Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford ST holders can't renew if they miss too many games

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Last season in the WSU we had two vacant seats for most of the season. The season ticket holders turned up for the man United game.

I remarked that I wasn’t sure if the seats were ST seats as hadn’t seen them occupied all season and they confirmed they were and didn’t bother listing as hassle. They also left on 80 minutes as well, bizarre!
Ha ha ha bought a season ticket for 1 game to see their side humiliated!!! That is karma for you right there. Surprised they lasted till 80mins. :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree.

Back in the 70s I regularly travelled on trains without a ticket, happy to pay on the train if an inspector came along. Then the rules were changed so you must have a ticket to travel or pay a fine. That was an outrage because it meant I had to plan and turn up in good time to buy a ticket. The bloody liberty.

But even a dick-head like me eventually learned to plan my travel and buy my tickets in advance.

It isn't rocket science. Life is full of complexities and we either man/woman up, or slink away into a darkened corner. Innit.
The ticket office is only open in the morning at my local station, but there is a ticket machine. This particular day, it wasn't working, so no problem, we can pay on the train. There wasn't a guard on the train, so when we arrived at Brighton we went straight to the barrier and offered to pay.
We were threatened with a fine, and despite telling them, there was no way to pay beforehand, we were treated quite nastily. In the end, we bought the tickets, and not fined.
It's all very well planning when things work out.

Back to BHA, yes it is easy to relist your match tickets.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Only when sold out, same as ours. Edit: you can list your ticket to be resold, but it can only be sold once the exchange is open, however you are free to list it at anytime.

Interestingly, if your ST seat is sold, you don't get money for it as we do, you get a credit against the cost of your ST renewal.
Yes, but as they are only asking you to list it then that’s the same thing.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Are you sure the ticket exchange is open for Palace ? It’s nearly a month away and when we were season ticket holders it was a fixture that we rarely were able to resell. Also, I don’t think they tell you they are listing it. Just when it’s sold.
The exact phrase used on my ticket account is ‘Ticket Exchange is open for the below games:’ which includes Palace.

When I phoned them up, they said all that meant was that I could list my seat but that the ticket exchange was not actually open yet.

I like to think of myself as a reasonably intelligent person but that wording baffled me! They did agree it was confusing and refunded the 2 extras that I had replaced with the better tickets.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only when sold out, same as ours. Edit: you can list your ticket to be resold, but it can only be sold once the exchange is open, however you are free to list it at anytime.

Interestingly, if your ST seat is sold, you don't get money for it as we do, you get a credit against the cost of your ST renewal.

I don't like the sound of that. What if the STH is not renewing ? They'll not have been able to claim back any of the costs of the games they couldn't go to. Yet the club gets the benefit of a resale without passing anything back. Sounds unfair.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm pleased they've taken this measure, if only to drive that tool Andy Jacobs out of their stadium.

Jacobs proudly declares that he has a season ticket for both his beloved Chelsea and also their closest rivals Brentford.

Dicks like him are blocking true Brentford fans from seeing their club play.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't like the sound of that. What if the STH is not renewing ? They'll not have been able to claim back any of the costs of the games they couldn't go to. Yet the club gets the benefit of a resale without passing anything back. Sounds unfair.
You're right, this is from their FAQs

Ticket Exchange credit can only be redeemed by renewing the Season Ticket on which that the credit was earned. Ticket Exchange credit cannot be redeemed for cash or transferred.

Maybe Paul Barber isn't such a bad man afterall?

I should probably delete this in case he sees it....

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Wasn’t payment under our original Ticket Exchange scheme only via club shop vouchers?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As Brentford seem to incude (shock, horror!) passing your ticket to someone else if you can't go, that looks as if ther rules are better than ours.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasn’t payment under our original Ticket Exchange scheme only via club shop vouchers?
Dunno tbh, I never used it. I've only used the ticket exchange once, and that was earlier this season (got £33 back for my WSU ticket).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Be interested to hear people's thoughts on what Brentford are doing next season and whether you think it'd happen here. As a ST holder, if you miss 4 games in a season without listing the seat for resale or passing it on to someone else, you can't renew for the following season (your seat doesn't have to sell btw, just so long as it's listed).

View attachment 157464
To be honest I can't understand not listing your ticket if you can't make it, its a chance to get some money back.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Doesn't sound completely unreasonable to me, if the criteria is listing your ticket for re-sale if you can't use it, with no penalty for it not selling.

It's a 30-second process and can be done very close to kick-off if something comes up late.
I woke up feeling ill for the Fulham game, listed my ticket at about 10am and it sold pretty quickly.

It's really not a hard process and 4 games without doing this seems fair to me.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The exact phrase used on my ticket account is ‘Ticket Exchange is open for the below games:’ which includes Palace.

When I phoned them up, they said all that meant was that I could list my seat but that the ticket exchange was not actually open yet.

I like to think of myself as a reasonably intelligent person but that wording baffled me! They did agree it was confusing and refunded the 2 extras that I had replaced with the better tickets.
That is ambiguous. They mean it is open for you the logged in STH to list your ticket for sale. I guess they didn’t think you might also be buying or wondering if the exchange is open. I would think they will clarify the wording after your phone call.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm pleased they've taken this measure, if only to drive that tool Andy Jacobs out of their stadium.

Jacobs proudly declares that he has a season ticket for both his beloved Chelsea and also their closest rivals Brentford.

I'm not sure how it would do that. He goes to Brentford one week and Chelsea the next. So, under this specific rule, he's not one of the 'problematic' fans.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think it includes not listing the ticket for resell. So you could miss 8 games, but as long as you relist it for 5 of those, you're going to be fine.

Think that is a very good and clear system. Completely lazy not to list your ticket for resell if you can't go if the facility to do so is there.

I like this. Every seat does count and they do have a very good atmosphere.
That makes more sense.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Who is Andy Jacobs? Never heard of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here