Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
For the first time I really don't understand what Roberto did today.

Gilmour and Hinshlewood vs McGinn, Ramsey and Luiz in midfield. Ferguson and Welbeck two upfront....?

What was he doing
I can only assume he wasn't that bothered. As soon as we saw the team we were flabbergasted that he wasn't trying to counter their strong midfield three. We weren't even competitive against a good team that didn't have to break sweat.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Villa were very good and punished us but we were really poor. Mitoma and Estupinan looked like they werent bothered in the first half.
I wonder if Lamptey should have a few games at left back and we give Pervis a rest.
Webster had a nightmare, but Dunk was also really off it today.
Ferguson first half just didn’t do enough again. He is now fit so maybe this is down to not being properly up for it.
Has RDZ done his post-match interview yet?
just done it on TNT. Stated that he has to take responsibility but that the team were soft mentally. He didn’t like how we reacted at 4-1.
He mentioned the number of games with the European games.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Were you there? Did you suffer 98 mins of utter shite. Did you not consider that the manager by playing Gilmour and Hinshelwood effectively handed Villa the midfield and allowed them to romp to a big victory without having to play particularly well.
Keep faith. Bad day at office that’s all.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Terrible result and they should be refunding all those fans that travelled.
I don't want a refund.
I want my team set up properly. I want them to be given every chance to compete. Not to be at the whim of a manager who, at the moment, doesn't seem to know how to best rotate this squad.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I kind of agree with Cole, if he could have a reasonably settled side but only make say 2-3 changes rather than playing almost a different side each game, then the players could start to learn to play alongside each other again.

One person said earlier on in the thread that they thought he was trying to be too clever but actually for me, the one big positive is that I don’t think that’s true. I don’t like all the changes but I can at least see that he does it because of the welfare of the players, rather than ego or trying to be clever. You can compare him to Arteta and see that, he is someone who does random things to try and look like a generational talent as a manger.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My mate got the coach up on his own

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230930_151315_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230930_151315_WhatsApp.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 101

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
High risk high rewards.

All went against us today like against Everton. These results happen.

Stop playing this way and we’d be Lower mid table. Think some of you need some perspective!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Stuart Pearce makes some very good points on Talksport. While Brighton aren't playing well, ir's refereeing decisions that are making the difference in games - two goals disallowed on another day, a penalty for Brighton for that handball, and a red card for Konsa - and it all would look very different. And as Pearce also pointed out, every deflection has gome Villa's way too.

Not withstanding that, I'm worried that good managers have rumbled de Zerbi ball, and have worked out how to beat it (are we allowed to criticise de Zerbi on NSC yet without being shouted at?)
And thingey (forgot his name...aah Emery) is indeed a very clever manager.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I am officially Emery Bored.
What is going on at TNT? That's three time now they have shown that inteview with the gloating Emery.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We simply don’t have the strength in depth. If I were Bloom and RDZ I’d start focusing on the PL and play the kids in Europe. We’re not going to win the Europa so we want to play our strongest team week in week out in the PL.
Yes, but we won't do that

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Villa were very good and punished us but we were really poor. Mitoma and Estupinan looked like they werent bothered in the first half.
I wonder if Lamptey should have a few games at left back and we give Pervis a rest.
Webster had a nightmare, but Dunk was also really off it today.
Ferguson first half just didn’t do enough again. He is now fit so maybe this is down to not being properly up for it.

just done it on TNT. Stated that he has to take responsibility but that the team were soft mentally. He didn’t like how we reacted at 4-1.
He mentioned the number of games with the European games.
He is right in that respect. We gave up. I was there I saw it. Players allowed standards to drop alarmingly.
Four sub par performances on the trot. Pressure of a lot of games starting to find out RDZ. HIs decision making today was the problem.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
christ will we ever beat these fuckers?
No.
I do but not after 7 games
I look at our league position before and after every game.
High risk high rewards.

All went against us today like against Everton. These results happen.

Stop playing this way and we’d be Lower mid table. Think some of you need some perspective!
yeah I tend to agree. If we’re a bit off it we’re liable to get trounced. That being said. I feel sick. Six-One. Horrible.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I don't want a refund.
I want my team set up properly. I want them to be given every chance to compete. Not to be at the whim of a manager who, at the moment, doesn't seem to know how to best rotate this squad.
How many changes per match have Villa made? Played just as many games as us. They were stronger, quicker and had more energy. Are the players starting to believe they are tired because they keep being told they should be?

JustJack

Aug 21, 2023
I learned a long time ago not to let a bad result ruin a weekend. It used to when I was younger, but now? I’ve got more of a perspective on life. And no, I don’t mean to sound patronising either😁👍
I still struggle with this a little, though I think the ADHD plays a large part. Hyperfocus sets in real quick with Albion.

Still, I feel worse when we lose games would should have won. Mentally checked out of this within 30 mins. The hope never got a chance to kill me lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here