Baseball Season 2013

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Results are merely the representation of mishaps occurring at the wrong time to the wrong team. Fundamentally the Dodgers are permanent champions allowing lesser mortals to bat a few in to ease their obvious inferiority to the champions of Chavez Ravine.

Otherwise you appear to be right, dammit.

:lol:

I see MLB has handed out their punishments; 10-game suspension for Ian Kennedy, meaning he'll miss 2 starts. The way he has been pitching, I think that might actually work to the Dbacks advantage!

@withdeanwombat - out of interest, why do you follow the Dodgers? Do you ever get to see them live?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
:lol:

I see MLB has handed out their punishments; 10-game suspension for Ian Kennedy, meaning he'll miss 2 starts. The way he has been pitching, I think that might actually work to the Dbacks advantage!

@withdeanwombat - out of interest, why do you follow the Dodgers? Do you ever get to see them live?

I saw them when I was on hols a couple of years ago. Didn't know the rules, the game, the players. Just I was in America, doing the California experience, and we all went as a family to Dodgers Stadium where the Dodgers beat the then Florida Marlins in a one run game.

It was the Dodger Dogs and Corona with a slice of lime that did the trick, and the amazing America experience, "Let's all go to the ballgame" , the patriotism of the crowd.

The boring hammond organ to enthuse the audience, the ubiquitous " Go (insert your team) go." The total absence of any singing.
People LEAVING to get a beer,go for a walk,during an at bat. How can this happen ?

I watched every pitch, the rotation of the field, even walking a hitter (what's that about? Why not say "we're going to walk you,so go" and save some time?

Obviously,I became somewhat interested in the game, and watch it now on ESPN, and.................Dodgers are it !

It's just a matter of time,d'you see?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Heads up TWINS FANS (Sully)

Ours is the free MLB online game tonight from Target Field, vs the DESPISED Chicago White Sox, booooooo.

Looks like a 1.10am kickoff GMT. Or whatever they call the first pitch. An epic challenge of stamina, willpower, nerve and endurance. And thats just trying to stay awake for the game. COME ON.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Heads up TWINS FANS (Sully)

Ours is the free MLB online game tonight from Target Field, vs the DESPISED Chicago White Sox, booooooo.

Looks like a 1.10am kickoff GMT. Or whatever they call the first pitch. An epic challenge of stamina, willpower, nerve and endurance. And thats just trying to stay awake for the game. COME ON.

They call it the 'First Pitch" :thumbsup: This one could be going extra innings. Still awake?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The MLB All Stars game kicks off tonight at 8pm at Citifield. Let’s hope it’s better than 2012 which bordered on the farcical, with Cabrera getting the MVP award and then a month later a drug test showed he’d been juiced the whole time.

Good to see Ortiz from the Red Sox, Beltran from the Cardinals and Bautista from the Blue Jays in the line up.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Just getting into this baseball malarcky. Get espn free here in Norway and they're showing lots of this. Do theynuse a new baseball each time one is hit/touches the ground?!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I enjoyed watching Cespedes from the A's crashing 17 dingers in the first round of the Home Run Derby last night. Looking forward to the All-Star Game tonight.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just getting into this baseball malarcky. Get espn free here in Norway and they're showing lots of this. Do theynuse a new baseball each time one is hit/touches the ground?!

A quick search on Google suggests they get through anywhere from 50 to 100 balls a game.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have never been into baseball but as someone who LOVES ice hockey and basketball maybe it is time to give it a go?

Am a Rangers and a Knicks fan so which New York team should I follow?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I have never been into baseball but as someone who LOVES ice hockey and basketball maybe it is time to give it a go?

Am a Rangers and a Knicks fan so which New York team should I follow?

Has to be the Mets

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Looks like the shit has hit the fan with the ongoing investigation by MLB into steroid abuse. Ryan Braun has been banned for 65 games and A-Rod is expecting a ban in excess of that – 70 to 80 games because they want to make an example of him. The Yankees owners are probably hoping for a severe penalty because it will allow them to get out of the ridiculous contract they signed with him.

There is a good article in one of the local papers about what a hated player he has now become. He does seem to be quite a nasty piece of work.

Most hated baseball player ever??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My Minnesota Twins have had a dreadful slump. I watched their game on Sunday v the Indians, a depressing 7-1 defeat (2 poxy hits).

Then on Tuesday they go to LA and pull off a 10-3 win after being 3-3 after 9. Seven runs at the top of the 10th, including a 4-run grand slam homer from Herrmann, who had only been drafted in at the last minute as a replacement when the main man and star player Joe Mauer got called away as his missus was giving birth - to TWINS.

Gotta love that story.

Back to form last night though, a miserable 1-0 loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports