[Misc] Bear Grylls

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The serial bullshitter and proven charlatan has just been on Sky News talking about "building success".

Why is this incomparable waste of space ever given airtime on tv and radio?

His actual idea of "building success" is to build an entire career out of lying.

Quite surprising that he didn't pop up at a Trump rally with Nige.

When there are so many British people who have actually achieved amazing things in the fields of mountaineering, climbing, exploration and protecting the environment, it's depressing that a complete fraud is the one who's raking in the cash.

I guess it's just an easy "go to" for news agencies because of the sly *******'s "brand". It's a shame.

Unlike you I've actually met him - at a Scouting event. He was very down to earth and great with the kids and and instilling confidence and drive into them. So what if he was in the TA SAS ? I'm sure it's tougher than anything you've done. If he inspires young people to reach for the stars then I couldn't give a toss if his programmes are 'faked'.

Feel free to list what you've done for the younger generations ? Ahhh ......

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Alpha course run by hundreds of churches across the country, is free of charge so there is no money making scam, nor is it a cult.
I apologise. As I said, I only saw similar to the OP on this which was Bear's face on massive billboards promoting something religious. So I immediately thought "SCAM!". Because that's what he does.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I apologise. As I said, I only saw similar to the OP on this which was Bear's face on massive billboards promoting something religious. So I immediately thought "SCAM!". Because that's what he does.

That's the problem with jumping to conclusions with a bias. I get that you don't like him but don't tar everything with the same brush.

As for contributions to the churches, they are entirely voluntary, there is no compulsion. St Peter's runs the Night Shelter in Brighton in conjunction with five other churches, including my own, Emmanuel Church.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Unlike you I've actually met him - at a Scouting event. He was very down to earth and great with the kids and and instilling confidence and drive into them. So what if he was in the TA SAS ? I'm sure it's tougher than anything you've done. If he inspires young people to reach for the stars then I couldn't give a toss if his programmes are 'faked'.

Hmmm. Seeing as I was one of the best climbers in the country when I was 17 and have voluntarily worked as an accountant for my local primary school and done months of grunt work for Barnardo's you might want to rethink that post.

Tougher than anything I've done? Ha ha ha!!!! Like Shane Duffy, Google me.

I didn't say anything about his TA SAS thing btw.

I said he is a serial liar who has made a fortune from bullshit.

Of course he will come across as charismatic when he needs to. That's The whole thing that underpins the scam. You clearly fell for it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's the problem with jumping to conclusions with a bias. I get that you don't like him but don't tar everything with the same brush.

As for contributions to the churches, they are entirely voluntary, there is no compulsion. St Peter's runs the Night Shelter in Brighton in conjunction with five other churches, including my own, Emmanuel Church.
I'm not making this about faith. That's another story. It's about the FACT that Bear Grylls is a total charlatan.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Hmmm. Seeing as I was one of the best climbers in the country when I was 17 and have voluntarily worked as an accountant for my local primary school and done months of grunt work for Barnardo's you might want to rethink that post.

Of course he will come across as charismatic when he needs to. That's The whole thing that underpins the scam. You clearly fell for it.

Obviously I've never met you but you come across as a complete cock on this thread while I have met BG and he came across very well. Go figure.

Happy to google you if you post your name - which I'm sure you're happy to do with an ego like that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Obviously I've never met you but you come across as a complete cock on this thread while I have met BG and he came across very well. Go figure.
So you're saying you're not going to reply because you have no answer and choose to playground name call instead. Cool. That's a great look.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Your work on this thread has been a thing of great beauty.

#TeamMears.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So you're saying you're not going to reply because you have no answer and choose to playground name call instead. Cool. That's a great look.

Are you drunk ? I've replied and you've replied to that reply :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even his name is a lie, because they can't.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Are you drunk ? I've replied and you've replied to that reply :facepalm:
Yes but your reply didn't reply to anything I have said. All you've done is throw insults about and make yourself look like an angry five year old. To each their own though.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Your work on this thread has been a thing of great beauty.

#TeamMears.
Apparently I'm drunk though.

You could call Hitler a complete shit on NSC and someone would pop up saying that their grandad meet him and he seemed like a decent bloke.

Actually that would definitely be ppf. But you know what I mean.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Never met him but I know someone who has involved in Scouting, and I've only heard good things

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Well, that was exciting.
Personally, I don't know much about Bear Grylls, but I gather LlcoolJ doesn't think much of him.
Who'd have guessed!:lolol:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Pfft, you’ve all missed the most important question...
If Bear Grylls could grill bears, how many bears could Bear Grylls, grill?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yes but your reply didn't reply to anything I have said. All you've done is throw insults about and make yourself look like an angry five year old. To each their own though.

Can I refer you to your original post when it come to insults ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports