ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This thread just shows how divided we are going to be in the future.

Thinking ahead though, what is the best way to cook rat ?

I would think it might be quite gamey, so I would suggest a slow cook with shallots and mushrooms in something quite robust - maybe a Shiraz ? It's probably quite lean though, so be careful not to overcook it or it may dry out.

*edit* And celery is good for reducing strong favours in a casserole :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I take it you've found a new reason for leaving the EU since Johnson got rid of the immigration targets and supports the amnesty for all illegal immigrants in the last week ???

What makes you think he supports an amnesty for all illegal immigrants. That isnt what he said in parliament this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here