Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford ST holders can't renew if they miss too many games

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Be interested to hear people's thoughts on what Brentford are doing next season and whether you think it'd happen here. As a ST holder, if you miss 4 games in a season without listing the seat for resale or passing it on to someone else, you can't renew for the following season (your seat doesn't have to sell btw, just so long as it's listed).

FpfW70kXsAAZMnd.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been half expecting this, especially in 1901 where the club could use the tickets and sell hospitality.

4 games is a complete piss take though, especially as Hamilton has said - the club/Sky/Bt Sports/strikes bugger the schedule around on far more than four games. You should be committing to 3pm on Saturday when you buy a season ticket, not any time or date the club chooses to change the game to.

Maybe if the club didn’t make charges for passing the ticket on it would be OK, something that is a bonus of sorts in 1901 because there is no charge.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Doesn't sound completely unreasonable to me, if the criteria is listing your ticket for re-sale if you can't use it, with no penalty for it not selling.

It's a 30-second process and can be done very close to kick-off if something comes up late.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's a bit Big Brother, but I guess as long as the Ticket Exchange is open till kick off, then it's no big deal. Missing 4 out of 19 without the foresight to sell or pass your ticket is quite a lot in percentage terms. Although somehow, the scheme feels a bit tinpot to me. Don't ask to justify though.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
My initial thoughts were that it sounds a bit heavy handed but on reflection I think its ok. The club gets more revenue, the ST holder either recoups some money or makes someone happy and the seat gets filled resulting in a better atmosphere. All in exchange for 30 seconds of admin. You've also got 4 lives for lifes last minute emergencies which seems reasonable.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The stipulations Brentford are using there might seem harsh but the overall reason for doing it is fine. If you buy a season ticket and dont use it, and also dont relist it for sale when you cant go, then i get that the ticket could be better used by someone else.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Brentford possibly has data to suggest there are a number of STH that aren’t going ti a number of games and aren’t putting them on the exchange. So to me this is reasonable. NSC often goes on about empty seats at the Amex! And if they’ve got a waiting list for season tickets, maybe these people should be given a chance!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's draconian!

I agree that if you miss a significant percentage then you should be pressurised, but 4 games?

With all the changes to dates and times etc., it's easy to miss four games.
I think it includes not listing the ticket for resell. So you could miss 8 games, but as long as you relist it for 5 of those, you're going to be fine.

Think that is a very good and clear system. Completely lazy not to list your ticket for resell if you can't go if the facility to do so is there.

I like this. Every seat does count and they do have a very good atmosphere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Be interested to hear people's thoughts on what Brentford are doing next season and whether you think it'd happen here. As a ST holder, if you miss 4 games in a season without listing the seat for resale or passing it on to someone else, you can't renew for the following season (your seat doesn't have to sell btw, just so long as it's listed).

View attachment 157464
Doesn't sound completely unreasonable to me, if the criteria is listing your ticket for re-sale if you can't use it, with no penalty for it not selling.

It's a 30-second process and can be done very close to kick-off if something comes up late.
Quite.

I think this is quite reasonable especially given Brentford’s ground is small and demand high.

All they are asking is that you try and put a bum on the seat. Try being the key word.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it includes not listing the ticket for resell. So you could miss 8 games, but as long as you relist it for 5 of those, you're going to be fine.

Think that is a very good and clear system. Completely lazy not to list your ticket for resell if you can't go if the facility to do so is there.

I like this. Every seat does count and they do have a very good atmosphere.
Agree.

Why wouldn’t true supporter try and put a bum on their empty seat?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I am rubbish at this sort of thing, and have struggled with the whole 'passing on tickets' system. But even I have been able to list tickets for resale in a matter of seconds. So if their system is as easy to use as Albion's then this seems reasonable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here