Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boston Marathon + all other related incidents UPDATED

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What effect will this have on Londons Marathon this Sunday?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I'm genuinely curious as to how the presence on ball bearings makes it "almost deffinately a terrorist attack"?

I dont know, its what Fox News reported. Phone them up if your that curious.:facepalm:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Scary sounding stuff (explosions) at Boston Marathon

Just shocking, a day after the Brighton Marathon and a few days before the London Marathon - thoughts with those affected.

Can seriously see this affecting the London Marathon this weekend - though it depends on what comes out in the coming days.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That seems obvious however question is from where the terrorists are from. US has it's fair share of misguided militias. Time will no doubt tell.

Because civilian militias in the U.S. have a history of attacking and killing civilians. :facepalm:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Scary sounding stuff (explosions) at Boston Marathon

What effect will this have on Londons Marathon this Sunday?

Hopefully nothing other than tightened security. Anything else would be giving in to terrorists (assuming that is who it is). I am running Sunday and they won't stop me.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I'm genuinely curious as to how the presence on ball bearings makes it "almost deffinately a terrorist attack"?
A bomb explosion is a terrorist attack idiot. If they've got bearings being found that pretty much confirms it for me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Scary sounding stuff (explosions) at Boston Marathon

Massive respect to those marathon stewards and some runners piling in to help out when presumably they are untrained for this sort of thing.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hopefully nothing other than tightened security. Anything else would be giving in to terrorists (assuming that is who it is). I am running Sunday and they won't stop me.

I hope you right and good luck.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I seriously doubt it if today was a terrorist attack

Being a pedant, it is most likely a terrorist. A terrorist is someone who tries to create terror. Why set off these bombs if not to scare and create fear and terror? It may not be al qaeda, or the taliban, or what fox news typically mean when they say terrorists, it may well be a domestic terrorist, but just because they are not muslims or foreigners, or bombing because of their religious beliefs, doesn't make it not terrorist.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The US militias have tended to only attack Govt buildings... not civilians

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Being a pedant, it is most likely a terrorist. A terrorist is someone who tries to create terror. Why set off these bombs if not to scare and create fear and terror? It may not be al qaeda, or the taliban, or what fox news typically mean when they say terrorists, it may well be a domestic terrorist, but just because they are not muslims or foreigners, or bombing because of their religious beliefs, doesn't make it not terrorist.

Exactly.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm flying to Boston tomorrow morning and have two friends who left for Boston today and are due to land in thirty minutes time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here