Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Arsenal working to complete Ben White deal with Brighton after personal terms agreed”.

How are personal terms agreed if we’ve not accepted a bid yet? Is that legal?

[tweet]1414906123963060224[/tweet]

It's more usual now for the selling club to allow those negotiations to run in parallel but the selling club do have to allow that approach. It probably means there is not a great deal between the offer and our asking price.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
“Arsenal working to complete Ben White deal with Brighton after personal terms agreed”.

How are personal terms agreed if we’ve not accepted a bid yet? Is that legal?

[tweet]1414906123963060224[/tweet]

Yes if Brighton agree. It sounds like it's only a matter of time but the clubs have to agree the fee (undisclosed).

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Right, Euros are over so time to get this deal done.

Push for £65m and I'd be happy with selling a player thats not even our best defender. We have plenty of player who can already slot into his position.

With that money we might be able to secure a decent striker for once. I'd take that

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

Right, Euros are over so time to get this deal done.

Push for £65m and I'd be happy with selling a player thats not even our best defender. We have plenty of player who can already slot into his position.

With that money we might be able to secure a decent striker for once. I'd take that

I could be wrong. But I don’t think there’s a cash flow issue getting a striker in. Seems to be a policy rather than a lack of funds.

We can probably afford a solid £20-30m striker within our means (given our attempts to land Gonzalez and Nunez), the issue with getting a next level mega bucks striker is our wage budget. Would we be willing to break that budget if we sell Ben? And even then would they join us? I guess we will find out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see White has said his non playing involvement in Euro 20 was his best experience so far in football. I find that quite weird given his season at Leeds and breakthrough season here. I think he’s gone

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I see White has said his non playing involvement in Euro 20 was his best experience so far in football. I find that quite weird given his season at Leeds and breakthrough season here. I think he’s gone

I don't, He was at an international tournament and the squad got to the final. The mood in that camp all throughout must have been great to have been a part of.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I don't, He was at an international tournament and the squad got to the final. The mood in that camp all throughout must have been great to have been a part of.
No sorry must be bull, nothing, absolutely nothing could eclipse a year at Leeds the pinnacle of any players career.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White is posing for photos in our new away kit.

A strange thing to do if he’s just “agreed personal terms with Arsenal”?

Let’s see how correct these ITK experts are.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I do agree that if the club knows bissouma and or white are off it seems like wierd behaviour to have them both front & centre marketing our new kits we'll probably never see them play in.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I do agree that if the club knows bissouma and or white are off it seems like wierd behaviour to have them both front & centre marketing our new kits we'll probably never see them play in.

Or they put the both in the same photo so that when they both leave they only need to take down one photo from the site.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I just don't think joining Arsenal is an easy a decision to make as the media and socal and media seem to think for him. If he goes and they're still a mess, then what? Does he get another big move? Will the likes of Chelsea stump up say 80 million? Would Arse even sell him? I think he has two options. Move to a top four club or stay with us. If he stays and has another good season the big boys will be all over him next summer.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
can someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't the clubs have to agree terms BEFORE the players Personal terms are sorted. At the very least agree a fee?

Given that the club have just released the new away kit using the sainted Ben white, it seems the deal is far from a foregone conclusion that some Arsenal and Brighton fans think. Publicity shots can be redone, but it still seems a bit strange if they know he is off. I suppose if we see his image plastered all over the Amex shop front then we know he is staying

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Looks like the same photo shoot as the home kit to me. But agree its weird to even use them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here