Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford ST holders can't renew if they miss too many games

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Can you buy a ticket elsewhere and then they could sit next to you? Don’t know if it is feasible. Sod’s law says the first time you try it someone will turn up and use it!
Yeah, we did that when we were STH. Our daughter bought a ST as close as she could to us but often sat in the free seat behind. TBF it was owned by a bloke who sat just along and occasionally used it for guests. Eventually he didn’t renew it and our daughter switched to that seat.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can you buy a ticket elsewhere and then they could sit next to you? Don’t know if it is feasible. Sod’s law says the first time you try it someone will turn up and use it!
There is one other seat near us that sometimes comes on the exchange so if I was organised, yes I could in theory. Everyone else is pretty regular which makes it a good place to sit but not introduce newbies. I should probably coordinate with my mate as his sons are at Uni so might not come every week going forward.

Ultimately it’s annoying that there’s always an empty seat but nice to spread out and not have someone else that I might annoy :lol:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Doesn't sound completely unreasonable to me, if the criteria is listing your ticket for re-sale if you can't use it, with no penalty for it not selling.

It's a 30-second process and can be done very close to kick-off if something comes up late.
I’m guessing a few people haven’t read it properly. I’ve had to miss a lot of games this season but always list my ticket. So I’d be fine.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The ticket office is only open in the morning at my local station, but there is a ticket machine. This particular day, it wasn't working, so no problem, we can pay on the train. There wasn't a guard on the train, so when we arrived at Brighton we went straight to the barrier and offered to pay.
We were threatened with a fine, and despite telling them, there was no way to pay beforehand, we were treated quite nastily. In the end, we bought the tickets, and not fined.
It's all very well planning when things work out.

Back to BHA, yes it is easy to relist your match tickets.
Yes, indeed, there is no accommodation for shit-housery :(

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did that once - wanted two guest tickets, closest I could get to our own seats at the N end of WSL was in the SWC (benefit at least of using the same concourse and able to move). Messages exchanged as the game was about to start, seats next to our usual ones were empty so we all sat together.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Until covid, it was the same with BHA, although it was 6 games. There was a survey that went out asking for reasons fans had missed matches, and health was one reason on the list.
Whenever I can't get there, and the exchange is open, I will list my ticket.
yes we got the letter once

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I thought that was also the case at the Amex though I have no knowledge its every been applied i.e. you must attend so many matches else lose renewal entitlement.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Like it! Anything to discourage empty seats
In principle i can agree BUT (isnt there always one) if you put a ticket up on the thingy for sale and then the game doesnt go ahead for whatever reason (CP example) and you then want to go unless the option goes back to you - you lose out and i think that puts some ppl off putting seats up on the exchange - there are so many reasons ppl cant make it originally covid now fixture changes i can understand why we will never have a completely full stadium - and in aforementioned seems harsh to penalise fans

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Last season in the WSU we had two vacant seats next to us for most of the season. The season ticket holders turned up for the man United game.

I remarked that I wasn’t sure if the seats were ST seats as hadn’t seen them occupied all season and they confirmed they were and didn’t bother listing as hassle. They also left on 80 minutes as well, bizarre!
I completely get that it is hassle. Though why some ppl throw good money away unnecessarily (stopping others attending matches in the process) is questionable maybe we have a rich fan base that can afford to do that

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I like the idea. Inequality means that some can but season tickets on the off chance of going to 1 or 2 games a season if they fancy it. Free up their seat for someone who might come and get addicted and get behind the team.

I think we should do it here.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The trouble with imposing this is say its minimum 6 games only can miss a season.
August 1 game missed - holiday
Nov/December - unwell missed 3 matches
Jan - fixture change missed match
Feb - unwell missed match
April - fixture change missed match

would you say hard luck or unjust? Then let me ask what if supporter 10 years? 20, 30 years etc etc? what if was you?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The trouble with imposing this is say its minimum 6 games only can miss a season.

would you say hard luck or unjust? Then let me ask what if supporter 10 years? 20, 30 years etc etc? what if was you?

You can miss these, you just have to put your ticket on the re-sale site.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

If the individual can’t make it for whatever reason, by listing the ticket on the exchange there’s no issue for them?

Id be surprised if you couldnt email or call SS to list your ticket on the exchange if you can’t manage self service?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
In principle i can agree BUT (isnt there always one) if you put a ticket up on the thingy for sale and then the game doesnt go ahead for whatever reason (CP example) and you then want to go unless the option goes back to you - you lose out and i think that puts some ppl off putting seats up on the exchange - there are so many reasons ppl cant make it originally covid now fixture changes i can understand why we will never have a completely full stadium - and in aforementioned seems harsh to penalise fans
Just wait until the date/time is confirmed then list. Games are virtually never re-arranged at short notice. TV schedules are released in advance. Palace has been changed with over 3 weeks to spare. If you are still worried then list tickets shortly before kick off on match day.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It's seems a little harsh but I guess they might be a little frustrated if demand outweighs supply and ST holders aren't attending. Surely a ticket exchange would be a better solution.

On a side note, I was a little surprised by the number of empty seats at the Fulham home game. It was very tricky for me to get a ticket. Perhaps some don't bother to offer their seats on thr exchange?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You’ve misunderstood the scheme.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's seems a little harsh but I guess they might be a little frustrated if demand outweighs supply and ST holders aren't attending. Surely a ticket exchange would be a better solution.

On a side note, I was a little surprised by the number of empty seats at the Fulham home game. It was very tricky for me to get a ticket. Perhaps some don't bother to offer their seats on thr exchange?
They’ve got an exchange. This is aimed at people that don’t attend and don’t list their tickets on the exchange so leaving their seats empty.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You’ve misunderstood the scheme.
The thread title is very misleading and actually factually incorrect. There is a queue of people misunderstanding Brentford’s scheme, much though we would like them to read the details or at least the posts on here…We could cover this in shifts but I go to bed quite early so can you cover for the next 12 hours ?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

The Brentford scheme is only if you don’t attend and don’t list it for resale. If you miss a game but list it for resale you are fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here