Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford ST holders can't renew if they miss too many games

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I can see where Brentford are coming from, its a small stadium with seats are sort after. 4 times a season is plenty, beyond that there a few excuses

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The Brentford scheme is only if you don’t attend and don’t list it for resale. If you miss a game but list it for resale you are fine.
The Brentford scheme is only if you don’t attend and don’t list it for resale. If you miss a game but list it for resale you are fine.

A :thumbsup: for Brentford FC from me then if that is how their scheme operates .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The thread title is very misleading and actually factually incorrect. There is a queue of people misunderstanding Brentford’s scheme, much though we would like them to read the details or at least the posts on here…We could cover this in shifts but I go to bed quite early so can you cover for the next 12 hours ?
Quicker to read a few posts that explain it than write one claiming you can’t be arsed I would have thought

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I can see why Brentford may have an issue with non attendance, I have a flat opposite their new stadium before it was open they wrote to everyone and I mean everyone in the local area offering them a ST. Once PL status had been confirmed everyone was suddenly a JCL Brentford fan a life long Manure fan I know Is giving it Brentford is my second club nonsense, many residents bought a ST. Obviously now all the fair weathered have grown bored of it and probably only attend the bigger games. The area is wealthy they can afford to pick and choose games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did that once - wanted two guest tickets, closest I could get to our own seats at the N end of WSL was in the SWC (benefit at least of using the same concourse and able to move). Messages exchanged as the game was about to start, seats next to our usual ones were empty so we all sat together.
For the first time ever to my knowledge, the club blocked that occurring in block D of the NS last Saturday. Pre and during the entire game, they had a senior steward and a colleague checking that every entrant could prove NS Block D on their phone.

Guessing that this was to stop mates from elsewhere in the NS crowding rows near the back, as happens at away games.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
On a slightly different point of putting your ticket up for re-sale, my son and I are STH’s and our tickets are linked as I renew both every year. He was away last weekend so couldn’t go to the Fulham game so put his ticket up for re-sale. On Saturday morning I received an email quoting MY fan number informing me the ticket had been re-sold - sent me into a right panic as I thought they’d sold the wrong one and my ticket would be blocked ! Phoned Supporter Services who eventually managed to confirm that the right ticket had been sold, but acknowledged they get frequent calls about this confusion with the emails sent ! Anyone else experienced this ?

Bizarrely, nobody actually turned up in his seat in the end on Saturday !

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I know this will piss off STHs but as a non-STH member, I think Brighton should follow suite. I’ve been hoping we would go in this direction for ages.

For non-STH albion members (even with loyalty points), it’s getting harder and harder to get tickets even for the low pointer games as we’ve got higher up the PL. I regularly see pairs of empty STH seats near me on ‘sold out’ days for high profile matches when it’s not been possible to buy 2 seats together or even on low graded match days ending up either sitting in a shitty pair seats or sitting in different rows to the person I’m with.. I haven’t been to many matches this season and will probably only make 5 or 6 the whole season (which is why I am not STH) but this season, I think it’s getting harder to compete with tourists and gloryhunters for tickets.

STHs can do a good turn for their fellow fans by listing it as a resale, help the Club for revenue and the players on the pitch because empty seats create no atmosphere.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I know someone who sat near us who had an ST and didn't go once all season. Guess he kept hold of it "just in case", and was too rich to re-list or give it up. It was a crying shame, and a little greedy really. As said by others, re-listing is a very, very easy process .
I re-listed for the first time ever for the Fulham game - listed on the Friday morning and it sold on the Saturday. I don’t miss many but had never done it before because I thought it would be horribly complicated. It really, really isn’t and I got the money in the account in a couple of days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know this will piss off STHs but as a non-STH member, I think Brighton should follow suite. I’ve been hoping we would go in this direction for ages.

For non-STH albion members (even with loyalty points), it’s getting harder and harder to get tickets even for the low pointer games as we’ve got higher up the PL. I regularly see pairs of empty STH seats near me on ‘sold out’ days for high profile matches when it’s not been possible to buy 2 seats together or even on low graded match days ending up either sitting in a shitty pair seats or sitting in different rows to the person I’m with.. I haven’t been to many matches this season and will probably only make 5 or 6 the whole season (which is why I am not STH) but this season, I think it’s getting harder to compete with tourists and gloryhunters for tickets.

STHs can do a good turn for their fellow fans by listing it as a resale, help the Club for revenue and the players on the pitch because empty seats create no atmosphere.
Really shouldn’t piss anyone off - this is exactly the point. As a STH I would rather have the seats occupied, do whatever it takes to encourage the regular stayaways to make their tickets available (and if they don’t, get rid).

