Attachments

• RayBearCards.jpg
    RayBearCards.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 272

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
......such is the way of the world, much harder to get to the top if you are honest.

As Albion fans, don't we know it!

I came to a similar conclusion myself running my own business, In an industry full of crooks and c**ts I struggled. I'm (despite NSC opinion ;-) ) not very good at that, so I gave up and went back to employed work in a different industry.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ha! Great rant.

Myself and my other half feel similar about Nick Knowles and no one can understand that - because he presents that DIY SOS programme he must be decent. No, he's a complete thundercunt. (James Martin is another one to add to the list too).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've always wondered how posh boys from the aristocracy/royalty seem to achieve glittering decorated MIlitary careers without ever actually doing anything remotely useful brave or dangerous ? Like they get medals for completing a gruelling assault course in Wales on a lads weekend, or flying a helicopter on their estate in Scotland when its raining.

He's only got an OBE and that was for his charity work. He was in the SAS Reserve for three years before a parachuting accident invalided him out.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I endorse this post. The Brand is more important than the truth for Mr Grylls.

It doesn't really matter very much. But there are people that are 100 x more impressive at what he does getting 100 x less attention. Essentially because, like most posh boys, he has the confidence baked into him to assume he's worthy of the attention he gets. And that's a bit annoying

I would add to his crimes the utterly cringeworthy episode of his series when he crawled up the backside of the nasty facist Modi.

I'm team Ray Mears.

I am team Ray Mears as well,

At least you could learn stuff and I remember him building a shelter in the snow

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of his interactive survival program You vs Wild on Netflix. You get 50/50 choices on how best to make Bear survive difficult situations in a jungle, although by the end of the second episode it became clear you can't kill him so I gave up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As Albion fans, don't we know it!

I came to a similar conclusion myself running my own business, In an industry full of crooks and c**ts I struggled. I'm (despite NSC opinion ;-) ) not very good at that, so I gave up and went back to employed work in a different industry.
Yeah sydney is spot on unfortunately. It's just good for the soul to call these ***** out occasionally.

I see at least couple of people on here who I respect were unaware of Bear's bullshit, so it's good that they now know.

You're also spot on re business by the way. The big crooks make the fortunes. The things I've seen..... #Bladerunner

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of his interactive survival program You vs Wild on Netflix. You get 50/50 choices on how best to make Bear survive difficult situations in a jungle, although by the end of the second episode it became clear you can't kill him so I gave up.
Ha ha ha!!!!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No one's mentioned yet that he's the poster boy for the dodgy culty lot that have taken over St Peter's church
Oh yeah I forgot! God bothering cult money making scammer as well. His CV is a superb litany of shady shit.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I am team Ray Mears as well,

At least you could learn stuff and I remember him building a shelter in the snow
Ray is the real deal. They shouldn't be mentioned as in any way similar. I bet Bear really hates him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I did hear his justification for the hotel stay but I wasn’t aware of the other controversies.
Shame, I’ve always rather liked his stuff. His books are quite good. I even enjoyed his novel, Burning Angel.
He does charge ridiculous amounts for his survival gear branded kit. And it’s not particularly good stuff.
His branded knives are made by Gerber I was given one for Christmas a few years ago and it’s a really well made bit of kit. Apart from that I’ve never took an interest in the fella.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to admit I was unaware of all this too, thank you for pointing it out!

It would be interesting to hear how he squares this all up with his 'faith'...

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Mears takes it to a different level. With Bear it's about meshing techniques more akin to 'I'm a Celebrity' with s survival countdown clock. E.g. "I have 24 hours to survive on a beach, here's how you can get water from fish piss".

Mears is about achieving a balance with survival where you could live for an extended amount of time. He resonates this when he speaks with indigenous peoples etc.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
such is the way of the world grasshopper....:rolleyes: 20 years ago in sydney i did a business management course with a pole dancing landscape gardener and a rugby league playing plumber , what a pair of twatts they were but they managed to pilot the Aussie version of backyard blitz and now they are both multi millionaires .....one of them has his own range of outdoor furniture and the other is the government trade apprenticeship ambassador for new south wales , a smarmier pair of shitspanners you would be hard pressed to meet ......such is the way of the world, much harder to get to the top if you are honest.
I'm guessing you're on team honest:lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I shall try to find the hilarious "climbing" video when I get a few minutes.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
No one's mentioned yet that he's the poster boy for the dodgy culty lot that have taken over St Peter's church

where are you getting the "dodgy culty lot" bit from exactly

speaking as a former member of that church

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
where are you getting the "dodgy culty lot" bit from exactly

speaking as a former member of that church
He wouldn't be involved if there wasn't a cash angle involved.

Not belittling your knowledge or experience, just that the man is a cash leeching fraud so making money from a church scam would be right up his street.

And this in no way means that it was/is a cult any more than any other religious establishment that takes contributions from it's members.

Oh shit, that's all of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here