Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

“All parties are keen to shake hands on a deal”

Yes. Sounds legit and exactly the sort of thing Paul Barber and Tony Bloom would say.

[tweet]1415403538801471489[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He in in the England squad now so no need to move on yet.
Another year here learning off Dunk won't do his transfer potential any damage and will only increase the fee end of next season.
Arsenal would be a backward step IMHO.
Stay with this team now as we have something to prove this season or go to a team who will languish in mid table again just getting by but full of in fighting and little cliques ?
No brainer really

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Except if TB does get the right offer (and who really knows what that is, TB is Poker player, he may take less than “nonsensical” depending on what BW wants too) it will be a bigger club than the Albion with history and probably around Champion’s League expectations. A MASSIVE pay rise as well would almost certainly swing it for BW. Let’s not kid ourselves, if we get a decent offer he’ll be gone now he has mixed with the superstars of the PL

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
He in in the England squad now so no need to move on yet.
Another year here learning off Dunk won't do his transfer potential any damage and will only increase the fee end of next season.
Arsenal would be a backward step IMHO.
Stay with this team now as we have something to prove this season or go to a team who will languish in mid table again just getting by but full of in fighting and little cliques ?
No brainer really

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I'd laugh my a*** off if we eventually accepted an offer and White turned Arsenal down.
I know they're a much bigger club than us but if I was White I wouldn't want to be going there for next season.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'd laugh my a*** off if we eventually accepted an offer and White turned Arsenal down.
I know they're a much bigger club than us but if I was White I wouldn't want to be going there for next season.

Same. Jokes aside, Ben’s next move is crucial.

If I were him I’d obviously be happy to listen to any offers of interest, but I’d be quite cautious about joining a current day Arsenal. Toxic fan base, booing the team, they’ll be crying for Arteta out after a few bad results… and they’re not even in Europe.

Whereas guaranteed first team place here. Already in the Southgate England clique, and can bide time and wait for Liverpool, City, Utd, Chelsea to make a move.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Interesting* that Arsenal have loaned out Saliba to Marseille. David Ornstein (who I find rather annoying) has suggested that this makes it more likely Ben White will move to Arsenal.... [although he was claiming that a deal had virtually been done three weeks ago, so it's probably just guess work]

*possibly

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
“All parties are keen to shake hands on a deal”

Yes. Sounds legit and exactly the sort of thing Paul Barber and Tony Bloom would say.

[tweet]1415403538801471489[/tweet]

Mate pls stop posting every single tweet from Joe Public with 300 followers - it’s pointless!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im still struggling to get my head around it only being Arsenal... I know they are a huge club but was convinced a top 4 side would come for him.

If its the route he takes i wish him all the best obviously, and he will be a guaranteed starter there, which is clearly important to him, that I admire.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m not the only person here posting tweets sheeb? See above.

It’s only a bit of fun. If it bothers you just put me on ignore.

I know but you do it all the time - it only bothers me as they’re not worth passing on - perhaps just do the ones that have substance to them eg thousands of followers etc? Just an opinion, you crack on with whatever you want pal. Of course I won’t ignore you :lol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

I know but you do it all the time - it only bothers me as they’re not worth passing on - perhaps just do the ones that have substance to them eg thousands of followers etc? Just an opinion, you crack on with whatever you want pal. Of course I won’t ignore you :lol:

That was the point though…some of us were having a chuckle over the many fake “ITK” Arsenal fans claiming the deal was done. I won’t do too many don’t worry, these aren’t Leeds [emoji6]

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Same. Jokes aside, Ben’s next move is crucial.

If I were him I’d obviously be happy to listen to any offers of interest, but I’d be quite cautious about joining a current day Arsenal. Toxic fan base, booing the team, they’ll be crying for Arteta out after a few bad results… and they’re not even in Europe.

Whereas guaranteed first team place here. Already in the Southgate England clique, and can bide time and wait for Liverpool, City, Utd, Chelsea to make a move.

I completely agree with you, but we saw last summer that Ben's agent is unlikely to have his best interests at heart. He appeared to be far less concerned with the career progression and long-term interest of his client than he was securing a big money deal in the very short term. I was really very unimpressed by his agent's lack of professionalism in navigating Leeds' interest in his client, and I strongly suspect he'll adopt a similar approach to transfer interest this summer too.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Im still struggling to get my head around it only being Arsenal... I know they are a huge club but was convinced a top 4 side would come for him.

If its the route he takes i wish him all the best obviously, and he will be a guaranteed starter there, which is clearly important to him, that I admire.

It won't be just Arsenal that are looking at him or possibly even putting in a bid, but Arsenal need to create some positive news during the close season to try and deflect from the fact the fans want the owner to sell up to the Spotify fella. That's why their interest and the links with loads of players is out there, to try and keep the fans happy and distracted from what was a pretty poor season last season for them. At the moment it looks like they are trying to improve the team, they'll deal with the fallout of not landing Ben White, James Madison etc when the windows closes, but at least, from the boards point of view, they can say they tried.

Jimmy Grimble

Mate pls stop posting every single tweet from Joe Public with 300 followers - it’s pointless!

This [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION]

It’s a slightly annoying seeing this thread bounced and you’ve just quoted another random nobody from Twitter again. There’s really no need for it - it’s not funny and it’s not informative.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION]

It’s a slightly annoying seeing this thread bounced and you’ve just quoted another random nobody from Twitter again. There’s really no need for it - it’s not funny and it’s not informative.

It’s not just me. You should have words with others in the thread then put me on ignore. Thanks.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Anyone thinking if the right offer comes from Arsenal and isn't matched by anyone else that White wouldn't be off like a shot is delusional AF. One of the countries most successful clubs of the last 40 years that would likely double or triple his wages and are clearly spending large on new players. Very very few players would turn that down.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It’s not just me. You should have words with others in the thread then put me on ignore. Thanks.

It's not just that, you fuel all this crap by posting it on here, bouncing threads and then claiming incredulity when it turns out to be utter horseshit. Just a bizarre mindset. Putting you on ignore doesn't stop your obsessive bouncing of these threads back up the main board.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Anyone thinking if the right offer comes from Arsenal and isn't matched by anyone else that White wouldn't be off like a shot is delusional AF. One of the countries most successful clubs of the last 40 years that would likely double or triple his wages and are clearly spending large on new players. Very very few players would turn that down.

Even better for him, it's not the other end of the country from where he grew up. Not the biggest issue for players I'll admit, but another little sweetener. True, he's probably not winning anything anytime soon with Arsenal, but there is always a really slim chance everyone else has a dire season!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not just that, you fuel all this crap by posting it on here, bouncing threads and then claiming incredulity when it turns out to be utter horseshit. Just a bizarre mindset. Putting you on ignore doesn't stop your obsessive bouncing of these threads back up the main board.

I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if there was thread on Leeds Stand Chat, where the winner is the poster who gets the most outlandish claim posted as 'fact' on here.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Even better for him, it's not the other end of the country from where he grew up. Not the biggest issue for players I'll admit, but another little sweetener. True, he's probably not winning anything anytime soon with Arsenal, but there is always a really slim chance everyone else has a dire season!
Like us Arsenal had a good second half to the season and beat us comfortably twice. Think they are a club back on the up.

And no disrespect to you Brighton boys but London's where it's at with clubs , clothes shops , restaurants , glitz/glamour, girls from all around the world etc

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. “Bouncing threads”? You mean replying to a thread that’s fairly active?

Maybe you’re taking things a bit too seriously. To get so angry about someone a couple of tweets (and again, it’s not like I’m the only one doing so). That’s truly a bizarre mindset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here