A lot of the ‘empties‘ are pairs too - often, tickets available on the exchange are singles - sure if more of those pairs were available they would sell.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can see why Brentford may have an issue with non attendance, I have a flat opposite their new stadium before it was open they wrote to everyone and I mean everyone in the local area offering them a ST. Once PL status had been confirmed everyone was suddenly a JCL Brentford fan a life long Manure fan I know Is giving it Brentford is my second club nonsense, many residents bought a ST. Obviously now all the fair weathered have grown bored of it and probably only attend the bigger games. The area is wealthy they can afford to pick and choose games.
THats just standard PL stuff Shirley.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Really shouldn’t piss anyone off - this is exactly the point. As a STH I would rather have the seats occupied, do whatever it takes to encourage the regular stayaways to make their tickets available (and if they don’t, get rid).

A lot of the ‘empties‘ are pairs too - often, tickets available on the exchange are singles - sure if more of those pairs were available they would sell.
A minor flaw of the system is how the tickets are displayed on the website. I've got 3 in a row the West Upper, my son, me and my Dad. My son's seat appears in a different section to mine and my Dads despite them being next to each other. This often means my son's doesn't sell on the very rate occasion we can't go as it looks like a single. 3 together would likely be snapped up pretty quickly as I doubt that would come on the exchange that often.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
For the first time ever to my knowledge, the club blocked that occurring in block D of the NS last Saturday. Pre and during the entire game, they had a senior steward and a colleague checking that every entrant could prove NS Block D on their phone.

Guessing that this was to stop mates from elsewhere in the NS crowding rows near the back, as happens at away games.
Did the steward who’s seen us in the same seats for years really need to check our tickets :facepalm:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So to be clear you only have to list the ticket? It doesn't matter if the exchange is open or not, or if the ticket actually sells ?

If that is the case then it seems their idea is pretty harmless.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They were a championship club when the new stadium opened. The first season in the PL was laughable people I’ve known for years with no interest in Brentford whatsoever wrapped up in Brentford scarfs popping across the road for the game.
There are multiple discussions on here about widening the BHA fanbase. Nobody ever says thats laughable. It’s what you do in the good times in the hope that some of these newbies stay with the club during more difficult times.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So to be clear you only have to list the ticket? It doesn't matter if the exchange is open or not, or if the ticket actually sells ?

If that is the case then it seems their idea is pretty harmless.
That is the case.

HOW WILL THE POLICY WORK?​

In basic terms, next season, there will be consequences if fans consistently leave their seat empty.

Brentford will be introducing a new 'every seat counts' policy and if a Season Ticket Holder fails to use their ticket for a league match, they will get a yellow card. If they get four yellow cards by the next renewal date in March 2024, they will lose the automatic right to renew their Season Ticket for 2024/25.

To avoid getting a yellow card, each Season Ticket Holder must 'use' their ticket by performing one of the following actions:
  1. Attend the match and have the Season Ticket card scanned.
  2. Transfer the ticket to another Brentford supporter, and the recipient scans their ticket.
  3. List the ticket on the Ticket Exchange prior to 10am on the day of the match.
  4. Sell your ticket on the Ticket Exchange, even if you miss the 10am deadline.
https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/new-policy-for-season-tickets

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That is the case.

HOW WILL THE POLICY WORK?​

In basic terms, next season, there will be consequences if fans consistently leave their seat empty.

Brentford will be introducing a new 'every seat counts' policy and if a Season Ticket Holder fails to use their ticket for a league match, they will get a yellow card. If they get four yellow cards by the next renewal date in March 2024, they will lose the automatic right to renew their Season Ticket for 2024/25.

To avoid getting a yellow card, each Season Ticket Holder must 'use' their ticket by performing one of the following actions:
  1. Attend the match and have the Season Ticket card scanned.
  2. Transfer the ticket to another Brentford supporter, and the recipient scans their ticket.
  3. List the ticket on the Ticket Exchange prior to 10am on the day of the match.
  4. Sell your ticket on the Ticket Exchange, even if you miss the 10am deadline.
https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/new-policy-for-season-tickets
Let's not be reasonable and bring facts into the debate when there is the chance for some outrage over nothing.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

They've done it pre-match on Block B a couple of times before.

Also during games I've seen the steward who looks like Dara O Brian trying to check everyone's tickets on the back rows. What normally happens though is as soon as people who shouldn't be there see a senior steward walking up the stairs that's the queue to visit the toilet or get a burger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here