Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Botched Execution - Any sympathy?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Maybe, just maybe, the victims family would have preferred him not to suffer. People can be capable of forgiveness.

And anyone who revels or rejoices in what happened in this case, or can even begin to think that he "deserved it", is inhuman and sick.

revenge is a very natural human trait. I just hope Jesus forgives us all.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It was a sarcastic post on what others have posted, but don't worry yourself "mate"

Sarcasm and tongue in cheek doen't work too well on NSC. I think we need a font for it, we should call it sarcastica (joke shamelessly stolen from Arj Barker)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sarcasm and tongue in cheek doen't work too well on NSC. I think we need a font for it, we should call it sarcastica (joke shamelessly stolen from Arj Barker)

Agreed, the one thing you can't achieve via texting/internet forums

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sorry to disagree with you guys. I'm not at all religious but really can't back civilised governments causing death in pain ..... even if the party was a murderer. Not only for the executed sake, but also for those carrying out or witnessing the scene. Besides what punishment is death, we all go there one day. Back to hard labour and grinding out years of misery, reflection and contrition might be more suitable..... IMO.
Yes,but then gets reduced sentence on appeal and gets early release for his 'good' behavior....NAH! give him what he gave his victim...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Torture? Public execution? Prison for the remainder of his life?

What's that going to teach him!?

Make him live in Blackpool for 6 months!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
On the plus side though we could be looking forward to Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale swinging from the gallows.

Times have moved on since the Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4 which was 40 or so years ago. There is not a scintila of doubt I am sure in anyones mind whom the murderers of Lee Rigby are (CCTV and mobile phone footage shows this to everyone).

Every time the debate is raised, miscarriages of justice are brought up by those anti (and I concur that these do occur even now)....but there are some cases even to me (not in the legal field) that are so cut and dried that there is NO doubt whom the murderers are (DNA fingerprinting is another eg of major advancements since the 70's).

Where a judge (and or a jury) believes there is NO doubt (different ruling here from beyond all reasonable doubt) why not allow the judge the option (not mandatory an option) to execute that individual.

Levi Bellfield is serving a double whole life tarriff as he was convicted at 2 seperate trials of murder (2 young women at one trial) and 1 girl (Milly Dowler) at another. Does anyone have ANY doubts that he is a murderer at all? If so what are they?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Times have moved on since the Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4 which was 40 or so years ago. There is not a scintila of doubt I am sure in anyones mind whom the murderers of Lee Rigby are (CCTV and mobile phone footage shows this to everyone).

Every time the debate is raised, miscarriages of justice are brought up by those anti (and I concur that these do occur even now)....but there are some cases even to me (not in the legal field) that are so cut and dried that there is NO doubt whom the murderers are (DNA fingerprinting is another eg of major advancements since the 70's).

Where a judge (and or a jury) believes there is NO doubt (different ruling here from beyond all reasonable doubt) why not allow the judge the option (not mandatory an option) to execute that individual.

Levi Bellfield is serving a double whole life tarriff as he was convicted at 2 seperate trials of murder (2 young women at one trial) and 1 girl (Milly Dowler) at another. Does anyone have ANY doubts that he is a murderer at all? If so what are they?

I have to agree, it's not like the middle ages where the village decides who to burn as a witch. I don't think the Birmingham 6 or Guildford 4 would have been executed though, because they were under continuing appeal.

There are just some extreme acts of inhumanity that even the most rational person can struggle with, and with cases like Levi Bellfield, Ian Huntly etc they have been proved guilty beyond the shadow of doubt.

I do think that if someone has been sentenced to death, the victims family should be able to have the final say and can opt to giving them a life sentence instead.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
'No Nonsense' central heating sludge remover could do a job-------less than a tenner a litre.
However-----Labour costs for one hours work with my SPECIAL pump THING would put this up to six hundred sovs:eek:

There really is a simple answer:

I hear on the news that a heroin overdose killed someone.
I also hear stories that police and customs find and seize said drug.

Not difficult to add these two together and come up with a budget solution that works for all?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There really is a simple answer:

I hear on the news that a heroin overdose killed someone.
I also hear stories that police and customs find and seize said drug.

Not difficult to add these two together and come up with a budget solution that works for all?

True, and at least they'll go off on a 'high' which should keep the anti's happier

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here