Date: Saturday 30th September 2023
Kick-off: 12:30 BST
Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Anthony Backhouse
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Additional VAR: Derek Eaton

TEAM NEWS

Aston Villa midfielder Jacob Ramsey is a major fitness doubt, while Leon Bailey and Alex Moreno have both been ruled out.

Diego Carlos and Bertrand Traore were unused substitutes in midweek on their return from injury.

This game comes too soon for injured Brighton midfielders Pascal Gross and James Milner, while Adam Lallana is out with a minor issue.

Evan Ferguson is available after overcoming illness.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Aston Villa have earned four successive Premier League wins in this fixture, scoring twice in each match.
  • Albion's only competitive away victory in 15 attempts against Villa was by 2-1 in the Premier League in November 2020 (D3, L11).
Aston Villa
  • Villa are vying to win five of their opening seven Premier League games for the third time, having done so in 1998-99 and 2020-21.
  • They are on a run of nine consecutive home league wins for the first time since September 1989 to February 1990. Their most recent longer winning streak at Villa Park spanned 13 matches 40 years ago.
  • Aston Villa's tally of 55 points in 2023 is bettered only by Manchester City's 71. Arsenal and Liverpool have also accrued 55 points, while Brighton have 53.
  • Villa have kept 11 clean sheets in the Premier League since Unai Emery's first game in charge last November - only Manchester United, with 14, have more in that period.
  • Douglas Luiz can become the second Villa player to score in five successive Premier League home matches, emulating Dwight Yorke in late 1996.
  • Ollie Watkins has scored in each of his last three appearances against Brighton.
Albion
  • Brighton have won five of their first six top-flight matches in a season for the first time.
  • The Seagulls last won six of their opening seven league games in 2015-16 in the Championship.
  • They can equal the club top-flight record of four successive victories, set from April to May 1981.
  • Roberto De Zerbi's side have scored in 22 consecutive Premier League fixtures, scoring 51 times.
  • An Albion goal on Saturday would establish an outright club record of scoring in 17 successive away league games.
  • However, Albion have gone 10 consecutive Premier League matches without keeping a clean sheet for only the second time, also doing so between January and April 2018 (13 in a row).
  • Danny Welbeck has scored in each of his last three league appearances at Villa Park, for three different clubs: Manchester United, Arsenal, Brighton.

Roberto De Zerbi's Aston Villa Press Conference

Last edited:

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Quite a few midfielders injured for this one:

—————Enciso——————
——-Lallana———-Groß———
——Moder————Milner——-

We don’t have strength in depth in the centre of the park for this particular game. Lets hope that Dahoud and Gilmour don’t get injured.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Villa are so shithouse I'm not sure I can even watch.

record fair in Worthing may make the decision for me 😬
Shocked that you are not going on a long drive!

I have a bad feeling about this game, Villa will shitehouse us to another jammy win (been going since Grealish burst on the scene). We even lost both games to a fecking Steven Gerrard team. Have had a bad feeling about a few games this season which we have won comfortably though.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Shocked that you are not going on a long drive!

I have a bad feeling about this game, Villa will shitehouse us to another jammy win (been going since Grealish burst on the scene). We even lost both games to a fecking Steven Gerrard team. Have had a bad feeling about a few games this season which we have won comfortably though.
I'm easing myself in gently. Got Everton tix.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We have made a great start in the league and need to keep it up and bounce back from a midweek defeat. Will Maleba keep his midfield place? Having Ferguson back available is a big plus.
I would never predict a result, always brings a bad one, but those Villans are there to be caught so we can do it .....if the ball runs for us and if VAR allows and if if if....... Up the Albion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here