Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Actually, this game really reminds me of the away match against Derby under Hyppia when we had a midfield 3 of Holla, JFC and Texeira.

I think we all need to accept our midfield is shite compared to last season. Caicedo and Ali Mac were world class players and Jack Hinshelwood currently isn't. This squad needs time to get up to scratch and results like this will happen in the meantime.
Our coach didn’t help to be honest Webster had a mare against Watkins last season, Webster is worse this season and Watkins has improved somewhat. That game needed the strongest line up possible and we played a side weaker than midweek in the Micky mouse cup.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Our coach didn’t help to be honest Webster had a mare against Watkins last season, Webster is worse this season and Watkins has improved somewhat. That game needed the strongest line up possible and we played a side weaker than midweek in the Micky mouse cup.
The scary thing is most were saying on here that we were fielding close to our strongest bar hinsh before the match 🫣

Massive wake up call and I'm still not over it.

On the positive side I trust Roberto when he says there will be a reaction Vs Marseille. I think we should prioritise this over Liverpool as I don't think we've got much of a hope against pool especially with the officials being completey on their side on Sunday.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think we should of played 3 centre backs and not played either Fugerson or Welbeck , would of made us stronger in defence and tspare could move in to midfield to strengthen the midfield, where we were completely overpowered

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He could’ve played both and not the failed experiment of two centre forwards.
This is where the players have to take responsibility. I am not sure what is going on with Ferguson and have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Enciso showed them all how it should be done away at Wolves, despite a lump of a centre back continously trying to rough him up.

The plan is we play possession based football and our forwards are just not retaining the ball. Pedro was guilty of multiple failed fancy flicks against AEK, but Wellbeck topped that on Saturday. We had just gone 2-0 down and the home crowd finally woke up and were baying for blood. Our vastly experienced senior pro surrounded by kids decides a fancy back flick, which never remotely looked like coming off was the way to demonstrate some leadership.

Mistakes are one thing poor decision making quite another. I hope the training ground restaurant has this on continous loop today, whilst he is eating his lunch.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Sorry to bounce this thread for obvious reasons but…from ESPN.
“According to the panel, it was the worst weekend for referees this season with four missed VAR interventions -- more than the rest of the season combined.

It was ruled that Aston Villa's second and third goals in their 6-1 home win over Brighton & Hove Albion should have been ruled out. Villa led 1-0 when Nicolò Zaniolo was in the line of vision of Brighton goalkeeper Jason Steele on Ollie Watkins' shot, with the panel split 3-2 in favour of the goal being disallowed.
Minutes later, Brighton's Solly March was brought down by Douglas Luiz in the lead up to Pervis Estupiñán's own goal. However, while the panel judged it to be a foul by Luiz, voting 4-1 for a VAR intervention, there was no reference to the relevance of the attacking phase, which would have been the key consideration in an overturn for the VAR, Stuart Attwell.”

“It was also stated that Villa defender Ezri Konsashould have been shown a second yellow card in the 71st minute, when the score was 4-1. Brighton midfielder Ansu Fati was booked after an altercation with Konsa, who had been booked in the 57th minute, and the panel felt both players should have been cautioned.”

Do you think we should ask for a replay?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here