Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool fan in peace

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
diving%20soccer.gif

I absolutely adore that. I may use it as my avatar for a while if that's ok?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Until you've achieved something, dont give the biggun.. because we have had more success than Brighton..

Know your history, you dinlow. This is the first year in God knows how long where Brighton isn't the drugs death capital of Britain. We're still up there and well above you in the table and you've got a never ending supply of Scousers on your doorstep.

Do you want to know my abiding memory of Blackpool? Scousers in cheap black trousers, oversized shirts and trainers. Last time I was up there was in one of those pub/disco timewarps that seem so popular in your neck of the woods. A big fat northern monkey was on the dance floor with this fat old munter and his hand up her skirt. This little scouse bloke in his 20s grabs his shoulder and says "leave it out, you ****".

"Why? Is this your bird then, you pr*ck?"

"No. It's me mam"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
NSC Gold?

We're normally quite nice to opposing fans, and we all agree we were shite at Bloomfield Road, which, apart from the Selhurst debacle was the worst performance of the season, but you didn't put away your chances and we grabbed an undeserved point.

A bit more pleasantness might have resulted in a more civil response (although some of the comments are a little bit OTT) , but at least we have a new binfest to focus on today.

Would definitely recommend drinking in town or the concourse. Transport is a pain, but trains and buses are regular. I travel from Manchester for home games and manage to cope, I am sure you can do the same from Blackpool.

Enjoy your stay.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
No disrespect to you guys, but judging on your comments, you make it sound like your a massive club. When you've been playing in league two or one for donkeys years, you've never played in the prem (which we have for such a small club that we are with shit gates etc etc) or infact won anything in your history... I didnt even know who Brighton were a few years back, now 25k fans at every home game? Makes sense.. Loyal fans ofc! Give it 5 years and I wonder whether all the fans will dissappear.

Until you've achieved something, dont give the biggun.. because we have had more success than Brighton.

On that note, I hope we ****ing smash you tomorrow. Seriously hope we do.
**** off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
NSC Gold?

We're normally quite nice to opposing fans, and we all agree we were shite at Bloomfield Road, which, apart from the Selhurst debacle was the worst performance of the season, but you didn't put away your chances and we grabbed an undeserved point.

A bit more pleasantness might have resulted in a more civil response (although some of the comments are a little bit OTT) , but at least we have a new binfest to focus on today.

Would definitely recommend drinking in town or the concourse. Transport is a pain, but trains and buses are regular. I travel from Manchester for home games and manage to cope, I am sure you can do the same from Blackpool.

Enjoy your stay.

No different to any football club with crowds above 15,000. Reading was a bar steward to get away from, as are most London grounds. Nottingham was dreadful for many. Plenty of other examples of modern day football transport issues-yes Southampton, talking about you.

We should stop thinking that The Amex is difficult to get to and away from. Compared to other grounds it really isn't that bad. The P&R systems work well (most of the time), there's a station less than 5 minutes away. Even away fans have the option of enjoying a beer or two at the stadium before heading home.

For a 30,000 capacity venue that is virtually full every home game I think the crowds get away pretty quickly.

28,000 leaving anywhere at the same time will mean queues and a bit of a wait. The more we talk about The Amex being difficult to get to and from, the less away fans will turn up (big clubs excepted).

The Amex is probably the leader-or at least a leader, when it comes to trying to make the matchday experience more than just a football match with innovative ways to disperse big crowds gradually.

Just saying...

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
All the elements of comedy gold on this thread. Started by an ignorant tw@t under the guise of being friendly, and followed up by a collection of suitably annoyed and bewildered Albion fans dishing out insults and put downs. The ones that really got me were the Kenneth Williams picture and the hedgehog replys. And as Deletebeep says, don't come on here under the guise of being a friendly away fan. Either say what you really want to say or piss off. Oh and I really hope we ****ing smash you.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I went to the Blackpool game and we were shocking, so I can see why the opening poster is surprised where we are. We looked relegation candidates that day and could have been tonked.

Only game I've seen where we have got more than we deserved. Plenty the other way.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The Amex isn't bad to get away from if you can stick around for a bit after the game. Me and my Dad have a beer in the North Stand then another in Dicks Bar and when we're done the queues for the trains/buses are non-existent.

I can imagine it being a bit of a pain if you leave right away but honestly it isn't going to hurt if you're standing in a queue for half hour or so waiting to get on a train.

Jan 30, 2008
Hi, well done with your season so far, personally i didn't really expect you to be 4th in the table considering how poor I thought you were at our place but there you go its a strange league, I think were in a false position too imo. Im travelling down to Brighton for first time, what are the closest pubs to the ground? Ive heard its a pig to get in and out of the ground with massive queues etc but the stadium itself is very nice.

Lets hope for a good game, as its a long journey down. We have been playing quite well recently too. A win will make sure we cant go down.:clap2::clap2:
should'nt you be taking your donkey for a walk
regards
DR

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The Amex isn't bad to get away from if you can stick around for a bit after the game. Me and my Dad have a beer in the North Stand then another in Dicks Bar and when we're done the queues for the trains/buses are non-existent.

I can imagine it being a bit of a pain if you leave right away but honestly it isn't going to hurt if you're standing in a queue for half hour or so waiting to get on a train.
Don't give the ****ing northern Monkey any more advice:thumbsup:

Jollyfield

Jul 28, 2011
It’s relatively easy to work out who is the bigger club....

(Seasons in the top flight since 1975 X 2 + seasons in top flight pre 1975) x (amount of times FA cup runners up + amount of times FA cup winners x2)

Then if appropriate add;

Amount of times European tournament quarter finalist + amount of times European tournament semi finalist X2 + amount of times European tournament finalist X3 + amount of times European tournament winner X4

I hope this helps.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
No disrespect to you guys, but judging on your comments, you make it sound like your a massive club. When you've been playing in league two or one for donkeys years, you've never played in the prem (which we have for such a small club that we are with shit gates etc etc) or infact won anything in your history... I didnt even know who Brighton were a few years back, now 25k fans at every home game? Makes sense.. Loyal fans ofc! Give it 5 years and I wonder whether all the fans will dissappear.

Until you've achieved something, dont give the biggun.. because we have had more success than Brighton.

On that note, I hope we ****ing smash you tomorrow. Seriously hope we do.

I guess you were too young to see us in the '83 FA Cup FInal then or did you just not realise who we were when you were watching?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here