Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2013

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Baseball. I don't geddit.

The Twins played the in-form Royals on Monday, and duley got smashed 13-0, their biggest shut-out defeat for over 2 years.

So this morning, I open my At-Bat app to check last nights result, doing so with one eye closed and from behind the sofa - the Twins smashed them 7-0. How can you lose 13-0 won night, play the same team the following night, and win 7-0 ??

Andrew Arbers, thats how. Making his Twins full debut on the mound, and pitching an 8+ innings shut-out, at one point retiring 15 batters in a row. So his stats now read a rather wonderful 1-0 (0.00).

I don't quite geddit. But I LOVE it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
In Boston last week and saw the Red Sox play the Mariners, 8-2 to the Red Sox. Really like Fenway Park, which is the oldest baseball stadium in the States and serves good beer, Sam Adams, at a reasonable price compared to what you pay in the NYC stadiums.

Good to see that MLB are taking drug abuse seriously, finally. A-Rod to be suspended for 211 games - couldn’t have happened to a nicer individual. He says he will appeal, well he would wouldn’t he. Interesting that even the Yankees fans were booing him at the Chisox game last night.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
In Boston last week and saw the Red Sox play the Mariners, 8-2 to the Red Sox. Really like Fenway Park, which is the oldest baseball stadium in the States and serves good beer, Sam Adams, at a reasonable price compared to what you pay in the NYC stadiums.

Good to see that MLB are taking drug abuse seriously, finally. A-Rod to be suspended for 211 games - couldn’t have happened to a nicer individual. He says he will appeal, well he would wouldn’t he. Interesting that even the Yankees fans were booing him at the Chisox game last night.

I think the Yanks are frustrated with the appeal because they want rid as soon as possible so they can free up some salary. A-Rod's making significantly more this year than the following years of his contract so it's in his interest to serve his suspension later rather than sooner. It's all about the money now - his career is over.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I think the Yanks are frustrated with the appeal because they want rid as soon as possible so they can free up some salary. A-Rod's making significantly more this year than the following years of his contract so it's in his interest to serve his suspension later rather than sooner. It's all about the money now - his career is over.

Agreed. Somehow I don't think he'll end up in the Hall of Fame !

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Yep, hopefully this is the end of A-Rod, but it seems we've been forced to play him as he's back in the side now.

I'm not entirely sure the MLB are really taking drug abuse seriously, nearly all those suspended have got 50 games, which is basically 2 months. A two-month suspension for taking performance-enhancing drugs seems to be encouraging it, not stopping it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, hopefully this is the end of A-Rod, but it seems we've been forced to play him as he's back in the side now.

I'm not entirely sure the MLB are really taking drug abuse seriously, nearly all those suspended have got 50 games, which is basically 2 months. A two-month suspension for taking performance-enhancing drugs seems to be encouraging it, not stopping it.
You also need to remember, as per the 'Lance' thread none of the drugs cheats were actually caught through MLB's testing policy.
The Biogenesis chap gave them up when collared by a journo.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
They should get out to LA and test those Dodgers.

What franchise !! Tremendous win streak that sees them into the post season, what ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mets v Colorado MLB free game, on now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Easy.

The Twins getting hammered by Texas, is the free game, tonight.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
St Louis Cardinals & Colorado Rockies - look out for an Albion shirt in the stands Monday thru Thursday next week

Gets Go Cardinals!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After yesterdays events the Natnals are playing a doubleheader today.

How do D/Hers work with the crowd?

One ticket for all day.
Everyone out then back in again.
Come and go as you please.

What's the deal?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
For the first time since 1991 the Yankees were eliminated from the playoffs at home during the regular season. Only Girardi was delusional about this race, the players had accepted defeat a while ago.

As a Mets fans it’s always nice to see the Evil Empire humbled and we did beat them twice in Queens and twice in the Bronx, but I did feel sorry for Mo in his last season, he deserved better. At the end of the day they just had too many injuries and carry too many mercenary players. Can’t see their next season being much better.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
St Louis Cardinals & Colorado Rockies - look out for an Albion shirt in the stands Monday thru Thursday next week

Gets Go Cardinals!

Saw both play at AT&T Park in April. Giants lost to Cards but beat Rockies in the games I saw

What's happening now in terms of league positions?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Them Dodgers are just Dodging along. Wish I was rich as well as good looking, I'd be there, spectating for October for sure. Hope the telly coverage is good. There are some good teams in the play offs, er, .............methinks.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Them Dodgers are just Dodging along. Wish I was rich as well as good looking, I'd be there, spectating for October for sure. Hope the telly coverage is good. There are some good teams in the play offs, er, .............methinks.

I would have to grudgingly admit that after their pretty mediocre start, they had an incredible run through the middle of the season. Puig really ignited their season for them; it's just a shame he doesn't have a little more respect for the game and some of those who have gone before him. Still hate them with a passion; jumping in the pool at Chase Field when they clinched the division was completely classless, followed by boasts about peeing in it: Report: Dodgers player boasted of urinating in Diamondbacks pool at Chase Field. I hope the D'backs gain suitable revenge next year.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I would have to grudgingly admit that after their pretty mediocre start, they had an incredible run through the middle of the season. Puig really ignited their season for them; it's just a shame he doesn't have a little more respect for the game and some of those who have gone before him. Still hate them with a passion; jumping in the pool at Chase Field when they clinched the division was completely classless, followed by boasts about peeing in it: Report: Dodgers player boasted of urinating in Diamondbacks pool at Chase Field. I hope the D'backs gain suitable revenge next year.

I'd agree.Definitely OTT, a bit like poo-ing in the visitors' changing room. And . yes, sometimes Puig is decidedly non U, and the form team appears to be Tampa Bay Rays. I'm sticking with the Dodgers, though, and expect them to dominate their division for sometime.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For the first time since 1991 the Yankees were eliminated from the playoffs at home during the regular season. Only Girardi was delusional about this race, the players had accepted defeat a while ago.

As a Mets fans it’s always nice to see the Evil Empire humbled and we did beat them twice in Queens and twice in the Bronx, but I did feel sorry for Mo in his last season, he deserved better. At the end of the day they just had too many injuries and carry too many mercenary players. Can’t see their next season being much better.

yeah, got to a couple of games back and then just stopped hitting right at the end. To end up over .500 was amazing considering the doom and gloom at the start, the incredible amount of injuries (almost 1,500 days on the DL) and the sheer volume of players used. Next year will probably be much the same without Pettite, maybe Cano off (eek) and CC not what he was, but Teixeira and Jeter should be back.

Anyway, how did the Mess get on this year? Manage to stay above the Marlins?

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here