[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Maybe we are trying to rinse Arsenal for a high res because we do know our place when Arsenal are concerned.

I appreciate he will probably get sold etc, however the arrogance of the Arsenal ITKs is so annoying. Day on day saying he is or has signed etc etc, I would LOVE it in true Kevin Keegan style if he were sold to Chelsea, Spurs or City etc as that would be hilarious!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I noticed that our 3 ‘most valuable players’ are all favourites to go to Arsenal on Sky Bet:

Bissouma - 6/5
White - 1/8
Lamptey - 11/4

I’d still be surprised if any of the three end up there.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Spurs won’t pay our asking prices and Arsenal can’t. The other ‘big’ teams won’t be certain yet about our guys and will wait another year to pay the kind of money we want. The only reason a player will leave is if they throw a wobble and go bench warm rather than start and star here. Bissouma and White are both some of the more likely players to do that in a squad with good character, but that doesn’t make them likely to. I think they’ll see sense and we have one more chance for the plan to click together and be mid-table.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think both players will see the situation positively,

Playing for Brighton is increasingly a good way to be in the shop window.
It won't be harmful to their careers to play for us for another season.

Neither of them will be worried about being seen as less attractive players in a season's time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Neither of them will be worried about being seen as less attractive players in a season's time.

I’m starting to come round to this kind of view as well, along with Owen’s (no doubt club-fed) words about the lack of an offer for White that would meet Tony’s ‘nonsensical not to sell’ valuation. Doesn’t seem to be much weight behind and Bissouma rumours either.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I absolutely refuse to believe we'd keep a player firmly against their will - we would've had way more stories come out than just Stephens(?). This is why we produce new contracts for players like Dunk every so often, money talks and we provide when needed.

You really only have to watch the interviews with BW to see he's a level headed professional who know he has benefitted from the time spent with Rusk/Potter/Dunk/Bruno et al.
He doesn't strike me as a mercenary just looking for the next pay rise. He knows he is going to make millions over the course of his career.
For now it's about whether he's progressing or not. There is no down side to him staying here for another season on that score.

He has had the opportunity to spend extended time in the England camp now and will be part of Southgate's plans regardless of where he plays his club football.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Definitely. Also Ben getting called up and making the cut for the Euros is a clear sign that you’ll get quite a bit of recognition down here as long as you can break into the team and perform.

Ben I’m less worried about.

Bissouma’s contract is running down. That’s why I always assumed he would definitely be off this summer OR the club would get him to extend his deal to protect us. Makes less sense to let him leave for free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports