Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Botched Execution - Any sympathy?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So it could be his own fault?

potentially, though this is purely my speculation. seems odd the drug in question had exact opposite effect of intended, rather outside the normal scope of "side effects".

Dec 29, 2011
It wasn't botched at and thought he died in a humane way and think these execution are the way forward. I'd personally flush bleach or battery acid through the tubes to save money.

Could we get that in English?

On an unrelated note, studies have found less educated people are more likely to be in favour of capital punishment. Make of that what you will.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Am against any execution as I really worry an innocent person will be executed. You cannot of course pick and choose who is more deserving of this form of punishment.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If it was your mum/daughter/misses I bet you'd be happy to carry out the execution yourself.

Which is why justice isn't left in the hands of the victim.

If you are so fervent in your belief in the death penalty then I'm guessing you'd accept being wrongly convicted and executed in the name of the common good?

It's utterly barbaric and statistics prove it doesn't actually act as a deterrent.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

If you are so fervent in your belief in the death penalty then I'm guessing you'd accept being wrongly convicted and executed in the name of the common good?

It's utterly barbaric and statistics prove it doesn't actually act as a deterrent.

I haven't said that everyone convicted should be executed, obviously every case is different, but cases where CCTV and DNA can 100% prove the crime was committed by the accused then... shrug

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
He was found guilty by court of law. To receive the death penalty you must have killed someone (or something of an equally bad nature), that person can never be replaced therefore causing endless grief to families/friends.

The man got what he deserved. An eye for an eye.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Am against any execution as I really worry an innocent person will be executed. You cannot of course pick and choose who is more deserving of this form of punishment.

Well, this...
If we had the death penalty, we could well have executed at least 10 innocent people, Birm 6, and Guild 4....

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If it was your mum/daughter/misses I bet you'd be happy to carry out the execution yourself.

Don't wager your money on MY principles son. Maybe I'd feel differently, I can't say. But I'm sure I'd feel prouder of myself IF I could forgive. Not saying I would. But there's too much hate in the World.... which should be reserved for Palace. :smile:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Don't wager your money on MY principles son. Maybe I'd feel differently, I can't say. But I'm sure I'd feel prouder of myself IF I could forgive. Not saying I would. But there's too much hate in the World.... which should be reserved for Palace. :smile:

True be that

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well, this...
If we had the death penalty, we could well have executed at least 10 innocent people, Birm 6, and Guild 4....

On the plus side though we could be looking forward to Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale swinging from the gallows.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
On the plus side though we could be looking forward to Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale swinging from the gallows.

I don't think that would have been something to look forward to. Their stated aim was to become martyrs. Bizarrely, if we had the death penalty, we would be making their wishes come true.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

This is what I mean 100% proof cases like this, what's wrong with the penalty here?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well they didn't plan it that way.
So on the one hand, you don't want them to be caused pain in death, but on the other hand, you want them to suffer misery much worse than pain in death. That seems mixed up to me.

No, I think the evil son of a bitch should repent and consider what he did. Rather than go to sleep FFS, I do that seven days a week !

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Maybe, just maybe, the victims family would have preferred him not to suffer. People can be capable of forgiveness.

And anyone who revels or rejoices in what happened in this case, or can even begin to think that he "deserved it", is inhuman and sick.

Thanks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, I think the evil son of a bitch should repent and consider what he did.
Labour camps are ok by me. We desperately need to increase manufacturing in this country.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is what I mean 100% proof cases like this, what's wrong with the penalty here?

As below, what is right with the death penalty? Its continually proven in the US to cost more than incarceration, it doesn't follow that it brings families any solace or closure. It is a retribution action rising from revenge rather than justice. It is the ultimate act of a State to commit the ultimate act of violence in the name of justice. Thankfully our death penalty has long gone. Let Adebolajo and Adebowale rot in jail like Ian Brady. He craves death, justice is not served by giving it to him.

I don't think that would have been something to look forward to. Their stated aim was to become martyrs. Bizarrely, if we had the death penalty, we would be making their wishes come true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here