Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
can someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't the clubs have to agree terms BEFORE the players Personal terms are sorted. At the very least agree a fee?

Given that the club have just released the new away kit using the sainted Ben white, it seems the deal is far from a foregone conclusion that some Arsenal and Brighton fans think. Publicity shots can be redone, but it still seems a bit strange if they know he is off. I suppose if we see his image plastered all over the Amex shop front then we know he is staying

I think he is going to be such a big big star in the future that we will all be proud that he once adorned the hallowed turf of The Amex so much so all records of his time here are wanted for prosperity.
That's my opinion anyway, 'Brighton and England's Ben White'

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
can someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't the clubs have to agree terms BEFORE the players Personal terms are sorted. At the very least agree a fee?

Given that the club have just released the new away kit using the sainted Ben white, it seems the deal is far from a foregone conclusion that some Arsenal and Brighton fans think. Publicity shots can be redone, but it still seems a bit strange if they know he is off. I suppose if we see his image plastered all over the Amex shop front then we know he is staying

No, personal terms can be agreed between player and a club, with permission of the selling club, before a fee has been agreed. It's been reported that Man Utd have been given permission to discuss personal terms with Raphael Varane but no transfer fee has been agreed yet.

Obviously I don't expect us to have given permission for discussions to have taken place between Ben and another club. However in reality Arsenal (or any other club about to submit a bid) would have spoken to Ben's agent to get an idea of what he'd be looking for to make sure wage expectations are manageable before they go putting a bid in. So when papers talk about personal terms being agreed it's more than likely a leak from an agent involved somewhere to mean we know what he expects and we are willing to match that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Clutching at straws here I fear but it seems odd that new kit features White and Biss when they are both apparently on their way? I appreciate that these photos were taken before the end of season though and BW's call up

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton through and through… and everyone knows it [emoji6]

a628e0d73089d74c665f744700f1d64c.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leaving Brighton and Potter is not an easy decision - especially when improved contracts are probably on the table.

Have you brought your tin hat with you? Maybe I've been whooshed :wink:

It looks like we will lose at least one of them and probably both which is a real shame but we all know what we are working towards and it needs funding

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Both are staying and we are aiming for a top six finish.....

Watching Biss’s highlight reel yesterday I’m surprised we didn’t finish top six last season, The Man is a credit to his profession and I for one would love him to sign an extended agreement with us, class like his does not come along very often and his international career would not be harmed by his staying with us. IMHO, like.

Apologies, maybe should have posted this on the Bissouma thread.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Wonder if he’s hedging his bets.

Sancho has completed his medical at Man U but radio silence on this.

He’s going - defo, but reckon he’s waiting on a Liverpool or Chelsea. Or his gobby agent is anyway.

Arsenal are a shambles, he must have some reservations…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ultimately it's about shirt sales. White is currently our highest profile player.

Amidst all the guessing and conjecture, a post that stands out head and shoulders above the other. Yep, absolutely, White and Bissoumas's profiles are high now, its a marketing no-brainer.

Of course this begs the supplementary question - if their profile is such that we are making substantial marketing gains from having them in our kit, then maybe a commercial decision is being made to keep them and not sell....? (or at least raise the asking price to 'nonsensical' levels)

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Clutching at straws here I fear but it seems odd that new kit features White and Biss when they are both apparently on their way? I appreciate that these photos were taken before the end of season though and BW's call up

The club site also has different players wearing the shirt - Trossard and Webster plus some ladies players - so easy enough to keep the campaign going if Biss and ben both leave.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Amidst all the guessing and conjecture, a post that stands out head and shoulders above the other. Yep, absolutely, White and Bissoumas's profiles are high now, its a marketing no-brainer.

Of course this begs the supplementary question - if their profile is such that we are making substantial marketing gains from having them in our kit, then maybe a commercial decision is being made to keep them and not sell....? (or at least raise the asking price to 'nonsensical' levels)

As a DULLARD would tell you, shirt sales are not worth enough for #ClubsLikeBrighton for this to be a significant factor.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wonder if he’s hedging his bets.

Sancho has completed his medical at Man U but radio silence on this.

He’s going - defo, but reckon he’s waiting on a Liverpool or Chelsea. Or his gobby agent is anyway.

Arsenal are a shambles, he must have some reservations…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chelsea are, apparently, waiting for another club to have an offer accepted. They're very keen.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I remember when everyone was convinced Dunk was leaving and we were greeted by the new kit being modeled by Dunky.

Not saying that either of these two are staying, but.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here