Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bear Grylls

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
He wouldn't be involved if there wasn't a cash angle involved.

Not belittling your knowledge or experience, just that the man is a cash leeching fraud so making money from a church scam would be right up his street.

And this in no way means that it was/is a cult any more than any other religious establishment that takes contributions from it's members.

Oh shit, that's all of them.

he's nothing to do with St Peter's. He does attend Holy Trinity Brompton (alongside half the cast of Made in Chelsea) which did take over the then closed St Peter's about 10 years ago- very little involvement now. He doesn't work for HTB or have much to do with them other than attending on a sunday

He HAS in the past been an Ambassador for Alpha which is historically linked to HTB but nowadays is pretty much independent and I don't think he does it any more. He didn't do much more than appear on some of their promotional material to be honest

No link to St Peter's other than them running the course, which most churches do

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
The organisation that took it over recently.
Not the standard church that it was prior to that

no "organisation" took it over. It's a Church of England church which it always has been

It was close for a number of years and re-opened when a group from HTB were invited by the CofE to send a couple of people to run it

why are they a "dodgy culty lot"?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
he's nothing to do with St Peter's. He does attend Holy Trinity Brompton (alongside half the cast of Made in Chelsea) which did take over the then closed St Peter's about 10 years ago- very little involvement now. He doesn't work for HTB or have much to do with them other than attending on a sunday

He HAS in the past been an Ambassador for Alpha which is historically linked to HTB but nowadays is pretty much independent and I don't think he does it any more. He didn't do much more than appear on some of their promotional material to be honest

No link to St Peter's other than them running the course, which most churches do

There were huge photos of him over St Peter's & the area

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

As I said, I bow to your knowledge on this. But I'm sure Bear will have managed to make a few quid, whatever it was he was promoting.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of his interactive survival program You vs Wild on Netflix. You get 50/50 choices on how best to make Bear survive difficult situations in a jungle, although by the end of the second episode it became clear you can't kill him so I gave up.

Brilliant. :D

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ha! Great rant.

Myself and my other half feel similar about Nick Knowles and no one can understand that - because he presents that DIY SOS programme he must be decent. No, he's a complete thundercunt. (James Martin is another one to add to the list too).

Bang on re James Martin, have seen him at race meetings with a nodding entourage surrounding him. He's a Bang average dinner lady at best.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
There were huge photos of him over St Peter's & the area

that would have been advertising for Alpha

completely separate to St Peter's (other than St Peter's running the course, as many churches worldwide do). I'm sure St Peter's were happy to put up the adverts, but other than that he has no connection. they've also had adverts for Ford on their tower

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
As I said, I bow to your knowledge on this. But I'm sure Bear will have managed to make a few quid, whatever it was he was promoting.

i'm sure he did

I have numerous issues with how this particular group of CofE churches are run and their use of "celebrities"

I didn't want to derail the thread, I simply took issue with the "weird culty lot" comment which still hasn't really been explained by anyone (I'm aware that it wasn't you). I went to that church for many years and still have a lot of friends there. It's far from perfect but it's no cult

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The organisation that took it over recently.
Not the standard church that it was prior to that

Holy Trinity Brompton and St Peters (including St Cuthmans in Whitehawk) are all Church of England. They are more evangelical than most CofE but still CofE.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh yeah I forgot! God bothering cult money making scammer as well. His CV is a superb litany of shady shit.

The Alpha course run by hundreds of churches across the country, is free of charge so there is no money making scam, nor is it a cult.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NSC has always been:-

#TeamRayMears (even before the days of # )

If we ever decide to VoteLeave it'll be the same as Ravens leaving The Tower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here